PDA

View Full Version : Bad as I hate to say it, I think the coon asses are going to beat OSU today.

Saltydog
06-24-2017, 02:26 PM
Just a gut feeling. I hope I'm wrong though.

I seen it dawg
06-24-2017, 02:29 PM
I agree

msstate7
06-24-2017, 02:33 PM
Maybe. They're starting a reliever though... not sure how long Gilbert can go

I seen it dawg
06-24-2017, 02:38 PM
And this home plate guy gonna be shit today. They've been good for the most part.

Bothrops
06-24-2017, 02:43 PM
LSU to win the National Championship. As much as I hate to say it, they are the luckiest and best program in college baseball.

I seen it dawg
06-24-2017, 02:45 PM

There's that Papierski guy .....

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 02:49 PM
Hey NCAA why don't you just give them the ****ing trophy and save us all some time. ****ing bullshit.

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 02:49 PM

I could go 5 with that strike zone.

msstate7
06-24-2017, 02:50 PM
I could go 5 with that strike zone.

This is f'n ridiculous

msstate7
06-24-2017, 02:51 PM
There's that Papierski guy .....

He's a nice player

I seen it dawg
Totally brutal behind the plate

RocketDawg
LSU to win the National Championship. As much as I hate to say it, they are the luckiest and best program in college baseball.

Well, they beat us 5 times in a row at the end of the season. They're pretty good.

Bothrops
06-24-2017, 02:52 PM
Was that bullshit called a strike?

I seen it dawg
He's a nice player

10 yr major leaguer

State82
That was beyond horrible. How does an umpire in the CWS miss a call that far off the plate?

msstate7
06-24-2017, 02:53 PM
Oregon state better swing on anything not outside of the other batter's box

NCDawg
06-24-2017, 02:53 PM
Don't understand why they can't find better umpires He's calling strikes that way off the plate.

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 02:59 PM
This is f'n ridiculous

You're right. I'm better than that. I could go 9.

msstate7
06-24-2017, 03:02 PM
You're right. I'm better than that. I could go 9.

I meant the zone haha

I might could even strike a guy out if I got the corner of the batter's box haha

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 03:16 PM
Don't understand why they can't find better umpires He's calling strikes that way off the plate.

It's all about politics. That's how they pick the umpires. Know someone in the SEC office? Want to umpire? LSU fan? Here's your mask and chest protector.

NCDawg
06-24-2017, 03:20 PM
Even the LSU coach said the umpire has a "pitcher friendly strike zone". At least as it pertains to the LSU pitcher.

I seen it dawg
06-24-2017, 03:28 PM
Papierski.....

Political Hack
06-24-2017, 03:37 PM
LSU winning is good for the SEC. We sink and rise with the SEC. I hope they win it.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-24-2017, 03:39 PM
LSU winning is good for the SEC. We sink and rise with the SEC. I hope they win it.

Florida?

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 03:39 PM

Then I hope Florida wins it all.

I seen it dawg
06-24-2017, 03:41 PM
Sorry I can't root for either one. And I don't agree that it's good for us to have a sec team win. It's only good for the team that wins.

msstate7
06-24-2017, 03:42 PM
We recruit against lsu. No way does it help us if they win

Activated Alpha
06-24-2017, 03:42 PM

Hell no. **** those cajun cousins. If I had to pick between Florida or them, I choose Florida all the way.

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 03:50 PM
Sorry I can't root for either one. And I don't agree that it's good for us to have a sec team win. It's only good for the team that wins.

I agree. All we can do is say Cann built their team but otherwise it does not help us at all. Same with Florida too but maybe to a slightly lesser extent.

Saltydog
06-24-2017, 04:10 PM
PERIOD!

Political Hack
06-24-2017, 04:12 PM
We have a better rivalry with LSU. I want that game to be the pinnacle of every season while Cann is here.

I seen it dawg
06-24-2017, 04:36 PM
PERIOD!

Disagree...as I've stated a few times already...some of you have no idea what we have gotten as our head baseball coach.

Saltydog
06-24-2017, 04:42 PM
changing over night.

JimmyMcNulty
06-24-2017, 04:45 PM
Wow this umpiring is unreal

Saltydog
06-24-2017, 04:45 PM
might as well get thrown out at this point. It's not like you have anything to lose.

VandelayIndustries
06-24-2017, 04:48 PM
Umpire was terrible, off the plate not even close. LSU is winning it all it's over, don't care who they play

msstate7
06-24-2017, 04:51 PM
Disagree...as I've stated a few times already...some of you have no idea what we have gotten as our head baseball coach.

Looking like lsu bout to have a 2-time natty HC themselves at a better program. You guys see us overtaking them, but I'm gonna have to see it

shoeless joe
06-24-2017, 05:04 PM
Manieri is a bitch...O'Sullivan is a punk loser. If they meet up in the finals it will be the worst CWS in history

msstate7
06-24-2017, 05:06 PM
Manieri is a bitch...O'Sullivan is a punk loser. If they meet up in the finals it will be the worst CWS in history

Go tcu

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 05:13 PM
PERIOD!

We already have one of the top players form Louisiana committed in Basiel Williams. The thing about it is they're very similar to us in recruiting profile. There is more talent in Louisiana than Mississippi- but they still can't build a championship team with players exclusively from there. That's where losing Cann hurts them going forward and helps us going forward. And why we will be on even terms in about a year or two- heck I wouldn't be surprised if we win the series against them next year in Baton Rouge. We're not going to be a JUCO All-Star team anymore. See I seen it's comments about Cann.

MarketingBully
06-24-2017, 05:15 PM
I think both TCU and Florida have good chances to beat LSU. UF took 2/3 from LSU this year. It would suck for Sully to win his first but I rather have UF then Mangina win it. Best scenario for me would be TCU win it all. LSU's pitching rotation is ****ed to hell so there's that.

Skydawg1
06-24-2017, 05:16 PM
TCU looked good last night. I want the hottest hitting team to win tonight. This is also TCU's 4th or 5th cws in a row. They're ready to win it.

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 05:17 PM
We have a better rivalry with LSU. I want that game to be the pinnacle of every season while Cann is here.

With Cann that series is probably going to be the pinnacle anyway whether LSU wins another NC or not. We haven't played Florida with Cann here so I don't know how that will go yet. That and I want to win the Governor's Cup and series against Ole Miss, Bama, and Auburn every year plus the USM game. Hell, I want to win all of them.

We have to make our own tradition by winning it all ourselves. I think Cann has us on the right path to doing that.

MarketingBully
06-24-2017, 05:17 PM
Looking like lsu bout to have a 2-time natty HC themselves at a better program. You guys see us overtaking them, but I'm gonna have to see it

But of course you are.

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 05:18 PM
I think both TCU and Florida have good chances to beat LSU. UF took 2/3 from LSU this year. It would suck for Sully to win his first but I rather have UF then Mangina win it. Best scenario for me would be TCU win it all. LSU's pitching rotation is ****ed to hell so there's that.

LSU will win it all because the NCAA/ESPN wants them and Kramer Robertson to win it all. The fix is on. Tom Rinaldi special on Kramer and his Mom coming this Sunday. It's bullshit. The best team has already lost.

MarketingBully
06-24-2017, 05:19 PM
changing over night.

Salty gonna salt...

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 05:19 PM
TCU looked good last night. I want the hottest hitting team to win tonight. This is also TCU's 4th or 5th cws in a row. They're ready to win it.

Cann and Schloss go way back to Schloss's days at Tulane. I wonder if we'll give them some scouting reports if they beat Florida?

I love TCU's pitching coach by the way.

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 05:20 PM

And who built this LSU team and talked their seniors into returning? We should hire that guy.**

Commercecomet24
06-24-2017, 05:20 PM
We already have one of the top players form Louisiana committed in Basiel Williams. The thing about it is they're very similar to us in recruiting profile. There is more talent in Louisiana than Mississippi- but they still can't build a championship team with players exclusively from there. That's where losing Cann hurts them going forward and helps us going forward. And why we will be on even terms in about a year or two- heck I wouldn't be surprised if we win the series against them next year in Baton Rouge. We're not going to be a JUCO All-Star team anymore. See I seen it's comments about Cann.

Right on, Todd! I know a lot of the kids Canns recruiting, especially 2019-2020 kids. Been coaching against a lot of them since they were 8. And that's kids from all over the Southeast. Hes recruiting the elite and we are gonna take a huge step forward in talent. It may take a couple years but we are going to blow up.

Commercecomet24
06-24-2017, 05:23 PM
LSU will win it all because the NCAA/ESPN wants them and Kramer Robertson to win it all. The fix is on. Tom Rinaldi special on Kramer and his Mom coming this Sunday. It's bullshit. The best team has already lost.

My gosh I can't stand Robertson! I'm sick of hearing about him and his momma. He can't get out of here soon enough. Don't understand Espn man crush on him.

msstate7
06-24-2017, 05:25 PM
And who built this LSU team and talked their seniors into returning? We should hire that guy.**

I've no doubt Cann had a huge role in building this lsu team; but giving Cann all the credit is much like Georgia fans saying smart was the architect of the bama teams. PM won before Cann and he'll win without him... certainly easier with him though. I'm not knocking Cann at all... I just think you guys are selling PM way too short. Did Cann build his ND teams or his 1st natty team too?

MarketingBully
06-24-2017, 05:27 PM

The best team never wins these things. I'm just saying UF/TCU have a shot. Also, who knows how much that controversy affected OSU with the pitcher

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 05:28 PM
And to add- what Cann has just done by hiring Gautreau gives us an angle that LSU didn't have when he was there because now we have access to Scott Boras clients potentially.

What LSU did to build their team is what Vandy and Florida did to build their teams before them. And it's what we're going to do now. I honestly think we could be even better in the long run than those two programs because Vandy doesn't recruit hitters like they do pitchers or they just prefer to play small ball more for whatever reason and I don't think Florida develops their players all that well. That's what separates Cannizaro from the others- he can evaluate talent and develop it. And IMO it's a lot easier to find an elite pitching coach like a Butch Thompson, Alan Dunn, or a Gary Henderson than it is to find an elite hitting coach like Cann. So, with Cann and an elite pitching coach we should be good to go. I think we get to Omaha by 2019 if not next year depending on how our freshmen do.

I seen it dawg
06-24-2017, 05:29 PM
changing over night.

Well that's bc it doesn't change overnight. I mean seriously

msstate7
06-24-2017, 05:29 PM
The best team never wins these things. I'm just saying UF/TCU have a shot. Also, who knows how much that controversy affected OSU with the pitcher

Losing a starting pitcher with an era under 1 is a huge deal.

MarketingBully
06-24-2017, 05:31 PM
I've no doubt Cann had a huge role in building this lsu team; but giving Cann all the credit is much like Georgia fans saying smart was the architect of the bama teams. PM won before Cann and he'll win without him... certainly easier with him though. I'm not knocking Cann at all... I just think you guys are selling PM way too short. Did Cann build his ND teams or his 1st natty team too?

Mangina is more Les Miles then Nick Saban. He hasn't won his second natty yet.

msstate7
06-24-2017, 05:34 PM
Mangina is more Les Miles then Nick Saban. He hasn't won his second natty yet.

And I hope he doesn't. I hate him and that program, but they good... they good

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 05:39 PM

No one is saying that he's bad as a coach- but he was on the hot seat and had to fire his hitting coach before he got Cann. I think Manieri is past his prime personally and Cann is the reason for THIS CURRENT team that he has. We are saying that he won't make LSU a dynasty which is probably what would have happened if Cann had stayed there like Manieri wanted. Their hitting was bad before Cann got there and he turned it around. Kramer Robertson basically said that Cann saved his career. If he does not hire Cann, they are not in Omaha right now. Period.

Manieri does not have the ties that Cann does- and that is huge in college baseball recruiting. If you can accurately predict a player's signability and know "who to" recruit that is an advantage that few have. And one that LSU had until this year.

There is a reason why Manieri has acted like a complete bitch about Cann leaving- and he better hope that he wins it this year because we're going to make it a LOT tougher in the coming years.

msstate7
06-24-2017, 05:42 PM
No one is saying that he's bad as a coach- but he was on the hot seat and had to fire his hitting coach before he got Cann. I think Manieri is past his prime personally and Cann is the reason for THIS CURRENT team that he has. We are saying that he won't make LSU a dynasty which is probably what would have happened if Cann had stayed there like Manieri wanted. Their hitting was bad before Cann got there and he turned it around. Kramer Robertson basically said that Cann saved his career. If he does not hire Cann, they are not in Omaha right now. Period.

Manieri does not have the ties that Cann does- and that is huge in college baseball recruiting. If you can accurately predict a player's signability and know "who to" recruit that is an advantage that few have. And one that LSU had until this year.

There is a reason why Manieri has acted like a complete bitch about Cann leaving- and he better hope that he wins it this year because we're going to make it a LOT tougher in the coming years.

I certainly think Cann is gonna be very successful here. I'm just not jumping on the we bout to leave lsu in the dust mantra.

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 05:42 PM

I don't think it affected them as much as the umpires bullshit strike zone. You could beat the 27 Yankees if you are given the other batter's box.

msstate7
06-24-2017, 05:43 PM
I don't think it affected them as much as the umpires bullshit strike zone. You could beat the 27 Yankees if you are given the other batter's box.

Yeah, that zone was BS

MarketingBully
06-24-2017, 05:44 PM

He better hope that no one hires Henderson as a HC this year otherwise Dunn is ours. If you saw implosion by us getting Cann, could you imagine after we got Dunn? Mangina's days would be numbered then even if he did win it this year.

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 05:46 PM
I certainly think Cann is gonna be very successful here. I'm just not jumping on the we bout to leave lsu in the dust mantra.

Well, that's because as I seen it says "you don't realize what we got in a head coach". You won't notice it until 2019 though which is when Cann's first class will be on campus where he recruited half the class or more.

We are going to have a lot more MLB influence in our recruiting going forward than you realize.

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 05:50 PM
He better hope that no one hires Henderson as a HC this year otherwise Dunn is ours. If you saw implosion by us getting Cann, could you imagine after we got Dunn? Mangina's days would be numbered then even if he did win it this year.

I think that eventually happens to be honest with you. Our staff should be really good next year- and Henderson will get a lot of credit for it and rightfully so. Manieri would be livid.

But I'll be honest I really like TCU's pitching coach. He seems to be more Cann-esque. Whoever our next PC is I want them to have MLB/pro ties like Derek Johnson who was the PC at Vandy and was able to land all of their big time guys and is now the Brewers PC. So, obviously we won't get him but I wouldn't be surprised if Cann has or knows someone with similar scouting or agent ties that no one knows about or thinks of.

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 05:53 PM
Right on, Todd! I know a lot of the kids Canns recruiting, especially 2019-2020 kids. Been coaching against a lot of them since they were 8. And that's kids from all over the Southeast. Hes recruiting the elite and we are gonna take a huge step forward in talent. It may take a couple years but we are going to blow up.

I can not wait! I think it's going to be a lot of fun to watch and see how it all develops and grows with our new stadium coming too. I think we will be in Omaha pretty soon- maybe even next year if the freshmen step up, which I can't count on.

Comparing Cann's first year to Cohen's first year is incredible in and of itself to realize how far we have come from that point.

Skydawg1
06-24-2017, 05:59 PM
The future looks bright for State. I hope the next time we get a chance to deny LSU a trip to Omaha, we get it done. We're not there yet but we're close.

confucius say
06-24-2017, 07:05 PM
I think that eventually happens to be honest with you. Our staff should be really good next year- and Henderson will get a lot of credit for it and rightfully so. Manieri would be livid.

But I'll be honest I really like TCU's pitching coach. He seems to be more Cann-esque. Whoever our next PC is I want them to have MLB/pro ties like Derek Johnson who was the PC at Vandy and was able to land all of their big time guys and is now the Brewers PC. So, obviously we won't get him but I wouldn't be surprised if Cann has or knows someone with similar scouting or agent ties that no one knows about or thinks of.

You know who tcu pitching coach is right? kirk sarloos. He was an all American at cal state Fullerton. Same time Cann was one at Tulane I believe. And I think he pitched against us in super regional at cal state in I believe 2001 and shoved it up our a**.

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 07:13 PM
You know who tcu pitching coach is right? kirk sarloos. He was an all American at cal state Fullerton. Same time Cann was one at Tulane I believe. And I think he pitched against us in super regional at cal state in I believe 2001 and shoved it up our a**.

Indeed. Probably not that realistic as far as getting him to MSU though.

confucius say
06-24-2017, 07:20 PM
Indeed. Probably not that realistic as far as getting him to MSU though.

He and Cann were both all Americans in 2001 and played each other in both teams' third game of the CWS. Gotreau was an all American on that tulane team too. So they all know each other. Would not surprise me at all if he is a primary candidate should our pitching job open.

Dawg61
06-24-2017, 08:08 PM
I wanna see LSU vs Florida just for pure entertainment purposes. The trash talking between the two schools fans on SEC Rant alone is worth buying extra popcorn for. They were already talking shit to each other before Regionals even started.

confucius say
06-24-2017, 08:41 PM
I wanna see LSU vs Florida just for pure entertainment purposes. The trash talking between the two schools fans on SEC Rant alone is worth buying extra popcorn for. They were already talking shit to each other before Regionals even started.

Jorts vs corn dogs. My two least favorite coaches in the game. Would be a bitch fest. Guarantee they'd be seeing who can out bitch the other.

Skydawg1
06-24-2017, 08:46 PM
I'd be all for a UF-LSU final. For one it would force the NCAA to eat a dick. They tried like hell to avoid that very scenario.

confucius say
06-24-2017, 08:47 PM
I'd be all for a UF-LSU final. For one it would force the NCAA to eat a dick. They tried like hell to avoid that very scenario.

Hank or Matt?

Saltydog
06-24-2017, 09:03 PM
CSF if I'm not mistaken. Can't believe somebody hasn't hired him as a h/c yet.

msstate7
06-24-2017, 11:07 PM
Florida gonna win. Lsu running out of pitching

Skydawg1
06-24-2017, 11:11 PM
Florida gonna win. Lsu running out of pitchingFlorida threw their ace tonight. And looked like he got a little injury. I hope you're right. Even for LSU standards, Lange might not pitch again until Wednesday if necessary. Should be the most interesting finals ever.

msstate7
06-24-2017, 11:15 PM
Florida threw their ace tonight. And looked like he got a little injury. I hope you're right. Even for LSU standards, Lange might not pitch again until Wednesday if necessary. Should be the most interesting finals ever.

Florida is loaded with pitching. Walker injury is a killer for lsu. If his "elbow tightness" is TJ, forget '18 season too. Lange threw for lsu yesterday, so he's most likely done too

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 11:20 PM
Florida threw their ace tonight. And looked like he got a little injury. I hope you're right. Even for LSU standards, Lange might not pitch again until Wednesday if necessary. Should be the most interesting finals ever.

I fully expect the Florida baseball team to suffer non life-threatening hamstring injuries after running out of their hotel after some LSU fan sets of the fire alarm being good natured fans.

Todd4State
06-24-2017, 11:21 PM
Florida is loaded with pitching. Walker injury is a killer for lsu. If his "elbow tightness" is TJ, forget '18 season too. Lange threw for lsu yesterday, so he's most likely done too

Oh- they will pitch Lange at least once.

msstate7
06-24-2017, 11:24 PM
Oh- they will pitch Lange at least once.

Prob so... I hope Florida wins game 1 forcing lsu to use him game 2. I'm sure Theo Epstein will be cursing

Skydawg1
06-24-2017, 11:24 PM
So who will LUS pitch on Monday night? Gotta be Poche, right? Would that be his 4th appearance in Omaha?? Agree with 7, Florida will roll somebody out with good stuff.

msbulldog
06-25-2017, 07:10 AM
Jorts vs corn dogs. My two least favorite coaches in the game. Would be a bitch fest. Guarantee they'd be seeing who can out bitch the other.

I can't decide who to pull for, I really don't like either coach. The one redeeming factor for LSU is if they win, we can say we got knocked out by the NC.

I seen it dawg
06-25-2017, 11:45 AM
Poche Monday and pray for a win. Poche loses they are done. Wholestaff tue if win or lose. Lange wed