PDA

View Full Version : CWS Umpiring

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2017, 05:18 PM
Did anyone just watch the umpiring in the LSU/Oregon State game?

What a fraud. The strike zone was absurdly huge & they missed quite possibly the biggest blown call I've seen in CWS history when the Oregon State hitter hit a ball off the wall that was called foul but hit the yellow line on the wall & should have been called fair.

The last out was a called strike 3 that was good foot outside & high.

Just seems like the game deserves better than this. I don't even have dog in the fight, & thought the umpiring was brutal

Todd4State
06-23-2017, 05:24 PM
I just feel like it seems that they cater to LSU a lot. They won the SEC in part because of a badly blown call against South Carolina.

I know the umpires really don't care who wins but no question the system needs to be overhauled. They need a better replay system similar to MLB and I would like to see automated umpires of they insist on getting local guys to do it instead of real umpires.

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2017, 05:28 PM
LSU has become the Bama of college football when it comes to getting breaks.

Only difference is that LSU isn't really more talented than the rest of the conference like Bama is in football.

Todd4State
06-23-2017, 05:32 PM
I could not agree more. Look a their cakewalk regional matchups too. I can't wait to see Cann with a full deck against them.

msbulldog
06-23-2017, 05:43 PM
Look guys I hate LSU as much as anybody, hell I have to live in their territory. But in the top of the 9th, the Oregon St. pitcher hit the the LSU batter twice and the ump said he moved in, the first one was a very bad call, the 2nd one was iffy. It really didn't matter the batter walked on balls and loaded the bases and then K. Robertson grounded out (hate it for him and his momma). I guess in umpiring that's what you call equal opportunity 17-ups.

Bass Chaser
06-23-2017, 06:38 PM
The fair ball called foul was a game changer. No way that should be missed.

RocketDawg
06-23-2017, 06:43 PM
LSU has become the Bama of college football when it comes to getting breaks.

Only difference is that LSU isn't really more talented than the rest of the conference like Bama is in football.

LSU has been known to get a break or two in football as well.

Bass Chaser
06-23-2017, 07:19 PM
Wow 2 pitches down the middle belt high called balls.

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2017, 07:35 PM
BTW, the Florida pitcher Kowar is going to throw a gem tonight.

The stuff he's pitching with tonight would get through MLB lineups for 5-7 innings.

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2017, 07:40 PM
Kowar might be David Cone 2.0

shoeless joe
06-23-2017, 09:01 PM
3-2 pitch to Brooks bryan in 98 against LSU is all that needs to be said...

maroonmania
06-23-2017, 09:37 PM
LSU has been known to get a break or two in football as well.

Yep, I'm still pissed about the TD LSU got in 2000 against us when their ball carrier had the ball knocked out of his arm a full yard before he got to the goal line WITH the referee standing on the goal line looking right at the runner. Of course we ended up losing that game in OT. Just because we are paranoid does not mean SEC refs aren't out to get us.

RocketDawg
06-23-2017, 09:41 PM
Yep, I'm still pissed about the TD LSU got in 2000 against us when their ball carrier had the ball knocked out of his arm a full yard before he got to the goal line WITH the referee standing on the goal line looking right at the runner. Of course we ended up losing that game in OT. Just because we are paranoid does not mean SEC refs aren't out to get us.

That's exactly the play I was thinking about. There have been others, but that one stands out.

TUSK
06-24-2017, 01:02 AM
REC doin' work!

(Disregard this post: I'm just gettin' warmed up for football season)

msbulldog
06-24-2017, 06:58 AM
17 the REC.

Lord McBuckethead
06-24-2017, 10:14 AM
Kowar might be David Cone 2.0

Had 10 strikeouts at one point, but he gave up 8 doubles.

TUSK
06-24-2017, 11:21 AM
17 the REC.

Let's see how that kinda attitude works out for OM....