PDA

View Full Version : MSU baseball commits

Todd4State
06-23-2017, 01:17 PM
Won PG state player of the year for New York (Quenton Holmes), Michigan (Bryce Bush), and Mississippi (JT Ginn).

Big4Dawg
06-23-2017, 01:45 PM
Which are coming to school

Todd4State
06-23-2017, 02:05 PM
Bush and Ginn are 2018 guys. Not sure about Bush but early reviews on Ginn coming to school are positive.

ZedFedder
06-23-2017, 02:12 PM
Ginn would be a huge get. He is a two way player correct? I know he can run it up to mid 90s but also doesn't he hit very well? Is Bush really good?

smootness
06-23-2017, 02:49 PM
Ginn would be a huge get. He is a two way player correct? I know he can run it up to mid 90s but also doesn't he hit very well? Is Bush really good?

From what little I've read, it looks like it breaks down like this so far:

Studs/truly top players, likely to go pro based on rank:
Carter Stewart (#22 PG)
Cole Winn (#31 PG)
Jeremiah Jackson (#34 PG)
JT Ginn (obviously we've heard good reports about him coming to school, but we'll see) (#45 PG)
Basiel Williams (#51 PG)

Highly-ranked, could lose to draft, likely top college players if they come:
Sam Knowlton (#134 PG)
Hayden Jones (#142 PG)
Bryce Bush (#203 PG)
Luke Hancock (#215 PG)

Likely to come to school:
Brandon Smith (#408 PG)
Bryce Brock (top 500)
Will Morrison (top 500)
Landon Jordan (top 500)
Regi Grace (top 500)
Hunter Eldridge (top 500)

smootness
06-23-2017, 03:00 PM
And just FYI, here's where PG ranked our 2017 signees:

Quentin Holmes (#35) - going pro
Jordan Anderson (#62) - coming to school
Bryce Hutchinson (#98) - going pro
Chad Bryant (#99) - coming to school
Owen Lovell (#154) - coming to school
Josh Hatcher (#164) - coming to school
Tanner Allen (#176) - coming to school
Jordan Westburg (#262) - coming to school

I don't think there's been enough talk about just how sick this 2017 class could be. As a reference, Ashcraft was #90, Reed Smith 208, Self 215, and Skelton 352.

And yes, unfortunately OM's 2016 class was stupid. 5 guys in the top 77, got all of them to school.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2017, 03:09 PM
Bush and Ginn are 2018 guys. Not sure about Bush but early reviews on Ginn coming to school are positive.

Talked to Mike today. Not only do him and JT love Cann but they love Jake(recent hire) too. We are in extremely good shape with JT. As of now he will be playing in Maroon and white. Just played with Mississippi All Star team in Oklahoma.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2017, 03:15 PM

JT hit .483 this year with 16 hrs and 66 RBI. Good glove too. Probably be position player and closer at least what they're saying is the plan.

Todd4State
06-23-2017, 03:25 PM

I have not seen Bush play but his stats were very inpressive. I think he had 16 home runs himself.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2017, 03:28 PM
I have not seen Bush play but his stats were very inpressive. I think he had 16 home runs himself.

I think they've got bush a little underrated imo. The kid can rake. Todd you always do such a good job keeping us updated on our recruits. Much appreciated.

Todd4State
06-23-2017, 03:39 PM
Talked to Mike today. Not only do him and JT love Cann but they love Jake(recent hire) too. We are in extremely good shape with JT. As of now he will be playing in Maroon and white. Just played with Mississippi All Star team in Oklahoma.

We need to get guys like Ginn in to school. I really think he could be a first round pick by the time he leaves MSU. I like how Andy and now Gautreau are changing how we do things. Getting head transfers in and now we have MLB scouting toes and ties to Scott Boras. We are about to be an absolutely elite program.

Todd4State
06-23-2017, 03:40 PM
I think they've got bush a little underrated imo. The kid can rake. Todd you always do such a good job keeping us updated on our recruits. Much appreciated.

My pleasure!

Commercecomet24
06-23-2017, 03:58 PM
We need to get guys like Ginn in to school. I really think he could be a first round pick by the time he leaves MSU. I like how Andy and now Gautreau are changing how we do things. Getting head transfers in and now we have MLB scouting toes and ties to Scott Boras. We are about to be an absolutely elite program.

You nailed it. We have a baseball hc and staff that are on the cutting edge of modern baseball. We are on the cusp of going from a great program to elite.

BiscuitEater
06-23-2017, 04:11 PM
Bryce Hutchinson (#98) - going pro.

Been outta the loop. Has he signed? Thought he was still considering school. Thanks..

The Federalist Engineer
06-23-2017, 04:36 PM
Been outta the loop. Has he signed? Thought he was still considering school. Thanks..

No, has not signed yet. The mets have signed 1/2 of their picks and the six seniors drafted before Hutchinson got $10k.

Right now, still a dawg. But it depends on how much the mets will go above the Slot value

Leeshouldveflanked
06-23-2017, 04:38 PM
And yes, unfortunately OM's 2016 class was stupid. 5 guys in the top 77, got all of them to school.

I am always amazed how Ole Miss can get kids to turn down $1 Million+ to come to Oxford...

Homedawg
06-23-2017, 05:56 PM
It's a matter of time.

messageboardsuperhero
06-23-2017, 06:05 PM
I am always amazed how Ole Miss can get kids to turn down $1 Million+ to come to Oxford...

Well they just lost two to the draft this year, and before last year they had even worse luck than us in the draft...

Todd4State
06-23-2017, 06:41 PM

I doubt very many of them were offered that much money. Really it was a perfect storm of legacies, Oxford HS being really good more than anything.

Todd4State
06-23-2017, 06:48 PM
It's a matter of time.

Yeah- I think he was supposed to have some kind of a thing on social media where he announces what he is going to do but if he chooses us it will honestly be the most surprising guy that we have ever pulled from the draft in my fandom.

He's going to sign with the Mets. And if he does choose us on social media my guess is it would be a negotiating move. I would only believe that he is with us if he is still unsigned after the deadline.