PDA

View Full Version : OT-ED on Safari and Google Chrome Browser

bulldog2488
06-23-2017, 11:05 AM
Is anybody having trouble on the site with it constantly knocking my browser down to the bottom of the page where there are advertisements? Never had this problem until yesterday, but it literally won't allow me to read posts for longer than a couple of seconds before it does that. Anybody know a fix? I've never had the problem before and I haven't changed any browser settings.

BeastMan
06-23-2017, 11:39 AM
That exact issue was reported to site ownership and a fix is in the works. In the meantime I'd suggest doing everything you can on your end with pop up blockers and whatnot. I haven't had that issue on my MacBook or on my iPhone but understand others are dealing with it. Thank you for your feedback and patience.

bulldog2488
06-23-2017, 11:53 AM
Thanks, BeastMan. Will do.

Political Hack
06-23-2017, 11:54 AM
We've got some upgrades coming in July. Easier to take the site down a little while for maintenance during slow periods.

That same issue has happened to me a few times, but it stopped. I wish I knew how i stopped it. I think it may be a default setting that centers your browser on video being played. It's weird that's catching though because we don't have pop up ads. It's just catching the movement of the static ads and latching on to it.

BrunswickDawg
06-23-2017, 12:17 PM
We've got some upgrades coming in July. Easier to take the site down a little while for maintenance during slow periods.

That same issue has happened to me a few times, but it stopped. I wish I knew how i stopped it. I think it may be a default setting that centers your browser on video being played. It's weird that's catching though because we don't have pop up ads. It's just catching the movement of the static ads and latching on to it.

You know the day you take the site down NAFOOM will declare victory via some mythical court order "shutting down Elitedawgs".

RocketDawg
06-23-2017, 01:26 PM
I use Safari on a MacBook Pro and have not had the problem you described. I'm also using AdBlocker and Ghostery. Both are free.

bulldog2488
06-23-2017, 02:33 PM

It's weird because mine stopped doing this just a little while ago. Had never had any issues on my MacBook until the last few days, and literally within a couple hours of posting this it's working normally again. Who knows.

I seen it dawg
06-23-2017, 11:04 PM
Well I'm smarter than everybody

Dawgface
06-24-2017, 08:13 AM
Here's a problem I have on my Samsung android phone. I can log on ED but then I'm instantly booted out. Can read all threads, just can't log on and post. No other forums I belong to does this. Any suggestions? I don't normally use my phone for internet stuff....just when out of town.