PDA

View Full Version : Let's all calm down

Squidawg11
09-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Should we have won last night? Absolutely
Was the play calling bad after we scored 20? Absolutely
Should we have kept playing like we had on defense and not played a soft zone and allowed them to move the ball down the field? Absolutely

With all that said, we need to calm down and not have a knee jerk reaction to this loss. There were a lot of negatives, but they are fixable negatives. Here are the positives and negatives I saw from last nights game

Here are the positives from the game last night.

1. Dak looks to be a damn good quarterback and this was his first start on the road in the SEC, he will only get better.
2. With the exception of the last drive, our defense looked good, as it has the past few games. I love Collins as our DC
3. Our receiving corps is young and inexperienced, but looks to be improving every game. I think we have a lot of talent here.
4. Our defense is really young and will only get better.
5. Richie Brown looks like a STUD.
6. Our linebackers as a whole are excellent.

Negatives:

1. Justin Cox is a great player, but he plays better when the play is in front of him. He needs to play safety. He cost us dearly at corner
2. The offensive line is still very unimpressive to me. I will say Hevesy needs to go. I love Beckwith, but I don't think he plays at another SEC school.
3. Too many penalties that kill drives.
4. Devon Bell has to step it up and if he doesn't soon, we need to go with Sobiesk.
5. We are not putting opponents away. I agree we need to quit with the Stans stall on offense and defense after we get a lead. If we did not learn this from last night then there is cause for concern, but I do think we will and we will be better for it going forward.

Final thoughts:

We should have won, but I do not think Auburn is a bad football team. We played them tough at their place with a VERY young team. I think last night was a great teaching experience for a young team. I have always believed that you learn more after a loss than a win. I think we will be a better team going forward because of last night. I saw a vast improvement from the OK State game. Our young players will grow and mature throughout this season. I think we will be better next week than we were this week and I think we will be better in November then we will be next week. Let's let this season play out and not let our emotions get the better off us on the day after we lost an emotional game.

Hail State!

hacker
09-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Agreed 100%. Thanks.

chef dixon
09-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Agree on everything but the O line, they gave us over 200 on the ground and gave Dak a very reasonable amount of time to throw the football. Taking a step back from the moment that was last night, I'm pretty excited about the future of this football team.

Drugdog
09-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Our favorite motto..."wait till next year".
Bullshit. We need to win now.

RunDog26
09-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Yay for silver linings.

DownwardDawg
09-15-2013, 02:59 PM
The offensive line looked pretty damn good to me until the 4th quarter stansbury stall and Auburn stacked the LOS.

bostonred
09-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Beckwith looked pretty good to me. We ran behind him several times with good results.

RougeDawg
09-15-2013, 10:14 PM
If you learn more after losses, this team should all have perfect football IQ after this season.

No excuses for losing last night. I'm seeing the same shit we've been seeing the last coule years. A Dan Mullen team that cannot finish ballgames. Winning is contagious and so is losing. I'm seeing a bad trend developing that may be very difficult to reverse. Last night was emotionally draining for the players too. They may very well lose this week. Wouldn't surprise me after those deflated looks I saw last night walking back into the tunnel. They left it all on the field and were spent.

engdawg04
09-15-2013, 10:20 PM
I stopped reading at "I do not think auburn is a bad football team". Wished you would have slipped that in earlier