PDA

View Full Version : Dan Mullen may be in-state HC #1 but HF is #1 in the Nation!

Reason2succeed
06-23-2017, 07:42 AM
https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/06/21/coaches-hot-seat-most-pressure

I hate to admit but I'm proud of HF. He's finally #1 at something.

Jack Lambert
06-23-2017, 07:47 AM
I suspect any one of the other nine could end up at Ole Miss next season.

msstatelp1
06-23-2017, 07:54 AM
Think I'd have put Sumlin at #2.

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2017, 08:20 AM
I kind of find it funny when people tie Freeze's job security to winning games.

Freeze's current situation has nothing to do with that. Although, it would be hilarious to see them win 5 game again and OM fans realize they've been protecting a crappy coach the entire time.

Ari Gold
06-23-2017, 08:21 AM

They aren't coming to Oxford with the sanctions that are bout to destroy that place for years.

Dawg50
06-23-2017, 09:08 AM
Think I'd have put Sumlin at #2.

Until the NCAA hands down the sanctions, how could he not be #1. Remember, he is responsible for all actions of subordinates/coaches. Does anyone really believe that his employees dealt with these boosters without some tacit authorization from their boss ?

Which situation do you think he falls in.

A. He knew what some coaches/boosters were doing and approved it.
B. He didn't want to know details, but enjoyed the recruiting results.
C. He knew nothing of what was going on and believed all these highly recruited stars chose/flipped to UM for love of the school.

Pollodawg
06-23-2017, 09:14 AM
I kind of find it funny when people tie Freeze's job security to winning games.

Freeze's current situation has nothing to do with that. Although, it would be hilarious to see them win 5 game again and OM fans realize they've been protecting a crappy coach the entire time.

This is what I don't get. You go all in to save an Urban Meyer, a Nick Saban, a Dabo Swinney. Not a Hugh Freeze. They disparage Mullen, yet his and HF's record are the exact same down to a single game given the time frame since Freeze has been there. Literally, everything Freeze has done (with the exception of wins over Bama) Mullen has done. I know they're a liberal arts school and math is hard, but try a little, guys. Go run the #s. That is the most oblivious fanbase on the planet.

RocketDawg
06-23-2017, 09:37 AM
This is what I don't get. You go all in to save an Urban Meyer, a Nick Saban, a Dabo Swinney. Not a Hugh Freeze. They disparage Mullen, yet his and HF's record are the exact same down to a single game given the time frame since Freeze has been there. Literally, everything Freeze has done (with the exception of wins over Bama) Mullen has done. I know they're a liberal arts school and math is hard, but try a little, guys. Go run the #s. That is the most oblivious fanbase on the planet.

Wait a minute ... their little promo ad says they have a fine engineering school and outstanding academics. You mean they don't?? **

Martianlander
06-23-2017, 09:57 AM
Until the NCAA hands down the sanctions, how could he not be #1. Remember, he is responsible for all actions of subordinates/coaches. Does anyone really believe that his employees dealt with these boosters without some tacit authorization from their boss ?

Which situation do you think he falls in.

A. He knew what some coaches/boosters were doing and approved it.
B. He didn't want to know details, but enjoyed the recruiting results.
C. He knew nothing of what was going on and believed all these highly recruited stars chose/flipped to UM for love of the school.

A-except I would say he knew what ALL coaches/boosters were doing and approved it.

FISHDAWG
06-23-2017, 10:21 AM

not after they start vacating wins

LC Dawg
06-23-2017, 11:31 AM
Saying Freeze is in trouble unless he wins is pretty stupid but I think SI just didn't want to put out another "hot seat" list so they tried to be creative with the title and failed.
Freeze being #1 on this list was brought up on H2H yesterday and Matt said he didn't see that coming.

Johnson85
06-23-2017, 11:58 AM

Yeah, I don't see that for anybody but maybe Marshall's head coach. And I only say that because he looks reasonably old, and he's presumably not going to land at a big program after getting bounced from Marshall, so going to a doomed situation and getting an SEC Payday (even if it's just $1M a year rather than typical SEC pay) probably wouldn't seem like a terrible gig.

Everybody else would presumably have better options to rehab their career.

Bothrops
06-23-2017, 12:37 PM
Does everyone expect him to be coaching this year?

Johnson85
06-23-2017, 01:08 PM
Does everyone expect him to be coaching this year?

Is there a chance the COI will meet and hand down a decision prior to the season? I was thinking that even after the COI meets, it might be a few months before a written decision is handed out.

Dolphus Raymond
06-23-2017, 01:15 PM
To answer Dog50's question, I guess it is "B". Freeze, in my opinion, knew what was going on and approved of it. However, my gut tells me that to ensure he could maintain at least some plausible deniability, Freeze distanced himself from the details. The FCA booster issue may shoot my theory full of holes, though.