PDA

View Full Version : A little birdie say....

lamont
06-22-2017, 07:15 AM
all this OM online bravado about taking down State with the NCAA is a big load of horseshit. The OM tactics are just making things worse for themselves. LL and Kobe are not backing off their statements made to the NCAA. Both have excellent representation and will be fine by the time this goes to trial in 2019 or 2020- if it ever does.

Apparently- we have to rue longer. Carry on.

Mimi's Babies
06-22-2017, 07:31 AM
And the rogue boosters are not sleeping at night.....

JDog13
06-22-2017, 07:33 AM
The ruese is up.

starkvegasdawg
06-22-2017, 08:07 AM
I'm getting to where I rather enjoy all this rueing.

Liverpooldawg
06-22-2017, 08:07 AM
And the rogue boosters are not sleeping at night.....

What rouge boosters? I don't think they have any of those. They do have boosters.

Jack Lambert
06-22-2017, 08:08 AM
It is hard to believe the all out PR damage control Ole Miss is doing. It is even harder to believe so many are willing to go along with it.

CadaverDawg
06-22-2017, 08:12 AM
I hope this drags out forever. Bc during all this rueing, their program is already basically under probation

Bubb Rubb
06-22-2017, 08:19 AM
I hope this drags out forever. Bc during all this rueing, their program is already basically under probation

Been saying this all along. While we are all looking forward to their public execution, any delay to the process just makes it more difficult on them. I hope it drags out beyond signing day. It's killing their program...both in recruiting and with the morale of kids already there.

Mimi's Babies
06-22-2017, 08:20 AM
What rouge boosters? I don't think they have any of those. They do have boosters.

There is one... who supplies the 'women of the night'..... Whether the name will be in the NOA or not is yet to be seen....

Rue Boosters.... there are many floating names... and I bet 90% of the ones I have collected are correct....

IF the COI is not until October then the final drafts of paper for sanctions and penalties should hit in January 2018, when the next scheduled NCAA meeting is scheduled for.

Tbonewannabe
06-22-2017, 08:23 AM

If they are in the Network are they still considered rouge?****

Liverpooldawg
06-22-2017, 08:25 AM
If they are in the Network are they still considered rouge?****

Very good question*******. Especially with the way I spelled it, lol.

Bothrops
06-22-2017, 08:26 AM
Social media is still the untreated cancer suffering Ole Miss.

JoseBrown
06-22-2017, 08:27 AM

Those would be the ones.

Political Hack
06-22-2017, 08:33 AM
Here's two new nuggets that I haven't heard until today... and they're suttle, but they're both pretty significant if true.

1) the 2nd/amended NOA was put together with the understanding that OM was likely going to try to litigate this case in court. Meaning: Everything the NCAA has in there is iron clad and they have no intentions of backing off!

2) RR's choice of lawyer could be viewed as confirmation that the OM brass has signed off on the lawsuit. The implication was that if Merkel took it, it's because Vitter & Bjork didn't object. That's very telling.

When I was in DC, we'd sometimes have a lawyer close to a situation file a complaint because politically we weren't in a position to intervene in a matter. We used a "back door" essentially. It's a smart tactic and gives you a fighting chance without getting muddy, but sometimes it's too obvious who's really behind those types of efforts.

Tbonewannabe
06-22-2017, 08:40 AM
Here's two new nuggets that I haven't heard until today... and they're suttle, but they're both pretty significant if true.

1) the 2nd/amended NOA was put together with the understanding that OM was likely going to try to litigate this case in court. Meaning: Everything the NCAA has in there is iron clad and they have no intentions of backing off!

2) RR's choice of lawyer could be viewed as confirmation that the OM brass has signed off on the lawsuit. The implication was that if Merkel took it, it's because Vitter & Bjork didn't object. That's very telling.

When I was in DC, we'd sometimes have a lawyer close to a situation file a complaint because politically we weren't in a position to intervene in a matter. We used a "back door" essentially. It's a smart tactic and gives you a fighting chance without getting muddy, but sometimes it's too obvious who's really behind those types of efforts.

Doesn't take much common sense to figure out UNM is trying to do whatever they can. Now with the Louisville penalties announced, if UNM has to return all the bowl revenue since 2013 then that is a huge financial hit for not only the athletic department but the university itself.

starkvegasdawg
06-22-2017, 08:41 AM

I hope no sane person ever doubted #2. Folks in that town don't dare fart without approval from the mother ship.

Reason2succeed
06-22-2017, 08:41 AM

Can you explain #2 a little further? What is the connection between Merkel and the OM administration?

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2017, 08:43 AM

#1 also explains why we didn't see draft night stuff or AJ Brown stuff in the amended NOA. It's not that the NCAA doesn't know it happened, it's because the 2nd NOA had to be iron clad tight, and maybe the NCAA just couldn't quite get there with those two situations. Doesn't really matter though. The NCAA has plenty.

Cooterpoot
06-22-2017, 08:45 AM
Desperate little bastards

Mimi's Babies
06-22-2017, 08:47 AM
#1 also explains why we didn't see draft night stuff or AJ Brown stuff in the amended NOA. It's not that the NCAA doesn't know it happened, it's because the 2nd NOA had to be iron clad tight, and maybe the NCAA just couldn't quite get there with those two situations. Doesn't really matter though. The NCAA has plenty.

One of those SA refused to corporate -- he lied and was caught lying to the NCAA.... dear ole dad lied also.....

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2017, 08:47 AM
One of those SA refused to corporate -- he lied and was caught lying to the NCAA.... dear ole dad lied also.....

So why isn't he suspended?

msstatelp1
06-22-2017, 08:48 AM

As compared to the Hamlin Hilton?

Tbonewannabe
06-22-2017, 08:49 AM

If it is true that the NCAA found more violations with the last signing class then it might be included in the next NOA. I don't know how hard it would be to determine if a recruit received a red Dodge Charger when it was being driven by him and was on social media. The NCAA can demand to see every financial record that would show how the family was able to pay for it. MSU knows that first hand from the Sidney ordeal.

Tbonewannabe
06-22-2017, 08:51 AM

Dez Bryant was suspended for a year for lying about something that wasn't even a NCAA penalty. If the NCAA caught someone lying then I doubt they would be eligible to play for at least a year.

Martianlander
06-22-2017, 10:16 AM

I agree. I believe they had to have a cutoff point somewhere. They have enough for another NOA if they need it.

1bigdawg
06-22-2017, 10:19 AM
Can you explain #2 a little further? What is the connection between Merkel and the OM administration?

He is a huge booster that has a athletic practice facility named after him at UNM.

gtowndawg
06-22-2017, 10:26 AM

Yep!

Saltydog
06-22-2017, 10:32 AM
It's a win/win situation for them.

Tbonewannabe
06-22-2017, 10:49 AM
It's a win/win situation for them.

Does this mean every player gets a bowl ring after every game? They already give them out no matter if they get their ass beat or not, example: Peach Bowl rings.

Mimi's Babies
06-22-2017, 10:50 AM
Dez Bryant was suspended for a year for lying about something that wasn't even a NCAA penalty. If the NCAA caught someone lying then I doubt they would be eligible to play for at least a year.

I understand that this player may not be eligible to play period.... At least that is what many would like to see....

Tbonewannabe... might want to send a little time on https://corp.sos.ms.gov/corp/portal/c/page/corpBusinessIdSearch/portal.aspx?#clear=1
enter the names of those in question and SEE what comes up.....

Mimi's Babies
06-22-2017, 10:55 AM

I posted a tweet the other day.... this SA said he was worried about the past...

I would like for someone to explain him not being suspended to me also....

starkvegasdawg
06-22-2017, 10:57 AM
I posted a tweet the other day.... this SA said he was worried about the past...

So he's starting to rue?

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-22-2017, 10:59 AM
I made a comment the other day that was buried in a long thread and didn't get much notice....but it had to do with "what else" does the NCAA know that they haven't brought out? My point being, most people don't believe the NCAA will give the death penalty on a "first offense". That they will have to be repeat offender status to play that card.

We know they have uncovered and have unwavering documentation for 21 allegations of CHEATING. How many more do they have that they couldn't quite put the final piece of evidence needed to make it iron clad? You know that the NCAA knows how dirty OM is. How they have a system in place to ignore the rules set forth by the NCAA and having a lack of institutional control. You just know that it has crossed the NCAA's minds that how can we shut this network of non compliance down.

My question is....what if...and do you think....that the NCAA has some other allegations with iron clad evidence to back them up stored in their pocket, to be brought out in say 2-3 years, to be used to play the repeat offender card and squash "the network"?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-22-2017, 11:01 AM
Steve = Birdie

Mimi's Babies
06-22-2017, 11:02 AM
I made a comment the other day that was buried in a long thread and didn't get much notice....but it had to do with "what else" does the NCAA know that they haven't brought out? My point being, most people don't believe the NCAA will give the death penalty on a "first offense". That they will have to be repeat offender status to play that card.

We know they have uncovered and have unwavering documentation for 21 allegations of CHEATING. How many more do they have that they couldn't quite put the final piece of evidence needed to make it iron clad? You know that the NCAA knows how dirty OM is. How they have a system in place to ignore the rules set forth by the NCAA and having a lack of institutional control. You just know that it has crossed the NCAA's minds that how can we shut this network of non compliance down.

My question is....what if...and do you think....that the NCAA has some other allegations with iron clad evidence to back them up stored in their pocket, to be brought out in say 2-3 years, to be used to play the repeat offender card and squash "the network"?

I know that they have OTHER concrete evidence against OM. Some reported by High Schools when a said current coach walked into a meeting with a PSA with a booster in tow.

Mimi's Babies
06-22-2017, 11:04 AM
So he's starting to rue?

You are CORRECT: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to starkvegasdawg34 again.

Mimi's Babies
06-22-2017, 11:06 AM
Does this mean every player gets a bowl ring after every game? They already give them out no matter if they get their ass beat or not, example: Peach Bowl rings.

Might want to know WHY a grown man, ie OM Booster(s) would want a high school championship rings?????

DogsofAnarchy
06-22-2017, 11:10 AM
There is one... who supplies the 'women of the night'..... Whether the name will be in the NOA or not is yet to be seen....

Rue Boosters.... there are many floating names... and I bet 90% of the ones I have collected are correct....

IF the COI is not until October then the final drafts of paper for sanctions and penalties should hit in January 2018, when the next scheduled NCAA meeting is scheduled for.

I think the OM penalties will be announced before the early signing period in december.

lamont
06-22-2017, 11:17 AM

Who says he isn't?

If the NCAA actually did find that someone lied- they will handle it.

ILOATHEBears
06-22-2017, 11:37 AM

That would mean they had to admit wrong. Plus it's not football season so we want hear definitely before the season starts or the coi meets and we know the names of other student athletes in the NOA

Bubb Rubb
06-22-2017, 11:47 AM
Who says he isn't?

The word about him lying to the NCAA was out before the egg bowl last year, and he played in that game, although he was a non-factor.

Really Clark?
06-22-2017, 11:48 AM
Tunsil was already in game suspension 2 I believe before the media was able to confirm the loaner car story and that he was out at least 2 more games at the time. It ended up being more but you won't hear a peep from UNM until they absolutely have to admit some one is suspended. Heck Hampton was suspended 2 games and not a flea fart was heard from them, their media mouthpieces, or CL.

Mimi's Babies
06-22-2017, 12:16 PM
Who says he isn't?

This SA played at OM last fall....

Pollodawg
06-22-2017, 12:19 PM
The word about him lying to the NCAA was out before the egg bowl last year, and he played in that game, although he was a non-factor.

Yeah........I don't think he means Leo.

lamont
06-22-2017, 12:42 PM
This SA played at OM last fall....

Then the NCAA did not corroborate his untruths

Political Hack
06-22-2017, 12:42 PM
As compared to the Hamlin Hilton?

Lol. Every self respecting State grad knows there's only one way to spell "suttle."

lamont
06-22-2017, 12:44 PM

The rumor is about the Starkville WR playing at OM

Bubb Rubb
06-22-2017, 12:52 PM
The rumor is about the Starkville WR playing at OM

That's exactly who I'm referring to. That rumor was out before the Egg Bowl. I remember watching with interest to see if he played or was held out.

msbulldog
06-22-2017, 01:01 PM

Yea, rings out of a cracker jack box lol.

BeardoMSU
06-22-2017, 01:01 PM
Lol. Every self respecting State grad knows there's only one way to spell "suttle."

Lord...I lived in that hell hole for 5 semesters, on the top floor mind you, which was really great when the elevator broke down (not an uncommon occurence).

BrunswickDawg
06-22-2017, 01:07 PM
That's exactly who I'm referring to. That rumor was out before the Egg Bowl. I remember watching with interest to see if he played or was held out.

And it is entirely possible that we wasn't suspended then, but could be now. The way OM works we won't know until 7:30 pm on September 2nd, when said SA's Dodge Charger doesn't start.

Mimi's Babies
06-22-2017, 01:10 PM
And it is entirely possible that we wasn't suspended then, but could be now. The way OM works we won't know until 7:30 pm on September 2nd, when said SA's Dodge Charger doesn't start.

Take a trip to the ole tweeter page on April 9, 2017.... where he cannot move forward because of the past.....

CadaverDawg
06-22-2017, 01:42 PM
Steve = Birdie

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xLd9DJq2l2VFtu/giphy.gif

Again

RocketDawg
06-22-2017, 02:01 PM

I lived there when it was new. Was quite nice at the time. Also lived in Hamlin.

Mobile Bay
06-22-2017, 02:01 PM
Lord...I lived in that hell hole for 5 semesters, on the top floor mind you, which was really great when the elevator broke down (not an uncommon occurence).

I came within moments of having to live there. Right as I was leaving my home to move into Suttle I got a call asking if I still wanted to switch to Dugger. Hell yes I did.

RocketDawg
06-22-2017, 02:07 PM
I came within moments of having to live there. Right as I was leaving my home to move into Suttle I got a call asking if I still wanted to switch to Dugger. Hell yes I did.

Why did it get so bad? I moved in when it was brand new, Suite 936. I'd been a while in Hamlin, also nice, but before that in McKee (terrible) and Critz (even more terrible). Suttle was like the Ritz Carlton, relatively speaking.

Turfdawg67
06-22-2017, 03:13 PM

Exactly... yet another example of a rumor on a chatroom board that suddenly becomes FACT. If said WR was secretly suspended for any substantial amount of time, he'd have jumped ship by now.

PCHSDawg
06-22-2017, 03:17 PM
I lived there when it was new. Was quite nice at the time. Also lived in Hamlin.
I lived in Hamlin 1989-90 and it was not quite a dump but it ws getting there.

Turfdawg67
06-22-2017, 03:21 PM
Maybe so, but on the bonus Boneyard today, Steve says exactly what RP says in his post...

Jack Lambert
06-22-2017, 03:24 PM

Hamlin was the UN when I was in school. You could smell the spices radiating out of it all way down to the book store.

Dawgpile
06-22-2017, 03:31 PM
Hamlin was the UN when I was in school.

Watering cans in the bathroom... I called it the "UN" as well. Felt sorry for my buddy who spent a semester there.

Mobile Bay
06-22-2017, 03:33 PM
Why did it get so bad? I moved in when it was brand new, Suite 936. I'd been a while in Hamlin, also nice, but before that in McKee (terrible) and Critz (even more terrible). Suttle was like the Ritz Carlton, relatively speaking.

Because it was inhabited by teenage and early twenties boys.

Mobile Bay
06-22-2017, 03:36 PM
I lived in Hamlin 1989-90 and it was not quite a dump but it ws getting there.

By 1996 or 1997 it was in such bad shape a bat could fly through a crack in the outside walls. A friend of mine was visiting a girl there and that happened. Then the bat bit him. So he killed the bat and left it on the steps of the tri delta house. The next day, he had to go back and ask for his bat back to avoid more rabies shots.

Fun times.

BeardoMSU
06-22-2017, 04:07 PM
Why did it get so bad?

It was falling apart. The bathrooms were rusted out. The elevator frequently broke. The A/C didn't get very cold and frequently broke. And during the winter, if you turned the heat on, it would literally burn you out; we just left it off in our suite, and used space heaters instead (definitely a no-no for dorms).

All that being said, I actually didn't mind living there. I lived on the top floor, and my RA, who I went to HS with, made sure we didn't have any suite-mates, so we had plenty of room and never had to wait for the shower. Also, we left the two empy suites unlocked, so when friends visited, they had a place to sleep. Pretty convenient.

Drugs Delaney
06-22-2017, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE=Random Poster;766508]all this OM online bravado about taking down State with the NCAA is a big load of horseshit. The OM tactics are just making things worse for themselves. LL and Kobe are not backing off their statements made to the NCAA. Both have excellent representation and will be fine by the time this goes to trial in 2019 or 2020- if it ever does.
Jackie filed in '03

RocketDawg
06-22-2017, 04:42 PM
It was falling apart. The bathrooms were rusted out. The elevator frequently broke. The A/C didn't get very cold and frequently broke. And during the winter, if you turned the heat on, it would literally burn you out; we just left it off in our suite, and used space heaters instead (definitely a no-no for dorms).

All that being said, I actually didn't mind living there. I lived on the top floor, and my RA, who I went to HS with, made sure we didn't have any suite-mates, so we had plenty of room and never had to wait for the shower. Also, we left the two empy suites unlocked, so when friends visited, they had a place to sleep. Pretty convenient.

Things changed a lot from when I was there. As I said, it was new when we moved in and in the same shape when we moved out. There were 8 of us in the suite and we never had a problem. The main complaint was the toilet paper they supplied ... it was in little 3 or 4 inch squares and was a lot like waxed paper .... The school was a lot different back then though.

notsofarawaydawg
06-22-2017, 04:59 PM
My freshman year I was in Hightower. Moved to Hamlin the first 5-week Summer term and was living in the suite with two guys who were the herb dealers for the football and basketball teams. Always smelled stinky. Me and the roommate moved back to Hightower for the second 5-week term to help out the dorm supervisor who was taking a vacation trip the rest of the summer. Was neat to have it all by ourselves and the keys to the video games and pool table. Moved to Suttle and lived there a year on the 7th floor and then to Evans where I lived the rest of my college career.