PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Jambalaya and redacted names

notsofarawaydawg
06-21-2017, 11:28 PM
At least one news source in Jackson is giving the TSUN dumpster fire some publicity.

Click here (http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2017/06/ole-miss-would-love-to-provide-names-of.html)

Chip
06-21-2017, 11:39 PM
He is going to rue the day...

Chip
06-21-2017, 11:40 PM
A lot of rueing

PassInterference
06-22-2017, 12:08 AM
OM is bullshitting JJ. And time is running out.

Mimi's Babies
06-22-2017, 07:54 AM
Well, well, well.... the well is running dry..... OM uses FERPA for not turning over the names.... haha

The above-referenced documents contain limited redactions in order to comply with applicable privacy laws. For instance, records that are confidential or privileged under federal law are exempt from disclosure. see Miss. Code Ann. ? 25-61-11. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (“FERPA”) governs the release of student records by educational institutions. FERPA prohibits the release of a student’s education records to third parties. Educational records are documents that “contain information directly related to a student” and are “maintained by an educational agency or institution” or a person acting for the institution. 20 U.S.C. 1232g(a)(4)(A)(i) and (ii). Accordingly, the names and personally identifiable information of student-athletes have been redacted from the above-referenced documents.

SOMEONE must have been reading EliteDawgs...... #HAILSTATE....... We are MUCH smarter than the average black bear...... BUT they messed up.... They left the tweeter name on one page and a picture of an student ath..... (SA) they are screwed....

notsofarawaydawg
06-22-2017, 10:29 AM
Damn, that list of lies in the comments keeps growing every day. Great job by whomever made that comment post.

Spiderman
06-22-2017, 11:20 AM
Well, well, well.... the well is running dry..... OM uses FERPA for not turning over the names.... haha

The above-referenced documents contain limited redactions in order to comply with applicable privacy laws. For instance, records that are confidential or privileged under federal law are exempt from disclosure. see Miss. Code Ann. ? 25-61-11. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (“FERPA”) governs the release of student records by educational institutions. FERPA prohibits the release of a student’s education records to third parties. Educational records are documents that “contain information directly related to a student” and are “maintained by an educational agency or institution” or a person acting for the institution. 20 U.S.C. 1232g(a)(4)(A)(i) and (ii). Accordingly, the names and personally identifiable information of student-athletes have been redacted from the above-referenced documents.

SOMEONE must have been reading EliteDawgs...... #HAILSTATE....... We are MUCH smarter than the average black bear...... BUT they messed up.... They left the tweeter name on one page and a picture of an student ath..... (SA) they are screwed....

I'm no lawyer, but by that use of FERPA as their excuse, LL and KJ should file suit today against OM, OM Athletic Department, The OM Spirit and Chuck and Yancy personally.

LockeDawg
06-22-2017, 12:27 PM
I'm no lawyer, but by that use of FERPA as their excuse, LL and KJ should file suit today against OM, OM Athletic Department, The OM Spirit and Chuck and Yancy personally.

ABSOLUTELY!

Honestly, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we see that exact thing happen. As a parent, I'd jump on this with both feet and I wouldnt pay a dime of my personal money for a lawyer either. Make the NCAA or MSU pick up the legal fee's, they are there to protect the Student-Athlete.

mparkerfd20
06-22-2017, 12:32 PM
Good Lord I lost 10 IQ points just reading those comments. Ole Miss has some flat out morons for fans.