PDA

View Full Version : Coaching changes

msstate7
09-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Most likely texas and USC will fire their coaches. Richt, ferentz, and edsall could be canned also. So who you think fills some of these jobs?

I seen it dawg
09-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Mullen

msstate7
09-15-2013, 10:58 AM
I think freeze gets some major interest from someone. OM is gonna have to pony up the money for Bucky. After saban turns down texas, I think freeze may get a call. I can't stand the guy, but his stock is through the roof right now.

DownwardDawg
09-15-2013, 11:01 AM
I think freeze gets some major interest from someone. OM is gonna have to pony up the money for Bucky. After saban turns down texas, I think freeze may get a call. I can't stand the guy, but his stock is through the roof right now.

The problem we have though is that Bucky ain't leavin ole miss. If they pay him decent money he will stay. They don't have to come close to matching anybody else.

Bothrops
09-15-2013, 11:02 AM
I doubt Richt gets canned because they should win the East and rematch Bama. I think Petrino is one and done at W. Kentucky. Maybe Fitzgerald could work at USC. ??

msstate7
09-15-2013, 11:03 AM
I doubt Richt gets canned because they should win the East and rematch Bama. I think Petrino is one and done at W. Kentucky. Maybe Fitzgerald could work at USC. ??

I think Georgia wins east too. If they fail to do it, richt will likely be fired though

msstate7
09-15-2013, 11:05 AM
The problem we have though is that Bucky ain't leavin ole miss. If they pay him decent money he will stay. They don't have to come close to matching anybody else.

In the end, I don't think texas would offer freeze the job. If they did though, freeze would be saving souls in texas. There's no way freeze turns down arguably the best and most prestigious job in the country.

Bothrops
09-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Texas will definitely have the most intriguing hire. For some reason, I can't picture a lot of good coaches taking that job.

sbcmortgageman
09-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Most likely texas and USC will fire their coaches. Richt, ferentz, and edsall could be canned also. So who you think fills some of these jobs?

Freeze a hella good interview last night.

Relf2.0
09-15-2013, 11:15 AM
do we go after Morris the oc from clemson?

Raytoraid83
09-15-2013, 03:57 PM
I don't know what scares me more, Dan Mullen coming back next year or who Stricklin hires if he's fired/forced out.

msstate7
09-15-2013, 04:09 PM
I don't know what scares me more, Dan Mullen coming back next year or who Stricklin hires if he's fired/forced out.
Mack brown

Quaoarsking
09-15-2013, 04:18 PM
Texas will probably take a hard look at Art Briles. USC will probably hire a random NFL guy.

Political Hack
09-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Freeze to USC.

msstate7
09-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Texas will probably take a hard look at Art Briles. USC will probably hire a random NFL guy.

I think texas goes after saban, Dabo swinney, Charlie strong, and maybe freeze if OM finishes strong

msstate7
09-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Freeze to USC.

Could you imagine freeze telling west coast parents that he fears for their kid's soul if he doesn't come to USc? Freeze not a fit at USC. I do think he will get interest from texas and maybe Georgia if richt gets fired.

Coach34
09-15-2013, 04:44 PM
I think Georgia wins east too. If they fail to do it, richt will likely be fired though

Uhhhh what? Richt will not be fired after this season

Coach34
09-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Zero chance Saban leaves Bama also

CadaverDawg
09-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Zero chance Saban leaves Bama also

Wrong. Not likely, but to say 0% is silly

msstate7
09-15-2013, 04:50 PM
Uhhhh what? Richt will not be fired after this season

Georgia still has lsu, Florida, and auburn. Richt can't lose any of those. Richt has to be in Atlanta to be safe IMO

missouridawg
09-15-2013, 04:53 PM
I could see a guy like David Shaw getting a chance at Texas. Whether he would take it or not is a completely different story... However, the allure of the most profitable athletic department in the most prolific recruiting base in the country would be hard to turn down... couple that with the fact that the Big12 is pretty easy to win and you have a very attractive job.

msstate7
09-15-2013, 05:02 PM
I could see a guy like David Shaw getting a chance at Texas. Whether he would take it or not is a completely different story... However, the allure of the most profitable athletic department in the most prolific recruiting base in the country would be hard to turn down... couple that with the fact that the Big12 is pretty easy to win and you have a very attractive job.

I think David shaw would be perfect. Teams with unlimited resources and the great recruiting bases should build their team on defense and running the football. Bama, Florida, and lsu won multiple championships following this model. I think aTm should do this also, but sumlin won't.

Coach34
09-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Georgia still has lsu, Florida, and auburn. Richt can't lose any of those. Richt has to be in Atlanta to be safe IMO

Bullshit. He's won the East the last 2 years. Just because a few idiots want him gone doesn't mean they will fire him. He'd have to 6-6 for them to consider it. Nobody is firing a 9-10 win coach

Hell, LSU fans have been calling for Miles head since 2008- and he keeps on trucking too.

Coach34
09-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Wrong. Not likely, but to say 0% is silly

0% chance he leaves for a college job. 60 yr old men don't take steps down- he has the best job in America

msstate7
09-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Bullshit. He's won the East the last 2 years. Just because a few idiots want him gone doesn't mean they will fire him. He'd have to 6-6 for them to consider it. Nobody is firing a 9-10 win coach

Hell, LSU fans have been calling for Miles head since 2008- and he keeps on trucking too.

Miles has a championship. Richt doesn't. I like richt, but he's underachieving. There's no excuse to not have won a title there IMO

99jc
09-15-2013, 05:06 PM
Tenn USC and Texas will be hiring and Petrino will be # 1 on the list. I could see freeze being offered Texas for sure

Quaoarsking
09-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Of course Richt should be safe. It wouldn't be a complete shock if he went 8-4 and got fired though. There have been rumblings for years.

msstate7
09-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Tenn USC and Texas will be hiring and Petrino will be # 1 on the list. I could see freeze being offered Texas for sure

If freeze is offered texas, he'll leave. He may love OM, but not that much.

CadaverDawg
09-15-2013, 05:09 PM
0% chance he leaves for a college job. 60 yr old men don't take steps down- he has the best job in America

You're wrong coach, and you know that there is at least a slight possibility.

50 million over 5 years and a very good chance at winning a National Championship at a 3rd school and being known as the best ever....is enough to make this more than a 0% chance. Sorry

msstate7
09-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Of course Richt should be safe. It wouldn't be a complete shock if he went 8-4 and got fired though. There have been rumblings for years.
8-4 at Georgia with their talent is a more than a reason to be fired.

msstate7
09-15-2013, 05:12 PM

Petrino could win a title at Georgia IMO. There's no way he gets that job though

Nucky Thompson
09-15-2013, 05:12 PM

You think Tenn fires their coach after one year??

Coach34
09-15-2013, 05:17 PM
You're wrong coach, and you know that there is at least a slight possibility.

50 million over 5 years and a very good chance at winning a National Championship at a 3rd school and being known as the best ever....is enough to make this more than a 0% chance. Sorry

Bama will match Texas dollar for dollar

0% chance

Coach34
09-15-2013, 05:19 PM
Richt played for the NC last year and came up just short. He's not going to be fired

CadaverDawg
09-15-2013, 05:19 PM

0% chance

Bama CAN'T match them dollar for dollar! Haha, you're wrong on this. Bama DOES NOT have Texas money...PERIOD. And for you to think that they could surprises me

msstate7
09-15-2013, 05:20 PM

0% chance

I don't think the money will be the deciding factor. It'll boil down to whether he wants to be first to get 3 at 3 different schools or go for total titles at bama. I think he stays

Internet Cowboy
09-15-2013, 05:52 PM

I hearing longhorns saying after the call to Saban's agent, then Shaw/Gruden are the next two.

and here is one that I cannot totally believe but gets brought up in TX..... Sumlin to USC. This may be longhorn wishful thinking, but has been brought up a few times. Just a rumor but a fun one.

DownwardDawg
09-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Bama ain't the best job in the country. Texas is a much better job than Bama and it's much easier to win at. Saban would be winning NC's every year at Texas, and his route to the NC game would be very easy for him. I'd say it's closer to 50/50 than 0%.
Hell, Saban at Notre Dame would be in the NC game every year also with NO competition along the way.

msstate7
09-15-2013, 06:21 PM
Bama ain't the best job in the country. Texas is a much better job than Bama and it's much easier to win at. Saban would be winning NC's every year at Texas, and his route to the NC game would be very easy for him. I'd say it's closer to 50/50 than 0%.
Hell, Saban at Notre Dame would be in the NC game every year also with NO competition along the way.

Got me thinking...what is the best job? Florida, Georgia, Ohio state, Michigan, texas, aTm, lsu, bama, nd, USC, and Oregon have to be the pinnacle

Coach34
09-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Name the school that has won the most NC's the last 40 years?

Bama- and 2nd place ain't close. Texas has what- 1?

Bama can match anything Texas can to pay a coach- nobody is going to pay more than 10MM- and Bama would match that no doubt

CadaverDawg
09-15-2013, 06:31 PM

Bama can match anything Texas can to pay a coach- nobody is going to pay more than 10MM- and Bama would match that no doubt

Negative. They cannot match Texas money Coach. If you want to put a 10 Mil cap on it then MAYBE they could, but I doubt it even at that. Texas could EASILY outbid Bama if it came down to a price war...which it won't. I'm not saying Saban would leave, Im just saying you are wrong to say there is a 0% chance. And I stand by that

msstate7
09-15-2013, 06:32 PM

Well if anyone would pay more than 10, it would be texas. aTm joined sec and is gonna leave ut in the dust soon if ut doesn't do something quickly. Texas is in panic mode and they'll probably spend too much on whoever they get

bocfarm
09-15-2013, 06:37 PM
0% chance Saban goes to Texas.... The big 12 is the 4th best conf in the country and getting weaker by the yr. that is huge for Saban, he has the best coaching job in the best conf in the country and its not even close.

Richt being fired is a joke and they will rape aub and fl

msstate7
09-15-2013, 06:40 PM
0% chance Saban goes to Texas.... The big 12 is the 4th best conf in the country and getting weaker by the yr. that is huge for Saban, he has the best coaching job in the best conf in the country and its not even close.

Do you think richt has won at the level he should?

CadaverDawg
09-15-2013, 06:40 PM

Wrong. But if you guys can't look deeper than "this is the mighty SEC and this is Bama we're talking bout!!1!1"....I can't help you. Just agree to disagree I guess.

msstate7
09-15-2013, 06:45 PM
Wrong. But if you guys can't look deeper than "this is the mighty SEC and this is Bama we're talking bout!!1!1"....I can't help you. Just agree to disagree I guess.

If saban goes to texas and urban at Osu, there wouldn't be any multiple year streaks of titles for the sec

CadaverDawg
09-15-2013, 06:47 PM
If saban goes to texas and urban at Osu, there wouldn't be any multiple year streaks of titles for the sec

Bingo. And you never know if Saban may want to be the one to break his own SEC streak. There's always multiple factors that go into the equation with coaches like him. I still don't expect him to leave, but there is a chance

DownwardDawg
09-15-2013, 07:19 PM

He will win NC at either, so you can't base the "best job" on how many NC's each team has won over 40 years. How about Austin vs Tuscalousa?? How about not being surrounded by the gumps and all their trailer parks? If the money was equal, I wouldn't have to think twice about it and I actually cheer for Bama in most of their games.

SPMT
09-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Think logical guys.
Saban has 4 champs he wants 7 and he wants it as fast as possible. Why would he leave a school where he has the process setup and rolling year after year to having to rebuild and get that going again. It would take him 2-3 years to get the talent and change the mindset.

msstate7
09-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Think logical guys.
Saban has 4 champs he wants 7 and he wants it as fast as possible. Why would he leave a school where he has the process setup and rolling year after year to having to rebuild and get that going again. It would take him 2-3 years to get the talent and change the mindset.

No aTm, lsu, Georgia, Florida, USCe...

Coach34
09-15-2013, 08:40 PM

My question to you is how is Bama not the best job in the country?

They have the most NC's the last 40 years- outwinning Texas 6 or 7 to 1
They have tons of money also- they pack their stadium of 90K every home game.
They have 80K at a damn Spring Game
They have 15K-20K fans show up for fan day each year.

Bama has had 3 different coaches win NC's in recent memory- Texas cant say that. Only The U can match that

I dont see how you can say any program is better than Bama at this point.

Coach34
09-15-2013, 08:40 PM
No aTm, lsu, Georgia, Florida, USCe...

doesnt seem to be bothering right now as he is about to win his 4th in 5 years

TrueMaroon
09-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Anyone here that thinks that money would motivate Nick Saban is clueless. Saban will probably surpass $75 million dollars in his lifetime earnings.

Do you honestly think there's a difference between having made $75 million and $65 million?

He has one desire- winning the most championships in college football and he wont stop til he does.

msstate7
09-15-2013, 08:49 PM

Bama has had 3 different coaches win NC's in recent memory- Texas cant say that. Only The U can match that

Oh I don't think texas is a better program than Alabama. I just think the potential is there to be greater. Alabama is a small state and doesn't have the talent of texas. Texas has their own network. Texas and aTm are potential juggernauts. If they ever get coaches that build teams that are defensive minded and run the ball, there will be national titles galore in the state of texas.

** I think sumlin is a good coach, but he's building his team wrong IMO. Teams that have a talent deficit need to run gadget type offenses. aTm needs to be a defensive team

DownwardDawg
09-15-2013, 08:50 PM

Bama is by far the best program. Texas is a better job. Two totally different things.

DownwardDawg
09-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Oh I don't think texas is a better program than Alabama. I just think the potential is there to be greater. Alabama is a small state and doesn't have the talent of texas. Texas has their own network. Texas and aTm are potential juggernauts. If they ever get coaches that build teams that are defensive minded and run the ball, there will be national titles galore in the state of texas.

** I think sumlin is a good coach, but he's building his team wrong IMO. Teams that have a talent deficit need to run gadget type offenses. aTm needs to be a defensive team

I completely agree with this post. aTm needs to be a smash mouth football program that plays SEC defense. they'll have to wait until JFF leaves though. Texas is the same way. Build it just like Saban built Bama.

Coach34
09-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Bama is by far the best program. Texas is a better job. Two totally different things.

I disagree- if you are coaching the best program- you have the best job

Political Hack
09-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Saban would have his own network at Texas, more money, a chance to win a national championship outside the SEC West, get to live in Austin, complete control of the Big 12, and since Jackie retired his mascots balls would be safe.

I doubt it happens, but I wouldn't say "never." I think Texas will come at him hard and try to make him the highest paid coach in the history of mankind.

DownwardDawg
09-15-2013, 08:59 PM
I disagree- if you are coaching the best program- you have the best job

OK. Agree to disagree.

DownwardDawg
09-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Saban would have his own network at Texas, more money, a chance to win a national championship outside the SEC West, get to live in Austin, complete control of the Big 12, and since Jackie retired his mascots balls would be safe.
I doubt it happens, but I wouldn't say "never." I think Texas will come at him hard and try to make him the highest paid coach in the history of mankind.

I lol'd.

CadaverDawg
09-15-2013, 09:34 PM

Who the hell said Texas was a better job?? Nice try at spinning away from the real topic though. Hack nailed it and it's not all about money or which program could make it happen quicker. And besides, we're not talking about him leaving...we're talking about you saying there is 0% chance of it happening...and the fact that ere is so much differing of opinions helps prove that I'm right. There is at least some things to think about, so it is not a 0% chance

C222
09-16-2013, 09:07 AM
Things in this thread that won't happen:

Richt being fired after this year (so ridiculous)
Saban to Texas
Sumlin to USC
Tenn looking for a coach after this year (uhhh what?)

msstate7
09-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Things in this thread that won't happen:

Richt being fired after this year (so ridiculous)
Saban to Texas
Sumlin to USC
Tenn looking for a coach after this year (uhhh what?)

If richt doesn't make it to Atlanta, he should be fired. Richt has underachieved