PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-21-2017, 04:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mlhnt0jMlg.

BulldogBear
07-02-2017, 05:31 AM
For a second I thought you'd found out Winds of Winter has an official release date.

How silly of me. Podrick, for instance, has been at the end of a rope for 12 years now. GRRM sux.

Tbonewannabe
07-06-2017, 02:50 PM
For a second I thought you'd found out Winds of Winter has an official release date.

How silly of me. Podrick, for instance, has been at the end of a rope for 12 years now. GRRM sux.

I think he has dicked around so long that he isn't interested in finishing it now since the show is stealing his thunder. I saw where he said that he had an idea with a character that wasn't on the show so they couldn't do it on TV.

Political Hack
07-06-2017, 03:50 PM
I need to rewatch the last season. I've completely blanked on what happened. Other than the hot lady with pet dragons killing that fleet of ships I can't really remember the other highlights.

Y'all seen any clips or videos that'll give a short highlight of last season?

msstatelp1
07-06-2017, 06:23 PM
I need to rewatch the last season. I've completely blanked on what happened. Other than the hot lady with pet dragons killing that fleet of ships I can't really remember the other highlights.

I'm pretty sure they'll recap it in the first episode. Think they've done that with each season

WSOPdawg
07-08-2017, 12:33 PM
FYI, for those of us that don't have HBO, Xfinity is going to let us binge-watch season's 1-6 beginning Monday thru the week (7/10 - 7/16).

Dallas_Dawg
07-15-2017, 03:54 PM

I had to rewatch the entire series this summer and am glad I did.
-Jon Snow just became King of the North after defeating Ramsay. Not sure what's going to happen with Littlefinger, Sansa and Snow. That Littlefinger is a slime ball, two faced scum bag. See Freeze, Hugh. Can't trust them.
-Khaleesi made a deal with the Greyjoys for ships and her Unsullied/Dothraki armies, 3 dragons (supposed to be as big as 747s this season), Tyrion, and the Greyjoys are sailing for Westeros to F shit up.
-Cersei just torched the Sept or whatever it's called and all of her opposition in KL. She was anointed Queen of the Seven. Interested to see if Jamie will slay another Mad ruler.
-Arya is on her way to completing her list. Her training with the Faceless men is over, and she's en route to killing everyone on her list. Cersei, the brain dead Mountain, and Red Woman are among those left. She slit Walder Frey's throat after feeding him his family in a pie. Wonder what 17ed up shit she will do to the rest.
-Sam Tarly and Fam just got to the Citadel where Sam is to study to become a Maestor for the Night's Watch. No women or kids allowed and Sam stole his father's Valyrian steel sword before leaving in the middle of the night. I don't see Sam Tarly surviving Winter, either from the night army or his father coming back into the picture.
- Winter is COMING and all that comes with it.

Ready for Sunday.

War Machine Dawg
07-17-2017, 06:50 PM
We're off to a SKRONG start with season 7. Arya is arguably the most dangerous person in Westeros. And The Hound is still hilarious.

Tbonewannabe
07-18-2017, 08:42 AM
Arya scene was badass.

Cerci, Jamie, and Euron was funny how he kept verbally jabbing Jamie. It has been awhile but I can't remember if Euron on the show has the horn that is supposed to control dragons. I figure he is either going to try to get Cersi a dragon or Tyrion.

Jon and Sansa scene was ok but kind of sets up Sansa & Jon butting heads. It will be interesting to see how that relationship plays out especially if Arya comes back.

Sam now is getting into the restricted books so hopefully he finds a cure for Jorah's greyscale and Jon's lineage. He already knows where to get Dragon glass.

Looks like the Brothers without Banners are going to the wall to fight the Others. The Hound is having a slight redemption arc with burying the farmer he stabbed.

It is interesting that Jamie and the Hound are seeming to become better people but Cersi and sand snake women are more evil.

There wasn't a lot of action after Arya's Frey party. I get showing set up but with only 7 episodes, it felt like we burned a lot of time doing nothing. Especially since next year is the last season and it is shortened also. After all 6 seasons of buildup, it seems like the ending is going to be rushed.

rolodawg
07-18-2017, 12:40 PM
What the heck? Ed Sheeran, singing.........Arya going to needle him?

Political Hack
07-18-2017, 12:42 PM
I think he's going to bring her the head of a dragon or a live dragon maybe. The "priceless gift" could also be the horn itself.

Tbonewannabe
07-19-2017, 08:53 AM
I think he's going to bring her the head of a dragon or a live dragon maybe. The "priceless gift" could also be the horn itself.

I am thinking it is the horn and she maybe goes to the Wall because Jon talks Dany into going to the wall to see the White Walkers. Cersi being the cunning yet dumb bitch that she is blows the horn and brings down the wall. People then unite to fight them because enemy of my enemy.

Completely random theory coming out of my head. I haven't seen anything that would suggest any of that is true.

msstatelp1
07-19-2017, 10:00 AM
I am thinking it is the horn and she maybe goes to the Wall because Jon talks Dany into going to the wall to see the White Walkers. Cersi being the cunning yet dumb bitch that she is blows the horn and brings down the wall. People then unite to fight them because enemy of my enemy.

Completely random theory coming out of my head. I haven't seen anything that would suggest any of that is true.

I think the horn in this case is one that controls dragons not the one that supposed to bring the wall down.

Tbonewannabe
07-19-2017, 10:39 AM
I think the horn in this case is one that controls dragons not the one that supposed to bring the wall down.

So maybe she controls a dragon and burns a hole in the wall. Maybe it is one horn. That is the fun with those prophecies. GRRM likes to twist them around so they don't work like you think. Maybe the only thing that can bring down the wall is dragon fire so with the horn you can control the dragon to burn down the wall. Just throwing out theories now. I really wonder if they end this season with the Others getting around or through the wall so the final season is only a war with the Others. Everyone uniting to fight them.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-19-2017, 12:36 PM
Arya scene was badass.

Cerci, Jamie, and Euron was funny how he kept verbally jabbing Jamie. It has been awhile but I can't remember if Euron on the show has the horn that is supposed to control dragons. I figure he is either going to try to get Cersi a dragon or Tyrion.

Jon and Sansa scene was ok but kind of sets up Sansa & Jon butting heads. It will be interesting to see how that relationship plays out especially if Arya comes back.

Sam now is getting into the restricted books so hopefully he finds a cure for Jorah's greyscale and Jon's lineage. He already knows where to get Dragon glass.

Looks like the Brothers without Banners are going to the wall to fight the Others. The Hound is having a slight redemption arc with burying the farmer he stabbed.

It is interesting that Jamie and the Hound are seeming to become better people but Cersi and sand snake women are more evil.

There wasn't a lot of action after Arya's Frey party. I get showing set up but with only 7 episodes, it felt like we burned a lot of time doing nothing. Especially since next year is the last season and it is shortened also. After all 6 seasons of buildup, it seems like the ending is going to be rushed.

I was kind of under the impression Jon and Sansa have pretty much hated each othe their whole lives and it seemed Sansa could have cared less if he was killed retaking Winterfell.

Tbonewannabe
07-19-2017, 03:31 PM
I was kind of under the impression Jon and Sansa have pretty much hated each othe their whole lives and it seemed Sansa could have cared less if he was killed retaking Winterfell.

I think she grew up and realized actual good people are harder to find and Jon is a good person. I think she half way cares but she does seem more interested in getting Winterfell for herself. I don't think everyone fully believes the Others are coming .

Tbonewannabe
07-24-2017, 08:24 AM
So Sansa is now in charge of Winterfell. I am guessing Arya chose to go back to Winterfell also. Other than the sea battle where Dany's navy was wiped out, not much happened. Although 2 Sand snakes were killed so it wasn't all bad. At least next week Jon finally meets Dany. It really feels like we are limping toward the finish line. Only 5 episodes left in the season and 6 more episodes in season 8. I think we will have the Others showing up at the end and next season is just battling with the Others and then an episode or 2 of deciding who sits on the Iron Throne afterwards.

biscuit
07-30-2017, 09:09 PM
Wow! Good episode

msstatelp1
07-30-2017, 09:12 PM
yeah, much better than last week. That was the perfect ending for the Sand Snakes.

IMissJack
07-30-2017, 09:26 PM
Lannisters don't play.

TrapGame
07-30-2017, 09:27 PM
Best episode of the season so far.

Tbonewannabe
07-30-2017, 10:34 PM
Great episode with a lot happening. Maybe Arya shows up right before Jon in Winterfell.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-30-2017, 11:06 PM
Dany getting schooled fighting an actual army instead of slave owners.

Tbonewannabe
07-31-2017, 07:04 AM
Not very often that Tyrion is a step behind. I loved it when Dany called him out on quoting what he said as being a famous quote. I think the rest of the episodes are going to be closer to that rather than slow building. Too much has to happen with not a lot of shows left.

War Machine Dawg
08-02-2017, 04:10 PM
Damn good episode. Shocked to see Jaime a step ahead of Tyrion. The Unsullied are screwed and a huge piece of Dany's war machine is now de facto incapacitated. Loved how the Queen of Thorns slid the proverbial knife into Jaime as she died. One of the best deaths on the show by far to date with that whole exchange.

Sansa knows Littlefinger is full of shit and only wants what benefits himself but still can't stop herself from listening to him. Bran's return was a bit anticlimactic, honestly. All he wound off doing was sending Sansa into meltdown and being unable to tell John what he knows. His story arc just bores me.

Sam got a big win healing Jorah. Hopefully he'll gain the Archmaester's trust soon and be able to gain more knowledge that helps against the White Walkers.

The Dany-Jon-Tyrion-Davos interaction is awesome. Really love having all of them to

Tbonewannabe
08-03-2017, 08:58 AM
Damn good episode. Shocked to see Jaime a step ahead of Tyrion. The Unsullied are screwed and a huge piece of Dany's war machine is now de facto incapacitated. Loved how the Queen of Thorns slid the proverbial knife into Jaime as she died. One of the best deaths on the show by far to date with that whole exchange.

Sansa knows Littlefinger is full of shit and only wants what benefits himself but still can't stop herself from listening to him. Bran's return was a bit anticlimactic, honestly. All he wound off doing was sending Sansa into meltdown and being unable to tell John what he knows. His story arc just bores me.

Sam got a big win healing Jorah. Hopefully he'll gain the Archmaester's trust soon and be able to gain more knowledge that helps against the White Walkers.

The Dany-Jon-Tyrion-Davos interaction is awesome. Really love having all of them to

I was actually wondering if maybe one of the scrolls he is supposed to be copying might have something to do with the Long Night and the Others. I was hoping that Sam would tell Jorah about the Others and how the Dragon Glass would kill them. It would be a reenforcement of what Jon is saying but from someone Dany trusts.

War Machine Dawg
08-03-2017, 03:36 PM
I was actually wondering if maybe one of the scrolls he is supposed to be copying might have something to do with the Long Night and the Others. I was hoping that Sam would tell Jorah about the Others and how the Dragon Glass would kill them. It would be a reenforcement of what Jon is saying but from someone Dany trusts.

I wondered that as well. It would certainly fit with how the story has unfolded thus far for an important task to be disguised and dismissed as just another mundane task. Excellent idea about Sam using Jorah as a bit of a stalking horse. Unfortunately, he has no idea that Jon is with Dany. And who knows, maybe a conversation along those lines happened off screen, although I'd be more likely to say it didn't. Still, hell of an idea. Maybe you should be writing scripts!

Dallas_Dawg
08-03-2017, 09:12 PM
I wondered that as well. It would certainly fit with how the story has unfolded thus far for an important task to be disguised and dismissed as just another mundane task. Excellent idea about Sam using Jorah as a bit of a stalking horse. Unfortunately, he has no idea that Jon is with Dany. And who knows, maybe a conversation along those lines happened off screen, although I'd be more likely to say it didn't. Still, hell of an idea. Maybe you should be writing scripts!
I don't think Jorah has left yet officially. Y'all called it though

Tbonewannabe
08-04-2017, 09:10 AM
I don't think Jorah has left yet officially. Y'all call it though

It looked kind of final when Sam shook his hand. It also can come up when Jorah gets back and maybe Jon is in the room when he says Sam Tarley cured him. I love the show but I am kind of tired of the political moves. I am ready for some dragons and Others to fight.

BeardoMSU
08-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Holy shit....that episode was in tents.

Offshore Dawg
08-07-2017, 07:43 AM
You will not loose a battle when you have the only "Dragon Air force" dropping Napalm. That was one bad ass episode.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-07-2017, 08:04 AM
You will not loose a battle when you have the only "Dragon Air force" dropping Napalm. That was one bad ass episode.

Whenever Jon finds out Bran is the three eyed raven and can take over the dragons, Dany 17ed. I didn't read the books and don't know if Dany is really that hateable or if Emilia Clarke is so shitty of an actress you just want the character to die since she isn't whipping out her tits anymore. Hopefully Euron kills all of the unsullied so we don't have to hear about those cockless bastards anymore or watch grey worms awkward ass on screen.

DanDority
08-07-2017, 08:41 AM
Damn, I wanted Bran to kill that 17ing Dragon! I hate Emilia Clarke, I was hoping she was flattened when that dragon took a dive bomb.

BeardoMSU
08-07-2017, 09:31 AM
Whenever Jon finds out Bran is the three eyed raven and can take over the dragons, Dany 17ed. I didn't read the books and don't know if Dany is really that hateable or if Emilia Clarke is so shitty of an actress you just want the character to die since she isn't whipping out her tits anymore. Hopefully Euron kills all of the unsullied so we don't have to hear about those cockless bastards anymore or watch grey worms awkward ass on screen.

https://media.giphy.com/media/10687lEgzWJ1BK/giphy.gif

BeardoMSU
08-07-2017, 09:32 AM
Damn, I wanted Bran to kill that 17ing Dragon! I hate Emilia Clarke, I was hoping she was flattened when that dragon took a dive bomb.

Lemme guess....you're rooting for the white walkers?***

HereComesTheSpiral
08-07-2017, 10:21 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/10687lEgzWJ1BK/giphy.gif

Just talking out of my ass. I admitted to not reading the books, so I don't know if Dany is awful in the books or Clarke is so bad you hate Dany.

Tbonewannabe
08-07-2017, 11:20 AM
No way they let Jaime die like that so I imagine someone rescues him off the bottom of the lake somehow. Not many episodes left and I was mad that they cut the episode 10 minutes short. I will say they made some shit happen. Not much time spent dragging on with something that didn't matter that much. It kind of pisses me off that I had to watch any of that time waste in Dorne now since it obviously doesn't matter at all. I doubt we see anything to do with Dorne unless the Dornish people come North to fight the White Walkers. Other than that the show butchered that entire story line from the book.

BeardoMSU
08-07-2017, 12:27 PM
No way they let Jaime die like that so I imagine someone rescues him off the bottom of the lake somehow. Not many episodes left and I was mad that they cut the episode 10 minutes short. I will say they made some shit happen. Not much time spent dragging on with something that didn't matter that much. It kind of pisses me off that I had to watch any of that time waste in Dorne now since it obviously doesn't matter at all. I doubt we see anything to do with Dorne unless the Dornish people come North to fight the White Walkers. Other than that the show butchered that entire story line from the book.

I'm betting Jamie, Bronn, and the Tarlys will be Dany's prisoners to start the episode next week. It'll be cool to see Jamie and Bronn reunited with Tyrion.

Yeah, I was pissed the episode was cut short too. They've never done that before.

Tbonewannabe
08-07-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm betting Jamie, Bronn, and the Tarlys will be Dany's prisoners to start the episode next week. It'll be cool to see Jamie and Bronn reunited with Tyrion.

Yeah, I was pissed the episode was cut short too. They've never done that before.

It will be interesting to see how Dany handles Bronn since he is the one who shot Drogon. Jaime also now knows that Tyrion didn't kill Joffrey although he still killed Tywin. I wonder if Sam will end up going to Dragonstone where the Tarly's might be prisoners. 3 episodes left this year and 6 next year with a lot left to happen.

Prediction? Pain.
08-07-2017, 01:36 PM
The dragon battle was amazing. And I really dug Arya's return to Winterfell, and I'm cool with how Jon and Dany's relationship is progressing, too. Great episode.

But what the eff's the deal with Bran's recent descent into glassy-eyed crazytown? And let me preface my beef by saying that I was one of the very few uber-nerds who was really into Bran's story at the end of season 4 only to be let down in season 6. Fireball wielding androgynous pixie emerges from a cave hurling fireballs at the undead to save Bran and lead him to a mystical-looking shaman seated among the roots of an ancient tree? Kapow, Children of the Forest, bitches! Time for Bran to become an all-knowing wizard. Fast forward to season 6, and the Children of the Forest have morphed into adult, low-level Dr. Moroeau extras, the three-eyed-raven is just some dude in a black robe, and Bran's training is tagalong flashback watching (important though the details may have been). Bottom line, I thought it was a waste.

But regardless, when the hell did Bran become catatonic? Meera said "You died in that cave." Really? Because I didn't see that. During his training (when he tried to talk to his dad and raptly watched him during the Tower of Joy vision), he was the same ole Bran. When he encountered the Ice King in his vision (and became visibly frightened and screamed), he was the same ole Bran. During his escape from the cave as he was stuck in a vision (when he smiled as he watched his grandfather leave his father at Winterfell), he was the same ole Bran. And when he met up with his uncle on his trek to the wall (when he expressed adolescent frustration about how he couldn't control his visions), he was the same ole Bran.

So, again, whence Bran the Dud? (Zinger to Little Finger notwithstanding.) I get the explanation. The visions are just too much for him. But it was just dropped in our laps with zero context, explanation, or development. If you're going to go that way, why not just have it happen slowly over these first few episodes? But why even go there? We didn't get tons of screen time from Max Von Sydow as the previous Three Eyed Raven, but even he was more animated (at least in the visions) than Bran is now.

- inconsequential rant over -

So yeah, I'm stoked about how things are going. And I agree with you, Beardo, re: Bronn and Jamie's fate. Too many awesome possibilities for interactions with Tyrion not to go that route. (Plus, I'm not sure what the alternative is.)

Tbonewannabe
08-07-2017, 02:04 PM
The dragon battle was amazing. And I really dug Arya's return to Winterfell, and I'm cool with how Jon and Dany's relationship is progressing, too. Great episode.

But what the eff's the deal with Bran's recent descent into glassy-eyed crazytown? And let me preface my beef by saying that I was one of the very few uber-nerds who was really into Bran's story at the end of season 4 only to be let down in season 6. Fireball wielding androgynous pixie emerges from a cave hurling fireballs at the undead to save Bran and lead him to a mystical-looking shaman seated among the roots of an ancient tree? Kapow, Children of the Forest, bitches! Time for Bran to become an all-knowing wizard. Fast forward to season 6, and the Children of the Forest have morphed into adult, low-level Dr. Moroeau extras, the three-eyed-raven is just some dude in a black robe, and Bran's training is tagalong flashback watching (important though the details may have been). Bottom line, I thought it was a waste.

But regardless, when the hell did Bran become catatonic? Meera said "You died in that cave." Really? Because I didn't see that. During his training (when he tried to talk to his dad and raptly watched him during the Tower of Joy vision), he was the same ole Bran. When he encountered the Ice King in his vision (and became visibly frightened and screamed), he was the same ole Bran. During his escape from the cave as he was stuck in a vision (when he smiled as he watched his grandfather leave his father at Winterfell), he was the same ole Bran. And when he met up with his uncle on his trek to the wall (when he expressed adolescent frustration about how he couldn't control his visions), he was the same ole Bran.

So, again, whence Bran the Dud? (Zinger to Little Finger notwithstanding.) I get the explanation. The visions are just too much for him. But it was just dropped in our laps with zero context, explanation, or development. If you're going to go that way, why not just have it happen slowly over these first few episodes? But why even go there? We didn't get tons of screen time from Max Von Sydow as the previous Three Eyed Raven, but even he was more animated (at least in the visions) than Bran is now.

- inconsequential rant over -

So yeah, I'm stoked about how things are going. And I agree with you, Beardo, re: Bronn and Jamie's fate. Too many awesome possibilities for interactions with Tyrion not to go that route. (Plus, I'm not sure what the alternative is.)

It is almost like Bran is becoming similar to being autistic with information overload. I agree, Bran should have been slowly going there and it was almost like the talk with Meera was how it should have happened if he acted weird after the first time with the 3 eyed raven. He was still pretty normal in the cave. I wonder if we see Meera at some point in the future or is it like they are just doing a shitty version of tying up loose ends. I believe GRRM when he says the books will be different. There is way more out there that is going on where the show is just condensing stories like crazy.

BulldogBear
08-11-2017, 02:34 PM
Blah, Blah.... a pox on GRRM.

Quit signing Batman posters and give us TWOW.

Tbonewannabe
08-14-2017, 08:47 AM
Last night was a set up episode for the last 2 episodes of the season. I think a big part of next week will be who comes back to the wall alive and they will have 1 of the others to show the Queens. I believe the last episode will be the meeting and Jon showing up with a White Walker. I wonder if Jon will have his conversation with Bran to find out he isn't Ned's son. I could see the Northern lords with Littlefinger's help renouncing Jon and backing Sansa if it becomes known that Jon is Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. I could also see Sansa trying to keep Jon from letting people know because she really does want to do what is right. It will be interesting to see if Sam connects the dots from what Gilly said about Rhaegar and Lyanna being married.

I wonder if that is foreshadowing for when maybe Jon and Sam are meeting and they start talking about Rhaegar being Jon's real dad after he learns it from Bran. Gilly could be in the room and just casually say "Is that the guy that got the annulment and married Lyanna?". I am ready to watch the last 2 but I think it will be Cersi and Dany finally agreeing that they have to fight the Others before finishing up with each other. I think the first half of next season will be fighting the Night King and the back half will be who sits on the Iron Throne.

TrapGame
08-15-2017, 08:41 AM
Last night was a set up episode for the last 2 episodes of the season. I think a big part of next week will be who comes back to the wall alive and they will have 1 of the others to show the Queens. I believe the last episode will be the meeting and Jon showing up with a White Walker. I wonder if Jon will have his conversation with Bran to find out he isn't Ned's son. I could see the Northern lords with Littlefinger's help renouncing Jon and backing Sansa if it becomes known that Jon is Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. I could also see Sansa trying to keep Jon from letting people know because she really does want to do what is right. It will be interesting to see if Sam connects the dots from what Gilly said about Rhaegar and Lyanna being married.

I wonder if that is foreshadowing for when maybe Jon and Sam are meeting and they start talking about Rhaegar being Jon's real dad after he learns it from Bran. Gilly could be in the room and just casually say "Is that the guy that got the annulment and married Lyanna?". I am ready to watch the last 2 but I think it will be Cersi and Dany finally agreeing that they have to fight the Others before finishing up with each other. I think the first half of next season will be fighting the Night King and the back half will be who sits on the Iron Throne.

I read the last leaked scripts online last night. I hate myself, but can't wait to see all of that play out on TV.

The level of awesome in the next two episodes will have people talking for months.

Tbonewannabe
08-15-2017, 09:29 AM
I read the last leaked scripts online last night. I hate myself, but can't wait to see all of that play out on TV.

The level of awesome in the next two episodes will have people talking for months.

I am trying to keep from reading them myself. They didn't show it but I hope they at least armed themselves with dragon glass weapons. From the previews it shows Jon and the Wildling running side by side. I really hope dude gets to hook up with Brienne just because he is hilarious. I figure from the previews that Bedric sp? lights up his sword as a last stand to give the other guys time to get away. He is already dead in the books and he is kind of looking for his purpose to die and stay dead. I saw that some people are thinking that Jorah is killed and comes back which is the white walker they bring back.

TrapGame
08-15-2017, 09:39 AM
I am trying to keep from reading them myself. They didn't show it but I hope they at least armed themselves with dragon glass weapons. From the previews it shows Jon and the Wildling running side by side. I really hope dude gets to hook up with Brienne just because he is hilarious. I figure from the previews that Bedric sp? lights up his sword as a last stand to give the other guys time to get away. He is already dead in the books and he is kind of looking for his purpose to die and stay dead. I saw that some people are thinking that Jorah is killed and comes back which is the white walker they bring back.

Not gonna say yea or nay on those theories. You'll have to watch the show, but I will reveal this one thing. The Night King and one of the dragons (not Drogon) have an epic battle. That is going to be an ass puckering scene.

Tbonewannabe
08-15-2017, 10:52 AM
Not gonna say yea or nay on those theories. You'll have to watch the show, but I will reveal this one thing. The Night King and one of the dragons (not Drogon) have an epic battle. That is going to be an ass puckering scene.

I figure that is how the wall is going to come down, with dragon fire. It will either be an accident or the Night King gets control of a dragon and melts a hole in the wall. I figure next week will be mostly action and the final episode will be: Holy shit the Others are real by everyone that hasn't seen them and Holy Shit Jon is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne.

TrapGame
08-15-2017, 11:02 AM
I figure that is how the wall is going to come down, with dragon fire. It will either be an accident or the Night King gets control of a dragon and melts a hole in the wall. I figure next week will be mostly action and the final episode will be: Holy shit the Others are real by everyone that hasn't seen them and Holy Shit Jon is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne.

Oh, there are going to be a ton of Holy Shit moments in the last episode. It's almost an hour and a half long too.

Tbonewannabe
08-15-2017, 12:48 PM
Oh, there are going to be a ton of Holy Shit moments in the last episode. It's almost an hour and a half long too.

Just broke down a read a rough outline of the spoilers. It is going to be a fantastic ending if what I read was true. Next season is going to be pretty much war against the Others and then probably war for who sits the Iron Throne although I am not sure how many people will even be left. I could see someone coming from over the sea to end up conquering the people that are left so no one left would actually sit on the Iron Throne at the end of it although that would kind of be anti-climatic. GRRM needs to finish the damn book already or most people won't care that much. I think he is trying to differentiate it now so it is more different for book readers. He also is under extreme pressure since he has stated many times that this will be his legacy similar to JRR Tolkien. The RR in his name is even a nod to Tolkien.

TrapGame
08-15-2017, 02:26 PM
Just broke down a read a rough outline of the spoilers. It is going to be a fantastic ending if what I read was true. Next season is going to be pretty much war against the Others and then probably war for who sits the Iron Throne although I am not sure how many people will even be left. I could see someone coming from over the sea to end up conquering the people that are left so no one left would actually sit on the Iron Throne at the end of it although that would kind of be anti-climatic. GRRM needs to finish the damn book already or most people won't care that much. I think he is trying to differentiate it now so it is more different for book readers. He also is under extreme pressure since he has stated many times that this will be his legacy similar to JRR Tolkien. The RR in his name is even a nod to Tolkien.

He has a small army of staffers that are just focused on continuity. They flag all of his rough drafts with stickers saying he's changing eye color, hair color, birth place and a number of other small details that readers will pick up on quickly. It's a very large undertaking to world-build a world of Westoros's size.

Tbonewannabe
08-15-2017, 03:32 PM
He has a small army of staffers that are just focused on continuity. They flag all of his rough drafts with stickers saying he's changing eye color, hair color, birth place and a number of other small details that readers will pick up on quickly. It's a very large undertaking to world-build a world of Westoros's size.

He is also a big fanboy of everything so that is probably something he would care about. He also has a lot of interests that take up his time. I saw where he asked Stephen King how he was able to put out so much, King just said he sits down and starts writing every day. It could end up being nothing and he either puts it up or throws it away. Sometimes what he writes ends up in an entirely different book but he always writes a certain amount of pages, good or bad. If GRRM doesn't feel like writing then he just doesn't.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-16-2017, 09:11 PM

Just watched Ep.6 OH MY!!!!

TrapGame
08-17-2017, 08:47 AM
Just watched Ep.6 OH MY!!!!

I'm waiting patiently. Reading the leaked scripts is where it ends for me. But it's tough.

Tbonewannabe
08-17-2017, 10:08 AM
I'm waiting patiently. Reading the leaked scripts is where it ends for me. But it's tough.

I am the same, I just read the synopsis of the scripts so it is just the highlights.

War Machine Dawg
08-17-2017, 11:55 AM
I'm waiting for Sunday, but it's torture. Won't lie, I did download the leaked episode 4 early and watch. Only by a few hours, though. Trying to stay as spoiler free as possible, but it's tough. Part of me wants to know, part of me wants to be surprised.

War Machine Dawg
08-17-2017, 11:57 AM
Blah, Blah.... a pox on GRRM.

Quit signing Batman posters and give us TWOW.

THIS.

Btw, you ever going to expand on some of your theories? I'll bump the old thread if needed.

Tbonewannabe
08-17-2017, 01:33 PM
THIS.

Btw, you ever going to expand on some of your theories? I'll bump the old thread if needed.

I second this, I would love to hear some new theories. I need to read back through the old thread.

Dawgology
08-17-2017, 05:37 PM
It is amazeballs.

That is all.

DogsofAnarchy
08-17-2017, 06:07 PM
It is amazeballs.

That is all.

Well send me a private message and give me the spoilers!!!

HereComesTheSpiral
08-17-2017, 06:12 PM

It's up on Kodi

Dawgology
08-17-2017, 08:17 PM

On series cravings . tv Have a good popupblocker and antivirus though

stalkingpoon
08-17-2017, 08:21 PM
Best episode yet! The last one is gonna top them all though.

vv83
08-17-2017, 08:40 PM
watching now

TrapGame
08-17-2017, 09:06 PM
Must...wait...until...Sunday... (takes deep breath)

BulldogBear
08-17-2017, 10:10 PM
So, when is TWOW coming out?

Oh yeah, never.

17 GRRM and his aborted sister 17ing dragons balls empire.

mcain31
08-17-2017, 10:16 PM

Oh yeah, never.

It looks like next year along with the family history of the Targaryens.

BulldogBear
08-17-2017, 10:18 PM
It looks like next year along with the family history of the Targaryens.

It's been next year for going on four years now!

mcain31
08-17-2017, 10:22 PM
That came directly from GRRM's Not A Blog. Targaryen History will come out first. Then TWoW. GRRM can never just work on one project anymore

War Machine Dawg
08-17-2017, 11:17 PM

Oh yeah, never.

Get your ass over to Bovine Scat and talk theories with us, slacker.

Tbonewannabe
08-18-2017, 09:38 AM
That came directly from GRRM's Not A Blog. Targaryen History will come out first. Then TWoW. GRRM can never just work on one project anymore

I don't trust anything at GRRM says anymore. He has stated for several years now that the book would be coming out "insert year". I don't even remember where the books left off now. I will have to reread the entire thing when the book eventually comes out.

mparkerfd20
08-18-2017, 05:35 PM
Just watched episode 6. Thanks for the link. Holy sheet can't wait for the rest of it now.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-18-2017, 06:18 PM
That last scene

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/354/598/ef7.gif

BulldogBear
08-18-2017, 07:09 PM
Get your ass over to Bovine Scat and talk theories with us, slacker.

It's less of a slacker thing and more of an apathetic thing at this point....like caring about the Night's Watch as much as a Lannister or blonde headed bastard king level if apathy.

To really wrapy head back around some of my deeper stuff I'll have to do a reread. I just can't seem to get motivated to do that until there's a definite release date.

Of course Targaryen history will come out first...wouldn't be GRRM if it didnt.....then TWOW will just get delayed another a year or two or five.

Party meet Pooper.

BeardoMSU
08-20-2017, 09:44 PM
Uh....da fuq?

https://m.popkey.co/8c8ab1/Vloxp.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/IjzStth5BHsuQ/giphy.gif

TrapGame
08-20-2017, 09:48 PM
Undead dragon. Damn.

Tbonewannabe
08-20-2017, 09:55 PM
That episode was damn good. It was cool to see Benjen save his nephew since Jon always looked up to him. Of course they had to rip of Jon's shirt so Dany did see that Jon did take a knife to the heart like Davos said. I was getting pissed off when Tormund was almost dragged into the water. That guy is my favorite on the show besides Tyrion.

TrapGame
08-20-2017, 10:16 PM
That episode was damn good. It was cool to see Benjen save his nephew since Jon always looked up to him. Of course they had to rip of Jon's shirt so Dany did see that Jon did take a knife to the heart like Davos said. I was getting pissed off when Tormund was almost dragged into the water. That guy is my favorite on the show besides Tyrion.

The conversation between Turmond and The Hound had me rolling.

msstatelp1
08-20-2017, 10:26 PM
The conversation between Turmond and The Hound had me rolling.

same here. Tormund is hilarious. Bronn is currently my favorite character but Tormund is quickly gaining ground.

Tbonewannabe
08-21-2017, 08:34 AM
same here. Tormund is hilarious. Bronn is currently my favorite character but Tormund is quickly gaining ground.

Wasn't even thinking about Bronn. I would watch a show where Tormund, Bronn, and Tyrion go around solving problems like the A-Team.

TrapGame
08-21-2017, 08:38 AM
Wasn't even thinking about Bronn. I would watch a show where Tormund, Bronn, and Tyrion go around solving problems like the A-Team.

Bronn is Captain Badass. I'm gonna be pissed if he doesn't get his castle.

Tbonewannabe
08-21-2017, 10:39 AM
Bronn is Captain Badass. I'm gonna be pissed if he doesn't get his castle.

He should get Dorne, a lot of pretty ladies for him down there.

TrapGame
08-21-2017, 11:59 AM
Just to throw some shit out here...

How y'all heard the Bran is really the Night King theory?

It kinda makes sense.

Tbonewannabe
08-21-2017, 12:07 PM

It kinda makes sense.

Haven't heard that one. I have heard that he is actually Bran the Builder who travels back and builds the wall by warging into his ancestor. Some people have also said he is the voices that drives the Mad King insane also. It might be something the books get into but the show just glosses over.

BulldogBear
08-21-2017, 12:58 PM

It kinda makes sense.

I've long suscribed to something to that effect.

The whole tower incident in the first Bran chapter/episode 1 is just to throw us off, painting Jamie as a villain and Bran as innocent. But in the end the role will be reversed with Jamie as the main hero and with everyone wondering if the whole world would be better off if Bran hadn't survived.

Tbonewannabe
08-21-2017, 01:23 PM

The whole tower incident in the first Bran chapter/episode 1 is just to throw us off, painting Jamie as a villain and Bran as innocent. But in the end the role will be reversed with Jamie as the main hero and with everyone wondering if the whole world would be better off if Bran hadn't survived.

GRRM does like the curveball to everything. Jon being the bastard sent to the wall in the first book. You basically think he is some character of no importance. Now the show is basically revolving around him. It would be a huge twist if Jaime was Azor Azahi and Bran was the Night King. Not sure if Jaime could be the Prince that was Promised but people have said they might not be the same person.

Political Hack
08-22-2017, 09:25 AM
Th last two episodes have been incredible.

I wonder if the dragon will fly with the dead, or if he'll be like the guy who rescued J. Snow. Apparently not all the dead follow the night king. Would be cool if the dead dragon eventually turned back.

Tbonewannabe
08-22-2017, 12:54 PM
Th last two episodes have been incredible.

I wonder if the dragon will fly with the dead, or if he'll be like the guy who rescued J. Snow. Apparently not all the dead follow the night king. Would be cool if the dead dragon eventually turned back.

Now they will have Jon and Dany flying dragons against the Night King flying his. Although it does eliminate the whole "the dragon has 3 heads" prophecy. Maybe the dragon does turn against the Night King so we get the 3 Targs flying dragons similar to how Westeros was conquered to begin with. Dany, Jon, and "maybe Tyrion" so you have a girl and 2 guys instead of a Aegon and his 2 sisters.

TrapGame
08-22-2017, 03:54 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Uncle Benjen told Bran he was rescued by the Three Eyed Raven before he turned into a full wight.

Prediction? Pain.
08-22-2017, 04:11 PM
I really liked the episode as well, but the glaring timing issues and deus ex machina devices were annoying. In the span of a single day, dude jogs all the way back to the wall, a raven gets to Dany halfway across the continent, and Dany gets on a dragon, flies halfway across a continent, and arrives in the nick of time. That's not compressing the plot for narrative purposes like Jon's trip up north two episodes ago or the various fleets and armies sailing back and forth in the early part of the season. That's just contrived drama. And Jon's uncle riding in to for the rescue at the last minute from out of nowhere and then refusing to ride to safety with Jon because "there's no time"? Uh, what? Maybe that's the best way they could think of to kill off the uncle?

But again, that stuff aside, it was great. Lots of crazy possibilities now with the undead dragon.

What say y'all about Arya and Sansa? After Arya's thinly veiled threat, my first thought was "Welp, they're going to kill Arya next." But I'm not sure they've done enough with her character yet give how much time they built up her training. The mass murder of the Freys was big, but not big enough to be her final significant act before death. Also, what exactly is the game here for Littlefinger? Sure, with no Arya and Jon gone, everyone in the North will rally around Sansa, through whom Littlefinger will hope to ascend to power. But if he's even kind of paying attention to what's happening, his position that far north is not a good one without the help of Jon and his current allies. And then there's Bran, who, catatonic or not, surely has to have some role in the goings on at Winterfell. Sansa's and Arya's vacillations between sophistication and naivety are frustrating, especially in light of the bigger battle going on around them.

Tbonewannabe
08-22-2017, 04:47 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Uncle Benjen told Bran he was rescued by the Three Eyed Raven before he turned into a full wight.

I thought he was turned by the Children of the Forest but done differently than they did the Night King. It has been a while so it may have been the 3 eyed raven.

Tbonewannabe
08-22-2017, 04:53 PM
I really liked the episode as well, but the glaring timing issues and deus ex machina devices were annoying. In the span of a single day, dude jogs all the way back to the wall, a raven gets to Dany halfway across the continent, and Dany gets on a dragon, flies halfway across a continent, and arrives in the nick of time. That's not compressing the plot for narrative purposes like Jon's trip up north two episodes ago or the various fleets and armies sailing back and forth in the early part of the season. That's just contrived drama. And Jon's uncle riding in to for the rescue at the last minute from out of nowhere and then refusing to ride to safety with Jon because "there's no time"? Uh, what? Maybe that's the best way they could think of to kill off the uncle?

But again, that stuff aside, it was great. Lots of crazy possibilities now with the undead dragon.

What say y'all about Arya and Sansa? After Arya's thinly veiled threat, my first thought was "Welp, they're going to kill Arya next." But I'm not sure they've done enough with her character yet give how much time they built up her training. The mass murder of the Freys was big, but not big enough to be her final significant act before death. Also, what exactly is the game here for Littlefinger? Sure, with no Arya and Jon gone, everyone in the North will rally around Sansa, through whom Littlefinger will hope to ascend to power. But if he's even kind of paying attention to what's happening, his position that far north is not a good one without the help of Jon and his current allies. And then there's Bran, who, catatonic or not, surely has to have some role in the goings on at Winterfell. Sansa's and Arya's vacillations between sophistication and naivety are frustrating, especially in light of the bigger battle going on around them.

The whole time issue kind of bugged me also but I just had to let it roll off my back. The episode was good other than that. Jon killing the dead while everyone else was getting on the dragon was also kind of dumb. Also Benjen dieing like that was anticlimatic. I could see him saying the horse wasn't strong enough to carry them as fast as they needed because that makes sense. Him saying there is no time was shitty writing. That is the biggest thing that has stuck out is how much better of a writer that GRRM actually is. A lot of what is happening now could almost be pulled from message board posts and the dialog isn't as sharp.

TrapGame
08-22-2017, 06:39 PM
I read where the producers said things were moving faster this season and next. I understand why now. It's all the outline GRRM gave them. There are no subtle subplots or long narratives to muddle through. I would venture a guess that the whole dragons and wights beyond the wall scene is far longer and more detailed in Winds of Winter.

Tbonewannabe
08-23-2017, 09:35 AM
I read where the producers said things were moving faster this season and next. I understand why now. It's all the outline GRRM gave them. There are no subtle subplots or long narratives to muddle through. I would venture a guess that the whole dragons and wights beyond the wall scene is far longer and more detailed in Winds of Winter.

I think a lot of this is why GRRM has said the book will be different. They probably get to the arrow head mountain and pick off a scout. Instead of sending Gendry to run with all of them on their tails, they probably send him ahead to warn the Wall how close they are. It is probably a week or so trek with the dead army behind them instead of a short sprint. The book will allow more of the timeline to work out rather than rushing it so it fits in the action packed episode.

Offshore Dawg
08-23-2017, 06:27 PM
Will the "Night King" use the dead dragon to melt the wall and castle Black.

TrapGame
08-23-2017, 07:14 PM

Do you really want me to answer that?

War Machine Dawg
08-23-2017, 08:28 PM

I thought that was pretty f'n obvious. What else would TNK need a fookin' undead dragon for? Also, it appears everyone who guessed Jon would ride Rhaegal was correct in their assumption. TNK killed Viserion, leaving Rhaegal. Thus, Jon will ride the dragon named for his father and Dany rides Drogon. I'm expecting at least one epic aerial battle between Jon/Rhaegal, Dany/Drogon, and TNK/Viserion before the story concludes.

War Machine Dawg
08-23-2017, 08:33 PM

It kinda makes sense.

I've been working on the assumption that Bran will actually be on the side of the Others/Walkers for some time based on the books. But somehow being the Night King would be exactly the type of crazy twist GRRM loves. Plus it'll be an incredibly emotionally moment when Jon has to kill his brother/cousin to save the realms of men.

Also gotta agree with Bear about Jamie being on a redemption arc, particularly in the books. I think his story is going to play out much differently than how it has on tv.

Tbonewannabe
08-24-2017, 10:42 AM
I've been working on the assumption that Bran will actually be on the side of the Others/Walkers for some time based on the books. But somehow being the Night King would be exactly the type of crazy twist GRRM loves. Plus it'll be an incredibly emotionally moment when Jon has to kill his brother/cousin to save the realms of men.

Also gotta agree with Bear about Jamie being on a redemption arc, particularly in the books. I think his story is going to play out much differently than how it has on tv.

It would be interesting if Jamie creates Lightbringer by plunging it into Cersi's heart.

War Machine Dawg
08-24-2017, 08:36 PM
It would be interesting if Jamie creates Lightbringer by plunging it into Cersi's heart.

Damn, that would be one hell of a twist. But I'm still on the bandwagon of The Hound being the Valonqar. He's going to take out Zombie Mountain then off Cersei.

TrapGame
08-25-2017, 10:19 AM
Just had a thought.

What if Bran time traveled to set up his assassination attempt with the dragonglass dagger b/c he knows he will eventually become the Night King?

HereComesTheSpiral
08-25-2017, 06:18 PM
I kind of hope Cersei pulls this trick on the unsullied and dothraki at the siege in episode 7.

https://media.tenor.com/images/499085bfb063a676d33bc708d380baee/tenor.gif

War Machine Dawg
08-26-2017, 09:59 PM
Just had a thought.

What if Bran time traveled to set up his assassination attempt with the dragonglass dagger b/c he knows he will eventually become the Night King?

Now my brain is starting to hurt. I have no idea who's behind the attack. I thought it might be Little Finger, but that seems too obvious. Then I thought maybe Cersei, but she had little to gain by Bran's death. That's one of the hardest mysteries to figure out in the entire series. But a Bran time travel to set up his own assassination attempt would certainly make a hell of a lot of sense if he's somehow connected to the Night King and wanted to throw everyone off the scent.

TrapGame
08-27-2017, 10:02 PM
Now my brain is starting to hurt. I have no idea who's behind the attack. I thought it might be Little Finger, but that seems too obvious. Then I thought maybe Cersei, but she had little to gain by Bran's death. That's one of the hardest mysteries to figure out in the entire series. But a Bran time travel to set up his own assassination attempt would certainly make a hell of a lot of sense if he's somehow connected to the Night King and wanted to throw everyone off the scent.

After tonight it appears they are suggesting Littlefinger set the whole thing up and provided to dagger to frame Tyrion.

Tbonewannabe
08-27-2017, 10:22 PM
There seems to be a lot to wrap up with only 6 episodes left. I figure Theon will save Yara in episode 1 or 2. We will see the first battle against the Night King in episode 2. The living wins in episode 4 and 2 episodes for the war over the iron throne.

TrapGame
08-27-2017, 10:57 PM
All six episodes are an hour and a half long. I read the CGI is going to be on the level of major Hollywood movies.

BeardoMSU
08-27-2017, 11:15 PM
All six episodes are an hour and a half long. I read the CGI is going to be on the level of major Hollywood movies.

Yep. It's going to be great. It sucks there are only 6 episodes, but at least they're all feature length. I can't wait.

Offshore Dawg
08-28-2017, 05:59 AM
Those of you that are reading the books like WMD

Is Danny now pregnant for the start of next season by ( JON / SNOW - STARK - TARGAYON )

When do Jon and everybody else find out his real family tree.

Offshore Dawg
08-28-2017, 06:01 AM
I loved the way they set up and did away with "littlefinger", his reaction to getting butt-<17>was epic.

Uncle Ruckus
08-28-2017, 07:01 AM

Is Danny now pregnant for the start of next season by ( JON / SNOW - STARK - TARGAYON )

Nope. She's still in Essos and Jon is 'dead'.

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2017, 08:21 AM

The show is ahead of the books by probably a good bit now. The books will probably wrap up about 5 years after the show is over if we are that lucky. GRRM has postponed the release of the book for about 3 years straight.

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2017, 08:23 AM
I loved the way they set up and did away with "littlefinger", his reaction to getting butt-<17>was epic.

It was awesome. That was my favorite scene from last night although the dragon blowing up the wall was also badass. It was just perfect that he thought he manipulated Sansa into turning on her sister like he did Lysa. He didn't know what to say when Bran told him that he knew how it went down with Ned. It was the first time he actually looked panicked.

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2017, 08:42 AM
So much happened last night that I will have to rewatch it. Jamie finally sees that Cersi is just as Mad as the Mad King. He finally found his balls and left to go do something that matters. Interesting that the brothers both basically faced their fears of Cersi killing them but some sliver of hope allowed them to leave alive.

Not a lot happened with Jon and Dany except Dany getting a ticket to the bone train. Dany did find out that Jon is noble and honorable to a fault. I really don't think Jon being the rightful heir will matter to him at all. As far as he is concerned, he already pledged to Dany. Of course it doesn't matter if they end up married or dead.

Bran is finally doing something that matters. He helped bring down Littlefinger and figure out Jon's lineage. I wonder if we see Meera next season or if she was basically written off. After dragging his ass around for a season, she deserved a better send off.

Sansa and Arya played Littlefinger perfectly. Nice to see that work out. It will be interesting to see their reaction to Jon being their cousin instead of brother. Sansa always treated him bad because Caitlyn thought he was Ned's bastard. She already apologized for being a bitch to him but will she now think that she is the true Stark heir?

Tormund and Bedric didn't die on the falling wall. I think they will have a long trek along the top of the wall until they reach another Castle on the wall.

The Hound pretty much declared the CleganeBowl throwdown is going to happen. He is going to kill the undead Mountain and it will be awesome. He has become one of my favorite characters along with Bronn and Tormund.

I expect the first episode next year will be build up to the first battle. There is no way that the War that matters will be over in less than 2 or 3 episodes. Then it will be Cersi trying to eliminate who is left to decide who sits on the Iron Throne. I saw someone already thinks that Dany got pregnant and ends up dying in childbirth. Then Jon dies fighting the Night King and their child ends up on the Iron Throne with Tyrion being Hand of the King. I read GRRM said the ending would be bittersweet so I could see that being the ending.

BulldogBear
08-28-2017, 09:08 AM

Glad you asked. See below.

The show is ahead of the books by probably a good bit now. The books will probably wrap up about 5 years after the show is over if we are that lucky. GRRM has postponed the release of the book for about 3 years straight.

^This

GRRM = Mud

TrapGame
08-28-2017, 10:08 AM
The leaked script had Cersi waking up in bloody sheets with a miscarriage before the scene of the Night King fubaring the Wall. I don't remember seeing that at all in last night's episode.

Prediction? Pain.
08-28-2017, 11:19 AM
Exciting finale. And I like the longer format. If all six episodes next season are that long, I expect they'll all be equally grand in scale. (Though I still question their ability to wrap everything up in only six installments.)

Littlefinger's death was very satisfying, and I'm glad the remaining Stark kids at Winterfell ended up on the same side of the table, working together to avenge a person who had so wronged their family. I didn't always like the way they unpacked that story line -- it's not like Sansa and Arya were putting on a show for Littlefinger when they were bickering and threatening each other behind closed doors in private, and their out-of-character impulses and vacillations between pettiness and cunning were frustrating -- but the end result was good.

I'm also glad that Bran seemed to show at least a glimpse or two of humanity in the finale. I'm not sure how you square his purported omniscience and his lack of knowledge about Jon's legitimacy, but whatever. I hope he gets to do something substantial with his warging next season beyond occupying a murder of crows.

Even the Start-but-not-Stark Theon got a little redemption, which was nice to see. The "Do it for Yara!" moment was cheesy, but it gives him a shot to play a larger role next season. If Euron has Yara with him as he's sailing to Essos, could Theon and a freed Yara do something to screw up Cersei's plan for the mercenaries she's hired? (I guess they could sidestep that by putting Yara in a prison cell in the Iron Islands, though I'm not sure how much sense that'd make.)

The aunt-on-nephew action at the end was set up all season long, but was no less funky. If they can get to Winterfell in one piece -- something I'm not sure of given that the Wall's down and the army of the dead on is on the go -- they're in for a massive, massive bummer.

Jamie appears to have cemented his series-long transformation. Incestuous, attempted-murderer of Bran Stark to level-headed realist who takes honor and rightness at least semi-seriously. I'm interested to see where he's headed. I've got to assume he's going to try to hitch his wagon to Brienne and head north. (And maybe try to get Bronn to tag along?) Even with Brienne vouching for him, I imagine he's going to get an icy reception from the Sansa-Arya-Bran side. I wonder if we get to see a massive gathering of all the remaining central characters -- pretty much everyone by the Greyjoys and Cersei and her goons -- in Winterfell.

Anyone else wondering what Dorne's doing in all this? The royal family is gone, I guess, but that's still one of the main regions in Westeros, presumably with an able army and decent-sized population. I found it odd that it didn't send its army to rescue its queen, or at the very least try to avenge her death. (Or do y'all think that it was implied that the Dornish army was aboard Yara and Theon's ships when Euron attacked? The scene was set up as though Yara and Theon had just left Dragonstone, so my assumption has always been that it was just Ironborn-on-Ironborn action in that battle.)

On a related note, what about all the other families and regions? Lots of ruling families are either fractured or dead, but the Tullys are still kicking, as are the Reeds. And I know there are other families in other regions that have been at least referred to in the show that should be interested in playing some kind of role going forward, no?

Oh, and one last thing -- Cersei's pregnancy. I feel like something's awry here. Her whispers with Qyburn just before telling Jamie the news makes me think that either he's not the dad or that there's more to it than a normal pregnancy. Plus, she uses it as a tool to her advantage with Tyrion in setting up her lie about fighting alongside the others against the Night King (though I'd guess she'd do that even if it was on the up and up). But then, maybe it's legit and maybe it's end via miscarriage will break what little sanity she's got left, which would in turn set up the circumstances leading to her eventual death.

TrapGame
08-28-2017, 11:59 AM
I believe in the books the Prince of Dorne had a sister that had some big chunks of scenes but they gave a lot of those to Ellaria Sand after The Red Viper met his end. I bet they introduce her next season. She probably musters the Dornish army to King's Landing to battle the Golden Company.

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2017, 01:15 PM
The leaked script had Cersi waking up in bloody sheets with a miscarriage before the scene of the Night King fubaring the Wall. I don't remember seeing that at all in last night's episode.

Yep, I even saw a review talking about it and I told my wife we would have to rewatch it because maybe we missed it somehow.

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2017, 01:25 PM
I believe in the books the Prince of Dorne had a sister that had some big chunks of scenes but they gave a lot of those to Ellaria Sand after The Red Viper met his end. I bet they introduce her next season. She probably musters the Dornish army to King's Landing to battle the Golden Company.

I think they cut her out entirely of the show. I mentioned that to my wife that Dorne is basically eliminated from the show. When they killed the Prince's son there is no way they would have let his sister live if she was on the show. The show writers butchered that whole storyline from the books. They probably get some kind of mention next season with just being people coming to fight.

Dallas_Dawg
08-28-2017, 02:46 PM
Haven't seen it mentioned here but did anybody see the jealousy on Tyrion's face when he realized that Snow was in there laying the pipe to Dany? Interested how he feels about that and what he may do when it's time to choose between Lannisters and Targaryens again.
Also, how did Ned not tell Catelyn about who Jon really was? Snow's presence caused all sorts of strife in the stark household early on as said by Cat

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2017, 03:39 PM
Haven't seen it mentioned here but did anybody see the jealousy on Tyrion's face when he realized that Snow was in there laying the pipe to Dany? Interested how he feels about that and what he may do when it's time to choose between Lannisters and Targaryens again.
Also, how did Ned not tell Catelyn about who Jon really was? Snow's presence caused all sorts of strife in the stark household early on as said by Cat

I am not sure if Tyrion was jealous or if he just thought it wasn't a good idea. The people in the North might not be as accepting if they think Jon is just mesmerized by the poon.

As honorable as Ned was, it was Lyanna's dying wish that he never tell anyone. With all the little birds who could eavesdrop even in Winterfell, Ned wouldn't risk Jon's life just so he could tell Cat. He probably thought that Jon joining the Night's Watch was the only chance he had of living. Aemon Targaryan already lived at the wall so Robert at least left them alone. It was why Ned said he would tell Jon about his mother the next time he saw him when he would be a brother of the Night's watch.

TrapGame
08-28-2017, 04:08 PM
Tyrion sees this is not going to end well. Thinking with cocks and c*nts instead of brains - now repeat that in The Hound's voice.

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2017, 04:46 PM
Tyrion sees this is not going to end well. Thinking with cocks and c*nts instead of brains - now repeat that in The Hound's voice.

The Hounds voice is kind of like the Morgan Freeman voice. When you think of it then you hear it in your head.

I really hate that Tyrion really didn't gain anything lately. He was outmaneuvered by Jamie and then he really didn't get anything from going to see Cersi although it did end up getting them Jamie to their side.

TrapGame
08-28-2017, 08:22 PM
The Hounds voice is kind of like the Morgan Freeman voice. When you think of it then you hear it in your head.

I really hate that Tyrion really didn't gain anything lately. He was outmaneuvered by Jamie and then he really didn't get anything from going to see Cersi although it did end up getting them Jamie to their side.

What's really going to be interesting is who out of the houses pledged to Cersi defy her and join Jaime in the North.

Political Hack
08-29-2017, 08:47 AM
If that witch can control fire, couldn't she destroy the army of the dead?

Could the 3 eyed Raven control a dead dragon like he could an alive one?

Is Cerci really pregnant or trying to use that to control Jamie?

Are the mountain and the hound going to be friendly or fight to the death?

And more importantly, how the hell are they going to resolve a war between 3 parties in only a few episodes? I have a feeling we're going to be left hanging at the finale next year.

Tbonewannabe
08-29-2017, 09:10 AM
If that witch can control fire, couldn't she destroy the army of the dead?

Could the 3 eyed Raven control a dead dragon like he could an alive one?

Is Cerci really pregnant or trying to use that to control Jamie?

Are the mountain and the hound going to be friendly or fight to the death?

And more importantly, how the hell are they going to resolve a war between 3 parties in only a few episodes? I have a feeling we're going to be left hanging at the finale next year.

This is why I think the Great War with the Undead will be episodes 2-4. I think episode 1 will be them setting up the war then 2-4 defeating the Night King. Episode 5 & 6 will be the aftermath and subsequent war for the Iron Throne. I am not sure how they will do it all but every episode is supposed to be like a movie. So if that is the case then it will be like the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings in length. It will probably feel rushed since we are used to the details and setup in the show but movies do it all the time.

TrapGame
08-29-2017, 10:18 AM
And supposedly we aren't seeing any of this until early 2019.

Tbonewannabe
08-29-2017, 01:17 PM

Maybe GRRM will have finished the 6th book by then.********

War Machine Dawg
08-29-2017, 03:09 PM
Finally got around to watching the episode last night since I don't pay for HBO and have to pirate it. My initial thought: HOLY. SHIT. So much happened, even though there wasn't a ton of "action." Let's just start with the obvious: Cersei is an evil, lying bitch. If The Hound doesn't kill her, Jaime will. He finally sees her for what she really is. I can't wait for her to die. Unfortunately, I get the feeling we'll have to wait until the series finale or the episode before to see it happen. Is she lying about her pregnancy to manipulate everything? Who knows, but I would put nothing past her. There is no low to which she won't stoop to retain power.

Littlefinger got what was coming to him. It was awesome to see how perfectly Sansa & Arya played him. All his little games finally caught up to him. But I do agree with Sansa on one thing: In his own twisted way, I think he really did love her. Going to be interesting to see how Sansa & Arya play into the Great War. Sansa is now a political animal perfectly suited for leading a political charge to take the Iron Throne thanks to Littlefinger.

Still not sold on Bran. I think there might be some serious multiple personality disorder happening with him. He's the Bran everyone loves until he wargs, then who knows what he is? The fact he missed the marriage between Rhaegar & Lyanna says he doesn't know everything he thinks he does. I have a feeling that's going to bit the living at some point.

Bronn, Tyrion, and The Hound were all at their hilarious best. Even Pod got in on it a bit. Those three make me roll with laughter. Funniest moment of the night goes to the conversation between Bronn & Jaime about the Unsullied and their lack of a unit. Honorable mention goes to Bronn & Tyrion talking about Bronn operating only on his self-interest. I'm gonna be pissed if Bronn isn't one of the ultimate survivors and gets some sort of lordship out of it. The Hound is gonna kill The Mountain, and it's going to be epic when it happens.

Jon & Dany finally have their moment we've been building towards all season. I'm interested to see what Tyrion does. He was in favor of it earlier, but something was off when he saw Jon enter Dany's room. The big reveal of Jon's true name was a nice little Easter Egg: Aegon. As in the Conqueror and several others after, notably Maester Aemon's brother who became king. And as we've all suspected, he's the legit heir to the Iron Throne. Going to be interesting to see how he & Dany work out that relatively "minor" issue.

TNK using Viserion to take down the wall was predictable and awesome all at the same time. I really hope Tormund & Beric are still alive. It's gonna suck if they died. Tormund has quickly become one of the funniest characters on the show.

War Machine Dawg
08-29-2017, 03:10 PM

I might have an aneurysm waiting over a year for the final season. Going to be a LONG wait.

Tbonewannabe
08-29-2017, 04:27 PM
I think Tormund and Beric are on the side still standing and they have a long trek back to Castle Black or whatever castle is closest. Brann might already have seen it so they will at least be somewhat prepared for the undead army coming from the North. I read an article where Peter Dinklage said he thought Tyrion just didn't think it was a good idea for them to get involved. It is similar to how Dany risked her life and a dragon died for a dangerous mission to save Jon. He wants her to lead more with her head and she does a lot because of her heart. If she is in love with Jon then she might make irrational decisions because of that love. It also could be that the North went to war against the Targaryeans and it might make it more difficult to get them to their side if they think Jon has been seduced rather than believing in Dany.

BeardoMSU
08-31-2017, 07:05 PM
For those GoT fans, that also happen to be Always Sunny fans....a great combination, I don't mind adding....

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/21244650_10103205265120066_611617275_n.jpg?oh=35b3 66b0c6fb857bcda5d84b26b39712&oe=59AB0872

TrapGame
09-01-2017, 02:04 PM
I think Tormund and Beric are on the side still standing and they have a long trek back to Castle Black or whatever castle is closest. Brann might already have seen it so they will at least be somewhat prepared for the undead army coming from the North. I read an article where Peter Dinklage said he thought Tyrion just didn't think it was a good idea for them to get involved. It is similar to how Dany risked her life and a dragon died for a dangerous mission to save Jon. He wants her to lead more with her head and she does a lot because of her heart. If she is in love with Jon then she might make irrational decisions because of that love. It also could be that the North went to war against the Targaryeans and it might make it more difficult to get them to their side if they think Jon has been seduced rather than believing in Dany.

Read an article with Ian Glen's (Jorah) comments about the Jon/Dany romance and he doesn't think it ends well for them. I don't know if he is just speculating or if this is a hint from the season 8 script.

Also, it occurred to me that Jaime is heading to Winterfell which means he is probably going to encounter Bran. Does his redemption come full circle by asking Bran to forgive him for pushing him out of the tower window?

And what if Bran in his new found freakiness says something like "No, thank you Jaime Lannister. Without your push I never would have been able to fly."

Offshore Dawg
09-01-2017, 04:35 PM
I have not read any of the books so this will seem like a very long time until we get the 8th season, I am really looking forward to GOT starting back up.