PDA

View Full Version : MSU non-sports: WOW!!!!

Liverpooldawg
06-20-2017, 02:00 PM
This is awesome!

http://www.msstate.edu/newsroom/article/2017/06/frank-and-virginia-williams-rhode-island-gift-extraordinary-lincoln-and/

Tbonewannabe
06-20-2017, 02:16 PM
It is amazing. It is very cool that our university would be given the honor of maintaining the history and legacy of President Lincoln and President Grant. It is humorous that our university is trusted with this while the other university is where "Old Times aren't forgotten".

There aren't many presidential libraries on university campuses, I wonder if UM will try to get the Jefferson Davis Presidential library to compete with us.

Martianlander
06-20-2017, 02:23 PM
MSU is Mississippi’s leading university, available online at www.msstate.edu.

I like the last line in that story too!

BrunswickDawg
06-20-2017, 02:28 PM
As a history major - this is the type gift that can really have huge impacts on a program. We are really building in a lot of academic areas that we used to almost ignore.

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2017, 02:35 PM
Wonder when the Nathan Bedford Forrest exhibit opens in the grove?

Liverpooldawg
06-20-2017, 02:39 PM
As a history major - this is the type gift that can really have huge impacts on a program. We are really building in a lot of academic areas that we used to almost ignore.

Getting the Grant Presidential Library was a huge coup for MSU. It has had and will continue to have a major impact on the whole university, not just the library and history department. This really adds to that impact.

Liverpooldawg
06-20-2017, 02:40 PM
Wonder when the Nathan Bedford Forrest exhibit opens in the grove?

As soon as they finish the Jefferson Davis one.

Commercecomet24
06-20-2017, 02:44 PM
Thank Heavens we have progressive leadership at OUR University and aren't stuck in the 1800's like the idiots up north.

Bully13
06-20-2017, 02:52 PM
this is big folks, real big. did I miss anything in the write up defining how the hell we pulled this off? this is extraordinary.

I don't think we have to guess as to why Mr. Williams didn't pick TSUN. LMAO

Liverpooldawg
06-20-2017, 03:06 PM
this is big folks, real big. did I miss anything in the write up defining how the hell we pulled this off? this is extraordinary.

Mr. Williams was big in the Grant Society. That's how he came in contact with MSU.

Mimi's Babies
06-20-2017, 03:08 PM
This gift from the Williams' is a huge gift for the History Teachers in the area. NOW, if the Teachers will use the gift to benefits our children. The 11th graders are required to pass a US History Test.... The gift given would help these children to see what they are being taught....

Bully13
06-20-2017, 03:15 PM
Mr. Williams was big in the Grant Society. That's how he came in contact with MSU.

sounds like a great man. the kinda guy you would like to sit down and have a chat with over a cold one.

msbulldog
06-20-2017, 03:58 PM

2006 Pre-law society or club making him Jurist of the year, couple of years later invited him to give the commencement speech. BOOM! We have some people at MSU with long term thinking!

msbulldog
06-20-2017, 04:02 PM
This gift from the Williams' is a huge gift for the History Teachers in the area. NOW, if the Teachers will use the gift to benefits our children. The 11th graders are required to pass a US History Test.... The gift given would help these children to see what they are being taught....

You're so right Mimi, math and science are indispensable. History is so important, for us to learn from our mistakes and not make them again.

Crucifictorious
06-20-2017, 04:40 PM
Now THIS, "Is a Good Thing."

Bully13
06-20-2017, 04:57 PM
2006 Pre-law society or club making him Jurist of the year, couple of years later invited him to give the commencement speech. BOOM! We have some people at MSU with long term thinking!

that. kicks. total .... ASS.....

Bothrops
06-20-2017, 05:35 PM
wonder if UM will try to get the Jefferson Davis Presidential library to compete with us.[/QUOTE]

That library is already in Biloxi.

msbulldog
06-20-2017, 05:47 PM
wonder if UM will try to get the Jefferson Davis Presidential library to compete with us.

That library is already in Biloxi.[/QUOTE]

I think if smart thinking is in place, we would pursue the Jefferson Davis archives for our Library. This would make MSU's library the preeminent source for Civil War history!

Maroon Wizardry
06-20-2017, 07:12 PM
"It's a sophisticated ploy by a Yankee bastard. Make those fools at Miss St taunt them Rebs with their Grant and Lincoln colections.. Motivating the Rebs to gather John Brown, Fredrick Douglas, W T Sherman, Josh Chamberlain artifacts and turn Mississippi into a Yankee strong hold.. They'll be selling Bumper Stickers before long"

this made me laugh

Bully13
06-20-2017, 07:42 PM
Winning for us and sux for fredo.

IMissJack
06-20-2017, 07:46 PM
Thank Heavens we have progressive leadership at OUR University and aren't stuck in the 1800's like the idiots up north.

Pretty sure Grant and Lincoln are from the 1800's too!***

nsvltndog
06-20-2017, 10:21 PM
The library is an often forgotten place when it comes to Alumni donations. They do a great job with every cent that comes their way. I would recommend a library tour to anyone that hasn't been in there recently. It's very impressive.

LibraryDawg
06-21-2017, 10:28 AM

Judge Williams is the president of the US Grant association. He visits the library very often to speak. The dean has been asking for the collection for a number of years and Judge and Mrs and have finally obliged.

Political Hack
06-21-2017, 10:33 AM
That library is already in Biloxi.

I think if smart thinking is in place, we would pursue the Jefferson Davis archives for our Library. This would make MSU's library the preeminent source for Civil War history![/QUOTE]

haven't thought of that, but it really would. Could easily become the most prominent civil war museum in the south. I say we build a whole new library and use the one now as a civil war museum. Y'all get your checkbooks out.

Outside Dawg
06-21-2017, 11:08 AM
I think if smart thinking is in place, we would pursue the Jefferson Davis archives for our Library. This would make MSU's library the preeminent source for Civil War history!

haven't thought of that, but it really would. Could easily become the most prominent civil war museum in the south. I say we build a whole new library and use the one now as a civil war museum. Y'all get your checkbooks out.

That would be amazing.