PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to replace Ole Miss in the SEC poll?

Dawg61
06-20-2017, 01:38 PM
self explanatory, just vote for the school you want most. Has nothing to do with if it's possible just curious who everyone wants in the SEC if they could choose one school to replace Ole Miss.

delete this sorry, the poll expired before I got finished with it apparently, here's the options if a mod can fix please thanks

1. Virginia Tech
2. NCSU
3. North Carolina
4. West Virginia
5. Oklahoma
6. Oklahoma State
7. Kansas State
8. Virginia
9. Clemson
10. Nobody and drop Missouri leaving it at 12

Tbonewannabe
06-20-2017, 01:42 PM
NC State. UNC and Duke will never part for basketball reasons but I think NC State would love to get away from UNC similar to A&M and Texas. Could be added to the East and then move Mizzou to the West where they should be.

They are pretty good in baseball, football, and basketball so athletically they fit better than Mizzou. Also increases the SEC footprint.

Bullsy
06-20-2017, 01:43 PM
Tulane

drummerdawg
06-20-2017, 01:44 PM
Put Mizzou in the West to replace OM and then add NC State to the East.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-20-2017, 01:48 PM
Oklahoma, dad got his masters from there.

Tbonewannabe
06-20-2017, 01:48 PM
self explanatory, just vote for the school you want most. Has nothing to do with if it's possible just curious who everyone wants in the SEC if they could choose one school to replace Ole Miss.

delete this sorry, the poll expired before I got finished with it apparently, here's the options if a mod can fix please thanks

1. Virginia Tech
2. NCSU
3. North Carolina
4. West Virginia
5. Oklahoma
6. Oklahoma State
7. Kansas State
8. Virginia
9. Clemson

My first choice being NC State but my 2nd would be either Virginia Tech or one of the teams from Oklahoma.

Martianlander
06-20-2017, 01:52 PM
Briarcrest***

dawgday166
06-20-2017, 01:57 PM
These are stupid threads. Most of y'all want a cupcake OOC schedule so we can get to 8 wins, yet you want to replace OM with tougher SEC opponents SMH. I'm by no stretch of the imagination an OM fan, but these threads to kick teams out of the conference (OM, Missouri, Vandy, etc.) are just stupid.

Quaoarsking
06-20-2017, 01:58 PM
UCF. Make that writer in Orlando happy.

Tbonewannabe
06-20-2017, 02:06 PM
These are stupid threads. Most of y'all want a cupcake OOC schedule so we can get to 8 wins, yet you want to replace OM with tougher SEC opponents SMH. I'm by no stretch of the imagination an OM fan, but these threads to kick teams out of the conference (OM, Missouri, Vandy, etc.) are just stupid.

I think NC State would be a good swap strength wise and add to the SEC footprint. I wouldn't be too pumped if we added Oklahoma since it would be like adding another Auburn or LSU to the conference. I would prefer Ok St over Oklahoma or Virginia Tech which both would probably make it tougher in the SEC.

Liverpooldawg
06-20-2017, 02:36 PM
Oklahoma, dad got his masters from there.

I have heard a sitting SEC athletic director say that the SEC will most likely never take either of the OK teams, seperatly or together. They would not bring in enough new revenue to offset the adding of one or two more splits. The current schools would see a drop in their share. Now obviously that wouldn't apply if we kicked UM out and replaced them with one of them. It's nice to think about, but the SEC ain't kicking the Confederates out.

RocketDawg
06-20-2017, 02:47 PM
Virginia. Academics would skyrocket if OM was dropped and UVa added, plus major sports are mediocre at best. Might say UNC, but given the tricks they pulled for the past many years and are about to be hammered for, I don't think so. They're about as likely to be kicked out of the ACC as OM is to be kicked out of the SEC though.

sleepy dawg
06-20-2017, 03:13 PM
North Carolina.

sleepy dawg
06-20-2017, 03:14 PM
NC State. UNC and Duke will never part for basketball reasons but I think NC State would love to get away from UNC similar to A&M and Texas. Could be added to the East and then move Mizzou to the West where they should be.

They are pretty good in baseball, football, and basketball so athletically they fit better than Mizzou. Also increases the SEC footprint.

I guess you missed "Has nothing to do with if it's possible".

JoseBrown
06-20-2017, 03:20 PM
#1 or #10, but ruelly don't give a #17. Anybody but #39'n Lyinshits and I'm gruet!!

Dawg61
06-20-2017, 03:34 PM

I expect a thread like this to chap the ass of an Old Misses fan but I did not expect it to chap the ass of an MSU fan. Drink a coffee and eat a grilled cheese sandwich bud it'll be ok.

fader2103
06-20-2017, 03:43 PM
I think NC State would be the best option, but I rather see Tulane or another LA team

Ari Gold
06-20-2017, 03:45 PM
drop Mizzu no one gives a shit about the SEC in that state. Pick up Ga Tech have them in the east and , replace Umiss with TCU . Draw that Dallas / forth worth media area esp now with Dak blowing up ...

Reason2succeed
06-20-2017, 04:10 PM

Actually, this whole website is stupid!!! A bunch of grown men and a few women pontificating on sports at a college.***

Dude, lighten up and read the original post. If you do want to play THEN DON'T PLAY but it's like you walking into a
Pool hall and saying "playing billiards is stupid" or
golf course and saying "hitting a white ball long distances into a little hole is stupid"
Hunting grounds and saying "shooting defenseless animal is stupid".

No, it just makes you look "stupid".

Having gotten that off my chest my addition would be Notre Dame. (I know their not on the list but getting a chance to kick their arse every year would excite me.) On the list I would choose Clemson.

Turfdawg67
06-20-2017, 06:01 PM
Put Mizzou in the West to replace OM and then add NC State to the East.

I was gonna type this exact thing. I don't want Oklahoma... the West is brutal enough!

RocketDawg
06-20-2017, 06:30 PM
Actually, this whole website is stupid!!! A bunch of grown men and a few women pontificating on sports at a college.***

Dude, lighten up and read the original post. If you do want to play THEN DON'T PLAY but it's like you walking into a
Pool hall and saying "playing billiards is stupid" or
golf course and saying "hitting a white ball long distances into a little hole is stupid"
Hunting grounds and saying "shooting defenseless animal is stupid".

No, it just makes you look "stupid".

Having gotten that off my chest my addition would be Notre Dame. (I know their not on the list but getting a chance to kick their arse every year would excite me.) On the list I would choose Clemson.

Could Notre Dame be in two conferences ... SEC for football and ACC for basketball? That would be unprecedented I would think, but I suppose if any school could get away with it it would be them. I wouldn't mind having them but all the way or nothing.

parabrave
06-20-2017, 06:38 PM
FIU. So w can get a recruiting presence in Miami. Hey would you rather go to Miami or Raleigh every other year?

Dawg61
06-20-2017, 06:41 PM
Could Notre Dame be in two conferences ... SEC for football and ACC for basketball? That would be unprecedented I would think, but I suppose if any school could get away with it it would be them. I wouldn't mind having them but all the way or nothing.

They are still independent in football just have to play 5 ACC teams a year I think.

Mutt the Hoople
06-20-2017, 07:43 PM
SMU. Rich kids, but with real money. Easy win. Gives the SEC a presence in North Texas.

1bigdawg
06-20-2017, 07:50 PM
Texas - National footprint, but no way they come
NC State - Biggest major in NC with the biggest in state fan base.
Oklahoma - Not happy about adding this much strength, but they are a legit choice
Not UNC - Can't get rid of UNM for misbehaving and then take them.

Apoplectic
06-20-2017, 08:36 PM

1. Virginia Tech
2. NCSU
3. North Carolina
4. West Virginia
5. Oklahoma
6. Oklahoma State
7. Kansas State
8. Virginia
9. Clemson

Dump Missouri and pick up ncstate and va tech

Leeshouldveflanked
06-20-2017, 09:23 PM
Sewanee..... The Original University of the South.

Dawgpile
06-20-2017, 09:29 PM
I believe it's going to be Oklahoma. They're primed and ready to go. The SEC is going to withhold UMiss' conference payouts to cover the GOR issues.

Dawg61
06-20-2017, 09:58 PM
I believe it's going to be Oklahoma. They're primed and ready to go. The SEC is going to withhold UMiss' conference payouts to cover the GOR issues.

I can see this happening.

West
MSU
LSU
Bama
Arkansas
aTm
Missouri
Oklahoma
East
Florida
Kentucky
Tennessee
Georgia
Vandy
South Carolina
Auburn

dawgoneyall
06-20-2017, 10:40 PM
EMCC-Scooba.

Bulldogg31
06-20-2017, 11:09 PM
Clemson is the most SEC school in the country that's not in the SEC

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2017, 11:50 PM
SMU. Rich kids, but with real money. Easy win. Gives the SEC a presence in North Texas.

Uh, haven't we already seen what happens when that "real money" is in a "real conference"?

Todd4State
06-21-2017, 01:01 AM

Interesting idea. Notre Dame would never go for it. At least not until they lose their TV deal.

Todd4State
06-21-2017, 01:16 AM
I would go ahead and expand to 16 teams. I personally wouldn't drop Ole Miss, but if I did I would add Tulane because of their academic status. Here's what I would do:

Bear Bryant Division (Old SEC West)

SEC South
1. MSU
2. Ole Miss
3. Alabama
4. Auburn

SEC West

1. LSU
2. Arkansas
3. Texas A&M
4. Mizzou

Bob Neyland Division (Old SEC East)

SEC North

1. Tennessee
2. Vanderbilt
3. Kentucky
4. Virginia Tech

SEC East

1. Florida
2. Georgia
3. South Carolina
4. NC State

So, in football you play each team in your division, two teams in the opposite division- (SEC W/SEC N) and then (SEC E/SEC S), and then one team in each of the other divisions every year. The eighth game is a random game with the exception for tradition- Bama/UT and Auburn/Georgia play each other every season and those four teams do not get to play a random team.

The teams with the best records in the Bryant and Neyland divisions go to the championship game. Tie breakers based on head to head first, district record (SEC S/SEC W/SEC E/SEC N) second, division record third, overall record next, and finally BCS ranking.

The Federalist Engineer
06-21-2017, 01:37 AM
Why not by school:

(1) Oklahoma - they are too far away, shitty for travel, and get you a poor state with a population about the size of Mississippi
(2) NC State - they are not excellent in any sport, not horrible but not excellent...and, they have ZERO fans...have you met a NCSU fan?
(3) SMU - no fans and they can't recruit in texas for themselves, plus not good in any sport and don't play baseball...this is the Boss' school in Texas, not the People's school
(4) Oklahoma State - Stillwater sucks to drive to...when you live in Oklahoma and there is no nearby airport. Plus, MAJOR recruiting cheaters
(5) Clemson - they won the Football NC in the ACC, they are not going to rock the boat when they are in Nirvana as-is
(6) Duke - their fans think we are dirty, dangerous, uneducated, non-international travelling....basically Hillary's "Deplorables"
(7) North Carolina - Wont leave Duke and can't play football anyway
(8) Baylor - Rape
(9) Virginia Tech - Costy travel for non-revenue sports and no-traditional match-ups with SEC, like Mizzou 2.0
(10) Texas - They love lording over the Big 12 and a Veto for Texas A&M
(11) Tulane - No fanbase, no infastructure, and a horrible city location...probably an LSU veto
(12) Florida State - Great, who wants FSU in their division every year? And why would they move when they can make money and win Championships from ACC?

Now TCU, can't think of a "why not"...but, let's toss OM and just just stay at 13

1bigdawg
06-21-2017, 07:24 AM
Why not by school:

(1) Oklahoma - they are too far away, shitty for travel, and get you a poor state with a population about the size of Mississippi
(2) NC State - they are not excellent in any sport, not horrible but not excellent...and, they have ZERO fans...have you met a NCSU fan?
(3) SMU - no fans and they can't recruit in texas for themselves, plus not good in any sport and don't play baseball...this is the Boss' school in Texas, not the People's school
(4) Oklahoma State - Stillwater sucks to drive to...when you live in Oklahoma and there is no nearby airport. Plus, MAJOR recruiting cheaters
(5) Clemson - they won the Football NC in the ACC, they are not going to rock the boat when they are in Nirvana as-is
(6) Duke - their fans think we are dirty, dangerous, uneducated, non-international travelling....basically Hillary's "Deplorables"
(7) North Carolina - Wont leave Duke and can't play football anyway
(8) Baylor - Rape
(9) Virginia Tech - Costy travel for non-revenue sports and no-traditional match-ups with SEC, like Mizzou 2.0
(10) Texas - They love lording over the Big 12 and a Veto for Texas A&M
(11) Tulane - No fanbase, no infastructure, and a horrible city location...probably an LSU veto
(12) Florida State - Great, who wants FSU in their division every year? And why would they move when they can make money and win Championships from ACC?

Now TCU, can't think of a "why not"...but, let's toss OM and just just stay at 13

I run across a lot of die hard NC State fans.

The Federalist Engineer
06-21-2017, 07:31 PM
I run across a lot of die hard NC State fans.

NCSU is basically the Southern Miss of North Carolina...rich kids go to Davidson, really smart kids go to Wake Forest, smart kids go to Duke, and party kids go to UNC.

NCSU is like USM in Mississippi, Memphis State in Tennessee, Louisiana Tech in Louisiana, Texas Tech in Texas, UCF in Florida, UAB in Alabama

mcain31
06-21-2017, 07:34 PM
NCSU Wolfpack

RocketDawg
06-21-2017, 08:00 PM
NCSU is basically the Southern Miss of North Carolina...rich kids go to Davidson, really smart kids go to Wake Forest, smart kids go to Duke, and party kids go to UNC.

NCSU is like USM in Mississippi, Memphis State in Tennessee, Louisiana Tech in Louisiana, Texas Tech in Texas, UCF in Florida, UAB in Alabama

They're both really good schools, but I think I might reverse your order.

Dawgpile
06-21-2017, 11:30 PM
I can see this happening.

West
MSU
LSU
Bama
Arkansas
aTm
Missouri
Oklahoma
East
Florida
Kentucky
Tennessee
Georgia
Vandy
South Carolina
Auburn

Bama goes East. An acceptable balance swap, and Bama moves in with Tenn. Auburn becomes their crossover. Solves a major scheduling issue.