PDA

View Full Version : Grad Transfer Alert

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2017, 11:43 AM
Seems like a no brainer here.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/20/2016-starting-rt-brandon-hodges-announces-transfer-from-texas/

Brandon Hodges from Aberdeen.

Todd4State
06-20-2017, 12:12 PM
Toes are too small.**

Dawg61
06-20-2017, 12:20 PM
Let us know when he puts us in his final 3

Big4Dawg
06-20-2017, 12:21 PM
Please don't screw this ip Hev

Reason2succeed
06-20-2017, 12:29 PM
Let me just share some recovery wisdom for you. I was told that "Expectations are premeditated resentments."

You're just setting yourself up to be pissed again.

HSVDawg
06-20-2017, 12:33 PM
Hell will freeze over before we ever land a grad transfer.

How did this guy ever slip through the cracks to begin with? He's from Aberdeen, yet nobody has ever heard of him. Don't ever remember hearing his name on any lists of MS prospects from HS or JUCO.

Dawg61
06-20-2017, 12:35 PM
"Expectations are premeditated resentments.".

Love this, thanks for sharing

KentuckyDawg13
06-20-2017, 12:37 PM
MSU recruited him before.

Dawgology
06-20-2017, 01:01 PM
Seems like a no brainer here.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/20/2016-starting-rt-brandon-hodges-announces-transfer-from-texas/

Brandon Hodges from Aberdeen.

Headed to Ole Miss for their beautiful campus and the tailgating!!***

06-20-2017, 01:05 PM
http://247sports.com/Player/Brandon-Hodges-58854?Institution=23611

Recruited to Louisville by TBuck.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-20-2017, 01:06 PM
Hell will freeze over before we ever land a grad transfer.

How did this guy ever slip through the cracks to begin with? He's from Aberdeen, yet nobody has ever heard of him. Don't ever remember hearing his name on any lists of MS prospects from HS or JUCO.

Most people that keep up recruiting remember him from Juco. We signed the #1 Juco OT that year in Martinas Rankin & we were only looking for 1 Juco that class.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-20-2017, 01:08 PM
We've already reached out to him. DJ was his OL coach his Freshman year at EMCC. We have some ins & we need to seal the deal on this 1. He would take our OL from a question mark or solid unit to a potential good unit.

LT - Rankin
LG - Calhoun
C - Jenkins
RG - Williams
RT - Hodges

preachermatt83
06-20-2017, 01:19 PM
This would be big!!

Johnson85
06-20-2017, 01:21 PM
We've already reached out to him. DJ was his OL coach his Freshman year at EMCC. We have some ins & we need to seal the deal on this 1. He would take our OL from a question mark or solid unit to a potential good unit.

LT - Rankin
LG - Calhoun
C - Jenkins
RG - Williams
RT - Hodges

What's the story on him at Texas? Good player that's disgruntled? Solid player that is losing his spot to a more talented teammate? Or weak link that is losing hsi spot to a more talented teammate?

I think we should take him regardless; I'm just curious what kind of impact he would be.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-20-2017, 01:29 PM
What's the story on him at Texas? Good player that's disgruntled? Solid player that is losing his spot to a more talented teammate? Or weak link that is losing hsi spot to a more talented teammate?

I think we should take him regardless; I'm just curious what kind of impact he would be.

I'm not sure why he's leaving. He started 9 games at RT last year. He was the starting RT in spring practice then he missed the last couple weeks of spring practice & the spring game. They said he missed it to take care of academics but who knows. He's talented enough to come in & start at RT.

msstate7
06-20-2017, 01:30 PM

LT - Rankin
LG - Calhoun
C - Jenkins
RG - Williams
RT - Hodges

You like Williams over story? I thought story was ahead... granted, it was a guess.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-20-2017, 01:32 PM
You like Williams over story? I thought story was ahead... granted, it was a guess.

Williams started all spring at RG but it could be Williams, Story, Reese, or Champion & I wouldn't be surprised.

Irondawg
06-20-2017, 01:34 PM
If he missed the spring game due to academics how is he going to get past our grad school rules?

Ifyouonlyknew
06-20-2017, 01:37 PM
If he missed the spring game due to academics how is he going to get past our grad school rules?

Who knows if his grades are bad maybe he wanted to focus on graduating because he had tough classes. It was his 3rd spring at Texas so missing a couple weeks of spring practice isn't a big deal to him. He graduated so they couldn't have been that bad.

lamont
06-20-2017, 01:37 PM
As he said- Williams started all spring. Getting another OT that's ready to play is a game-changer for us

Tbonewannabe
06-20-2017, 01:45 PM
Getting a good RT could give us a possibility at 9 - 10 wins. I think with what we have the ceiling is probably 8 but he would give us a chance at 10.

CadaverDawg
06-20-2017, 02:06 PM
We have Hev....so we likely don't have Hodges

Y'all knew this post was coming

Tbonewannabe
06-20-2017, 02:07 PM
We have Hev....so we likely don't have Hodges

Y'all knew this post was coming

You could have gotten preacher to post this, not sure if your posts work the same.

CadaverDawg
06-20-2017, 02:14 PM
You could have gotten preacher to post this, not sure if your posts work the same.

Lol, I wasn't saying it for reverse jinx....I was saying it Bc it's true.

I seen it dawg
06-20-2017, 02:44 PM
His hands are too small

Jack Lambert
06-20-2017, 04:05 PM

Word of warning, what ever preacher says go with the other.

Bully13
06-20-2017, 05:09 PM

even he'll agree on that

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-22-2017, 10:48 AM
Bump...any updates?

starkvegasdawg
06-22-2017, 10:52 AM
We need to send him up oxford way wearing a wire and getting a wad of cash from RR and then come sign with us and meet with the NCAA.

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2017, 10:58 AM
Bump...any updates?

Things look good at this point.

We've made contact, he's looked at our depth chart, and we have a previous relationship with Looney.

He'll have options though, so nothing is in the bag.

msstate7
06-22-2017, 11:14 AM
Things look good at this point.

We've made contact, he's looked at our depth chart, and we have a previous relationship with Looney.

He'll have options though, so nothing is in the bag.

Is tenn or auburn involved? If yes, we fricked. If no, I like our chances

Ifyouonlyknew
06-22-2017, 11:35 AM
As long as he meets the grad school requirements I like our chances.

msstate7
06-22-2017, 11:40 AM
Anyone familiar with texas' blocking scheme last year? If not zone, how long would it take to adjust?

preachermatt83
06-22-2017, 11:42 AM

Agreed!!

preachermatt83
06-22-2017, 11:43 AM
even he'll agree on that

Haha!! Yup!!

Ifyouonlyknew
06-22-2017, 11:48 AM
Anyone familiar with texas' blocking scheme last year? If not zone, how long would it take to adjust?

Herman worked under Urban Meyer so you would have to think he'd be pretty familiar with the basic scheme.

Dallas_Dawg
06-22-2017, 11:52 AM
Herman worked under Urban Meyer so you would have to think he'd be pretty familiar with the basic scheme.

Pretty sure Charlie Strong was there last year. Anything learned from Herman would have been from spring practice.

Dawg61
06-22-2017, 11:55 AM
As long as he meets the grad school requirements I like our chances.

Wait, our grad school requirements might actually **** up our chances of finally landing an OL grad transfer that will start? You gotta be shitting me

Big4Dawg
06-22-2017, 12:03 PM
I read in an interview on 247 that he likes Looney, likes Hevesy, and he's knows about our depth chart.

Bully13
06-22-2017, 12:05 PM
Wait, our grad school requirements might actually **** up our chances of finally landing an OL grad transfer that will start? You gotta be shitting me

yep. IFYOK, please elaborate. our grad school requirements are more difficult than others?

Paul Jones
06-22-2017, 12:22 PM
"My relationship with Coach Looney has always been good," said Hodges. "He's a guy that has always looked out for me and had my best interests in mind. I've known Coach Hevesy for awhile, too, and we've got a good relationship, too. He talked to me when I was in high school but I was too small at that point to play at that level. But then he offered me when I was in junior college. Of course, Mississippi State is definitely an option because it's my home state," said Hodges. "I've looked at their depth chart and they have a freshman starting at right tackle. So it's a program that I feel I can be an impact player."

That quote sounds familiar to me

Big4Dawg
06-22-2017, 12:28 PM
That quote sounds familiar to me

Sorry - made an edit

msbulldog
06-22-2017, 12:49 PM
yep. IFYOK, please elaborate. our grad school requirements are more difficult than others?

Don't know if their tougher than others, but our grad schools require a 2.75 overall GPA. I understand this has been an issue with some transfers.

Ari Gold
06-22-2017, 01:53 PM
Dad wants him close to home.. I like our chances.

BeardoMSU
06-22-2017, 02:06 PM
Dad wants him close to home.. I like our chances.

Sweet. If we pull this off, how big of an impact would this be for our o-line? I know it'd be significant, but just how much?

RocketDawg
06-22-2017, 02:10 PM
Don't know if their tougher than others, but our grad schools require a 2.75 overall GPA. I understand this has been an issue with some transfers.

I suspect Texas is at least that tough. It's very hard to get into, undergrad or grad.

msstate7
06-22-2017, 02:38 PM
Sweet. If we pull this off, how big of an impact would this be for our o-line? I know it'd be significant, but just how much?

Fitz wins Heisman.
We win natty.
Mullen gets an NFL job.
Hev is new miss state HC.
Gonzalez new OC

Tbonewannabe
06-22-2017, 02:48 PM
Fitz wins Heisman.
We win natty.
Mullen gets an NFL job.
Gonzalez new OC

I would take that shit for a National Title and Heisman.

BeardoMSU
06-22-2017, 02:52 PM
Fitz wins Heisman.
We win natty.
Mullen gets an NFL job.
Gonzalez new OC
And I'll be a negative-Nancy through it all

FIFY**

msstate7
06-22-2017, 03:07 PM
FIFY**

Championship game was way too close

Dawg61
06-22-2017, 03:16 PM
I would take that shit for a National Title and Heisman.

I'd hand sew Hevesy a Borat swimsuit with Adidas logo to wear for every game he is coaching if it meant we get a Natty finally.

HoopsDawg
06-22-2017, 03:18 PM

Well, he would be our starter at RT so that's pretty big. He would also allow Reese to possibly slide down and start at RG. So it could make us better at 2 positions.

HSVDawg
06-22-2017, 03:44 PM
I suspect Texas is at least that tough. It's very hard to get into, undergrad or grad.

Well that could be the whole reason he is transferring to begin with. It was mentioned to be possibly related to academics even though he graduated. If he couldn't get into their grad program, he would be ineligible to play there as a 5th year senior since he is already done with undergrad.

RocketDawg
06-22-2017, 03:48 PM
Well that could be the whole reason he is transferring to begin with. It was mentioned to be possibly related to academics even though he graduated. If he couldn't get into their grad program, he would be ineligible to play there as a 5th year senior since he is already done with undergrad.

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind too.

Gotta ask ... why is everybody so excited about getting him? Texas hasn't done all that well in recent years.

Paul Jones
06-22-2017, 03:55 PM
Sorry - made an edit

Appreciate it

HSVDawg
06-22-2017, 03:55 PM

Gotta ask ... why is everybody so excited about getting him? Texas hasn't done all that well in recent years.

He's a Power 5 starter at probably our biggest position need. He may not be elite but he gives us a lot less uncertainty up front for the upcoming season. The worst that could happen is he ends up being added depth even if he doesn't win the starting job. Besides from all that, I don't know that UT's struggles have really been OL related. They have mostly been due to terrible defense.

somebodyshotmypaw
06-22-2017, 04:11 PM
Why do we keep taking all of these high caliber offensive linemen? We are stockpiling them like cord wood. Too much depth means someone will transfer out.

Is that enough sarcasterisks?

Dawg61
06-22-2017, 04:25 PM

Cause he has the magical words "starting Offensive Lineman for Texas" on his resume

Reason2succeed
06-22-2017, 04:49 PM

If he can start at any other P5 school we figure he can start here because of our bad OL recruiting. Also, Texas has a good running game with D'Onta Foreman a RB who went pro in his junior year.

Johnson85
06-22-2017, 04:50 PM

We have a huge question mark at one Tackle position and getting a starting tackle from even a 5-7 Texas team is likely to provide at worst, a functional back-up right tackle. (remember not having a functional left tackle two years ago? It sort of sucked, so I'll be happy to have at least one more functional tackle)