PDA

View Full Version : Key to a championship

1bigdawg
06-20-2017, 09:35 AM
Defense may win ballgames, but in the last seven years, the lowest average points in SEC games for the champ was 31.1points/game. The average for the champ over those seven years was 36.2.

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Study-Common-factors-in-the-last-7-SEC-champions

We averaged 28.4 in 2016. We need the D to step up, but we also need the offense to improve. Against Auburn, Alabama and LSU, we averaged 12.3. Maybe we can afford one game like that, but not three.

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2017, 10:09 AM
Now that we cannot run a 160 lbs rb up the middle, we may get to 31.1.

Tbonewannabe
06-20-2017, 10:17 AM
Now that we cannot run a 160 lbs rb up the middle, we may get to 31.1.

Must have had rocks in his shoes that day he weighed 160.

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2017, 10:19 AM
I wouldn't put it past mullen to find an equally annoying play call this season. We should all take bets on what that play call will be.
He tends to lean toward undersized RB running up the middle. LP and BH come to mind.

Political Hack
06-20-2017, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't put it past mullen to find an equally annoying play call this season. We should all take bets on what that play call will be.
He tends to lean toward undersized RB running up the middle. LP and BH come to mind.

The read option give. To save Fitz he'll run the read option, but it'll be an automatic hand off despite the read. We'll all yell at Fitz, but it'll be called that way.

Tbonewannabe
06-20-2017, 10:22 AM

Unfortunately LP bulked up his senior year to take those carries but all it did was negate his speed to the outside. If he would have stayed at 170-180 lbs then he was fast on the outside.

Tbonewannabe
06-20-2017, 10:24 AM
The read option give. To save Fitz he'll run the read option, but it'll be an automatic hand off despite the read. We'll all yell at Fitz, but it'll be called that way.

He did that with Dak but what we didn't know was Dak had hurt ribs. That is one reason that I don't mind KT getting some reps early to take some of those hits especially in OOC games.

fader2103
06-20-2017, 11:10 AM

Spider 2 Y Banana