PDA

View Full Version : Demolition at the Dude

BrunswickDawg
06-19-2017, 04:00 PM
I'm on campus for Orientation for my daughter and wandered over to get some pics. Makes me sad and excited to see it moving forward.

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo8/BrunswickDawg/IMG_0930_zpshgmxrtqg.jpg (http://s356.photobucket.com/user/BrunswickDawg/media/IMG_0930_zpshgmxrtqg.jpg.html)
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo8/BrunswickDawg/IMG_0931_zpsam36sowj.jpg (http://s356.photobucket.com/user/BrunswickDawg/media/IMG_0931_zpsam36sowj.jpg.html)
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo8/BrunswickDawg/IMG_0933_zpsfsyrtmvj.jpg (http://s356.photobucket.com/user/BrunswickDawg/media/IMG_0933_zpsfsyrtmvj.jpg.html)

Political Hack
06-19-2017, 04:30 PM
I'm nervous.

Coldsleeve Jr.
06-19-2017, 04:35 PM
Was the scoreboard taken down or just not in frame?

Todd4State
06-19-2017, 04:37 PM
Scoreboard is staying. It is technically the first "part" of the new stadium.

Todd4State
06-19-2017, 04:38 PM
I'm nervous.

I would be nervous if I was the guy still sitting in the grandstand under the John Grisham donated scoreboard.

Coldsleeve Jr.
06-19-2017, 04:43 PM
Guess I never realized how far back from the fence the new scoreboard sat.

BrunswickDawg
06-19-2017, 04:44 PM
Was the scoreboard taken down or just not in frame?

Just wasn't in the frame. I hadn't seen it. It's massive and way further back from the field than the old board

Political Hack
06-19-2017, 05:26 PM
I can't help but feel like we're ripping Wrigley apart.

Commercecomet24
06-19-2017, 05:31 PM

I'm torn. I'm excited about the new Dude but like you said feel like we are tearing down Wrigley too! The older I get the more nostalgic I get. I think we'll all feel better once the construction is complete and we see the finished product.

Political Hack
06-19-2017, 05:33 PM
I'm torn. I'm excited about the new Dude but like you said feel like we are tearing down Wrigley too! The older I get the more nostalgic I get. I think we'll all feel better once the construction is complete and we see the finished product.

If the LFL maintains its character I'll be beyond happy. The grandstand and entrances needed to be upgraded, but there's a huge part of me that wants them to just let the LFL be. I love taking baseball fans out there that have never been. And without fail, 100% of them leave saying it's the best baseball game experience they've ever had. That's a lot to risk.

Todd4State
06-19-2017, 05:35 PM

To me this is no different than when we upgraded in 1987.

They renovated Wrigley a few years ago too.

Skydawg1
06-19-2017, 05:48 PM
So I see the chairbacks have been removed. Are they really going to reuse the same seats in the new grandstand like we've heard they might do??

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-19-2017, 05:52 PM
So I see the chairbacks have been removed. Are they really going to reuse the same seats in the new grandstand like we've heard they might do??

I have heard they will be used at other venues across campus. Not sure where.

Liverpooldawg
06-19-2017, 05:54 PM
Unfortunately "risk" is why they are doing what they are doing to the LFL. It's the times we live in.

Liverpooldawg
06-19-2017, 05:55 PM

Same here.

Skydawg1
06-19-2017, 05:56 PM
I have heard they will be used at other venues across campus. Not sure where.Interesting.

RocketDawg
06-19-2017, 05:57 PM

They could put them in the football stadium.

Mjoelner34
06-19-2017, 06:18 PM
Unfortunately "risk" is why they are doing what they are doing to the LFL. It's the times we live in.

That's the common line but not the correct line per the person that wrote the liability policy for the university. It's more about $$$$$. We wanted to keep our same spot in centerfield but were informed it had been sold so we were moved over several spots.

Dawgbite
06-19-2017, 06:24 PM
Interesting.

To the west side 300 level at DWS. You will see a lot more chair backs up there next year.

State82
06-19-2017, 06:25 PM
I'm really hoping for a construction cam so we can monitor it like we were able to do for the Davis Wade renovation

msbulldog
06-19-2017, 06:36 PM
Hey guy's I started going to MSU baseball games as a freshman in 1973. We first sat on blankets with coolers alongside. A couple of seasons later we started pulling cars up and we sat on car hoods, coolers in the trunk. I was really excited when Polkie bitched and moaned and raised enough money to build the old girl. I have enjoyed many, many good times in LFL, thanks to some friends who were the first in line for their spot. Some of ya'll may remember my friend David Cook.
The point I want to make is that we have been through many transitions and the only constant is US, the fans!
We are starting something new, but one thing will always remain with us is the love for MSU!

Turfdawg67
06-19-2017, 06:37 PM
It's a little like my recent trip to Suntrust Park... it's great and all but so was Turner Field. Was this necessary??

ScoobaDawg
06-19-2017, 06:49 PM
That's the common line but not the correct line per the person that wrote the liability policy for the university. It's more about $$$$$. We wanted to keep our same spot in centerfield but were informed it had been sold so we were moved over several spots.

That's not good..LFL spots should have been renewed in the same exact spots..I thought that was the agreement.. that would piss me off.

I'm really hoping for a construction cam so we can monitor it like we were able to do for the Davis Wade renovation

I agree... get it up asap...

Mjoelner34
06-19-2017, 07:17 PM
That's not good..LFL spots should have been renewed in the same exact spots..I thought that was the agreement.. that would piss me off.

I agree... get it up asap...

There was going to have to be some movement since each spot is now reduced to 8' X 16' in the front row and 8' X 20' in the back row and all jammed together sharing common sides. It just upset us when we were told that our spot was 'sold' even though we re-upped and requested to stay where we were.

I hope they put up a webcam too like another poster mentioned. If they don't, I'll try to drop by every Sunday and snap a few pics to put on the board. It won't be any trouble. I live about 5 minutes from there.

bulldogcountry1
06-19-2017, 08:44 PM

Yeah, we need to make sure they do it right.

Bobby Ricigliano
06-19-2017, 09:40 PM
They'll never be finished in time.

Yeah, we need to make sure they do it right.

dawgoneyall
06-19-2017, 10:39 PM
There was going to have to be some movement since each spot is now reduced to 8' X 16' in the front row and 8' X 20' in the back row and all jammed together sharing common sides. It just upset us when we were told that our spot was 'sold' even though we re-upped and requested to stay where we were.

I hope they put up a webcam too like another poster mentioned. If they don't, I'll try to drop by every Sunday and snap a few pics to put on the board. It won't be any trouble. I live about 5 minutes from there.

MSU will 17up a one car funeral. That is what we do.

The death of the LFL is beyond insane. But progresss....sure.

3rdGen
06-19-2017, 11:14 PM
Man I'm gonna miss those aluminum bleachers. Last time I drank wiskey in them was the super with Arizona. I remember we had it and then we didn't, a lot was lost in between to the whiskey neat. I think that dude with the Mohawk looking hair cut slammed one over the right field wall close to the old scoreboard. Hit the bottle and walked to the car. Can't wait to see the new stadium. Wild times to be a STATE fan boys! Enjoy it.

Todd4State
06-19-2017, 11:28 PM
The only things I don't understand about the new stadium construction- keeping the front row of seats. Why? It seems more expensive to do so and unnecessary.

The second is the berms. Why not just go ahead and put chairbacks in from foul line to foul line? Especially if that is the long range plan anyway. If we really want berms then put them behind the first and third base side by where the second level of the stadium ends. That way you get more capacity for a SR or SBW when we need it and it's more feasible for everyone to have a seat during a regular game.

AusTexDawg
06-20-2017, 10:20 AM
The only things I don't understand about the new stadium construction- keeping the front row of seats. Why? It seems more expensive to do so and unnecessary.

The second is the berms. Why not just go ahead and put chairbacks in from foul line to foul line? Especially if that is the long range plan anyway. If we really want berms then put them behind the first and third base side by where the second level of the stadium ends. That way you get more capacity for a SR or SBW when we need it and it's more feasible for everyone to have a seat during a regular game.

^This

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2017, 10:33 AM
MSU will 17up a one car funeral. That is what we do.

The death of the LFL is beyond insane. But progresss....sure.

Not really sure what to say about LFL. I love seeing it on the tv and in person. Love the smoke billowing over the fence.
Hope they do not destroy it, but only a old few bulldogs got to enjoy it anyways. Everyone else was seen as a moocher, and looked down upon. Never really sat right with me. Doesn't seem what that thing should be about, but given I wasn't the one buying the food and paying for the setup.
With all that being said, I hope they do not destroy the atmosphere, but I am sure it will change it and some will be ticked.