PDA

View Full Version : A simple show of hands and please be honest.

AlSwearengen
09-15-2013, 07:40 AM
I am trying to work this out myself and try to decide if my way of thinking has been right or wrong. Without commenting, state your position on the ok. st. game. Did you think we should have played that game before and in hindsight, do you still think it was a good idea? I'll start.

No/No

Political Hack
09-15-2013, 07:45 AM
Weeks before it was announced: Against it
After it was announced: Against it.
After the game: Against it.
Ten years from now: Against it (assuming we're not preseason top 5).

DownwardDawg
09-15-2013, 07:50 AM
No and No. It was a stupid mistake by an incompetent AD. I've said it 100 times since last season, we were 0-1 the second we scheduled it. It drew 35,000 fans to the game. Yippee!!!

Dawgface
09-15-2013, 07:57 AM
no/no

maroonmania
09-15-2013, 08:02 AM
No and No. I knew even with the good start last year that we weren't ready as a program to take on an OOC game like that and risk not even breaking even and making a bowl game. The SEC West is just too tough. And last night shows just how hard it is for us to find SEC wins. Auburn and Arkansas are still recovering. If we can't beat Auburn this year it won't get any easier going forward.

MetEdDawg
09-15-2013, 08:09 AM
and right now after having played it I'm about 50/50 on whether we should have. It's going to do us damage this year if we miss a bowl game, but if we can salvage a 6-6 year, I think it will have been worth it because it will have seriously helped our young guys who played in the game and are the future of the program. The bright lights aren't going to scare those kids in the future.

notsofarawaydawg
09-15-2013, 08:32 AM
Yes/Yes

I seen it dawg
09-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Hack is gonna be right somewhat bc we aren't gonna bowl unless Dan becomes something he isn't. Which is better. That being said this season will allow us to get these young guys(Dak) ready for an easier schedule next year. Even though Dan will not make us maximize it.

I'm pissed we aren't gonna bowl but I'm not convinced we would have anyway with Dan leading us. So I'm 50/50 which I was 100% before season bc I believed.