PDA

View Full Version : LSU is damn good, but boy do they live a charmed life.

MaroonFlounder
06-17-2017, 10:00 PM
Florida state crumbles with 5 outs to get and a 1 run lead.

Skydawg1
06-17-2017, 10:06 PM
Florida state crumbles with 5 outs to get and a 1 run lead.Thank God OSU came back to beat Fullerton or LSU would have a gift-wrapped ticket to the finals.

MarketingBully
06-17-2017, 10:07 PM
Same part of the lineup that came up against us in the eighth with a 3-0 lead. Same result LSU left with a 1 run lead. FSU took their pitcher out one batter too late IMO. If we were only up one run, we would have probably started the inning with Self last weekend and it would have been a different result.

Bothrops
06-18-2017, 12:41 AM
Oregon State is similar to LSU, but if LSU gets by the Beavs, this thing is over.

MarketingBully
06-18-2017, 01:12 AM
Oregon State is similar to LSU, but if LSU gets by the Beavs, this thing is over.

I think TCU would give them a run for their money. Hell, FSU should have beat them.

Todd4State
06-18-2017, 01:40 AM
I think some of their luck is because they have those seniors. I think everyone of the four guys that returned contributed for them in a big way except for maybe Robertson. More mature players has to be an advantage in that environment.

I type this not knowing what FSU's team looks like in terms of experience but I would be surprised if they had as much or more than LSU.

Todd4State
06-18-2017, 01:41 AM
Same part of the lineup that came up against us in the eighth with a 3-0 lead. Same result LSU left with a 1 run lead. FSU took their pitcher out one batter too late IMO. If we were only up one run, we would have probably started the inning with Self last weekend and it would have been a different result.

I think FSU just imploded. They started throwing the ball around the park in the 8th inning and that killed them. That's not totally on the pitcher.

VandelayIndustries
06-18-2017, 07:17 AM
LSU is winning it all, I've never seen a team catch every freaking break

msstate7
06-18-2017, 07:23 AM
PM made a great call going to poche. That call gave them a chance to win it late

AROB44
06-18-2017, 08:23 AM
FSU = Choke University

msbulldog
06-18-2017, 08:55 AM
PM made a great call going to poche. That call gave them a chance to win it late

Man I was shocked, I looked up and there was Poche on the mound. My first thought was WTH, but after I thought about it was a pretty smart move. Winning they don't play again till Monday, they have their Sunday starter (Wallace?) left and with Poche pitching only 3 innings he could be available in late innings Monday. They win Monday and they're in the drivers seat and only used 3 pitchers, who could come back. I like LSU's chances, at least we will be able to say that we were knocked out by the National Champion, maybe.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-18-2017, 09:17 AM

That Louisville team isn't too bad either. But you are right. If LSU beats the Fightin' OSU Hugh Freezes on Monday, then they are in the championship series.

WSOPdawg
06-18-2017, 09:23 AM
Man I was shocked, I looked up and there was Poche on the mound. My first thought was WTH, but after I thought about it was a pretty smart move. Winning they don't play again till Monday, they have their Sunday starter (Wallace?) left and with Poche pitching only 3 innings he could be available in late innings Monday. They win Monday and they're in the drivers seat and only used 3 pitchers, who could come back. I like LSU's chances, at least we will be able to say that we were knocked out by the National Champion, maybe.

The way the college world series is strung out, it really is pitcher-friendly and allows a team's best pitchers to be used to the max. 17'n Maineiri's Tigers now can come back with their #3 and Poche (again) on Monday and by Wed or Thursday, they've got Lange ready to go again.

As much as i hate Tree Huggers, I'll say it... Let's go Beavers!!!

basedog
06-18-2017, 09:26 AM
FSU = Choke University

Exactly, same ole same ole, they will be gone after CS Fullerton beats them.

Btw, I heard Fsu has won 40 games or more for 40 straight years, Martin has 38 of the 40 straight. Of course they haven't had Sec type competition in a lot of those years but still......

Activated Alpha
06-18-2017, 09:34 AM

**** the cajun cousins.....