PDA

View Full Version : Watching a replay of last year's Mass game on CST. Two things:

dotcomdawg
06-17-2017, 05:33 PM
1.) These announcers were a joke, and 100% UMass homers
2.) Our defense was even worse than I remember. Looking forward to some Grantham ball

MarketingBully
06-17-2017, 06:32 PM
Sirmon was in way over his head. Louisville just got the biggest shit sandwhich swap in the history of college football.

Bulldogg31
06-17-2017, 06:57 PM
I can't remember a game last year where the defense looked prepared other than perhaps the Egg Bowl.

BeardoMSU
06-17-2017, 07:03 PM
Louisville just got the biggest shit sandwhich swap in the history of college football.

No shit. What were they thinking?

Our defense was a hot garbage last year. Starting at kickoff, our D basically lined up like circus seals and sucked every dick put in front of them for 60 minutes. With the juco additions we just got, and a proven coordinator, I'm expecting a huge jump.

Homedawg
06-17-2017, 08:13 PM
I can't remember a game last year where the defense looked prepared other than perhaps the Egg Bowl.

Your memory is short. The egg bowl we didn't look prepared either. They scored 20 in the first half and threw a pick in our end zone. We we bad all year. Egg bowl included except for a drive or two.

Bulldogg31
06-17-2017, 09:30 PM
Your memory is short. The egg bowl we didn't look prepared either. They scored 20 in the first half and threw a pick in our end zone. We we bad all year. Egg bowl included except for a drive or two.

You're right. If they'd been full strength we might have had our hands full. How Sirmon got another P5 job I'll never know.

raymond21
06-17-2017, 09:38 PM
May be the worst D1 football game I've ever seen.

MagicDawg
06-17-2017, 09:41 PM
I don't know. Auburn 3 - State 2 is still worse in my opinion.

Bothrops
06-18-2017, 12:34 AM

There was at least effort on our defense in that game. There was no effort given against Arkansas. Jackson Academy would have nearly duplicated our numbers that night on defense. There was effort put forth against SC and A&M, which is quite odd when you consider lesser opponents' had LOS domination over us at times throughout the season.

Offshore Dawg
06-18-2017, 08:35 AM
I am hoping that the defense this year will be able to get some 3 and outs. The offense needs more chances and I hope that they will get them this year.

BuckyIsAB****
06-18-2017, 10:08 AM
Only State would have to go play a game at UMass. There will never be another SEC team that plays at UMass. You can bet your ass on that. I think that was an emergency game for us bc of Tulane backing out but still. I would prefer that game never be spoken of ever again

Liverpooldawg
06-18-2017, 10:15 AM
May be the worst D1 football game I've ever seen.

Didn't hold a candle the 11-11 tie in Little Rock several years ago.

LC Dawg
06-18-2017, 10:36 AM
Luckily the Ole Miss defense was even worse than ours. Credit has to be given to our defensive players for their effort in the Egg Bowl because they knew they were receiving shitty coaching and they could have given up on the season. I choose to watch replays of the Egg Bowl, not the UMASS game.

BuckyIsAB****
06-18-2017, 11:27 AM
The 4th down stop in the Egg Bowl was huge in that game

Bully13
06-18-2017, 12:31 PM
1.) These announcers were a joke, and 100% UMass homers
2.) Our defense was even worse than I remember. Looking forward to some Grantham ball

I'll add a 3rd. We should have routed this team with our 3rd string DC be damned. No excuse for that turd we laid up there. Mullen had no bidness having a Croom / Maine game this deep into his tenure at MSU.

BuckyIsAB****
06-18-2017, 01:47 PM
I'll add a 3rd. We should have routed this team with our 3rd string DC be damned. No excuse for that turd we laid up there. Mullen had no bidness having a Croom / Maine game this deep into his tenure at MSU.

He had it a few weeks before the umass game

Tbonewannabe
06-18-2017, 02:49 PM
Only State would have to go play a game at UMass. There will never be another SEC team that plays at UMass. You can bet your ass on that. I think that was an emergency game for us bc of Tulane backing out but still. I would prefer that game never be spoken of ever again

I didn't mind it since it was at the Patriots stadium and it was a good trip to Boston.