PDA

View Full Version : I think if Ole Miss only had two or three Level I violation.....

Jack Lambert
06-16-2017, 08:52 PM
Then I could understand their optimism but shit how can their fan base think they are getting off easy with all the violations they have? They think that they will be able to sue their way out of it? They cannot make those violations go away. They say we are delusional thinking they will get hammered. The guy who lives across the street from me is one of them who thinks they are going to get away easy and Miss State will be the school that gets taking down. He really believes it. My son and I sit around and laugh at him. He is going to have a hard time going to sleep one night in the very near future when the hammer does drop.

Dawgowar
06-16-2017, 09:03 PM
We were behaving similarly pre-NCAA verdict. Except us being good MSU fans thought we would get worse than we did. We blamed UNM and their network. Rightfully so in our case. We got dinged with what? One major infraction and a minimal probation. Never mind the shit show JWS and his staff became those last three seasons (that was UNM's real crime on us, the three years of innuendo and unproven major violations)

They did not get dinged once. We got Croom and Henig, they got the Cotton Bowl.

Same thing is about to happen to them that happened to us. The best part, they brought the thunder down on themselves.

bdfan09
06-16-2017, 09:05 PM
They don't think that. They just run with whatever bullshit narrative comes from the top. If they would take a millisecond to stop and look at the facts, they would know they are royally 39'd!

Reason2succeed
06-16-2017, 09:53 PM
If they only had two or three...BUT THEY HAVE 21!!!!!!!!

And some were while the NCAA was on campus investigating!

They even ran the table on types of violations: academic fraud, recruiting inducements, improper benefits, LOIC, and failure to monitor. Was there any part of the rules they DIDN'T get caught breaking?!?

To add a cherry on top they now have a disassociated booster suing current SAs of a rival school who have been given immunity by the NCAA.

If you went to Bangladesh and laid out the facts of this case and asked the person what they anticipated the punish being I guarantee you they wouldn't say 9 over 3.

Ezsoil
06-16-2017, 09:56 PM
ULL got hammered for a fraction of what they have admitted to......

Then I could understand their optimism but shit how can their fan base think they are getting off easy with all the violations they have? They think that they will be able to sue their way out of it? They cannot make those violations go away. They say we are delusional thinking they will get hammered. The guy who lives across the street from me is one of them who thinks they are going to get away easy and Miss State will be the school that gets taking down. He really believes it. My son and I sit around and laugh at him. He is going to have a hard time going to sleep one night in the very near future when the hammer does drop.

MedDawg
06-16-2017, 11:10 PM
Thing is, even after OM gets hammered they are still going to feel ok for 2-3 years because they think State will get hammered even worse, especially if the RR case is still pending. Even if Mullen states it clearly that we are not under investigation, they will just think he's lying. I doubt the NCAA will proclaim publicly "We are not investigating Mississippi State and the issue is closed."

Homedawg
06-16-2017, 11:28 PM
We were behaving similarly pre-NCAA verdict. Except us being good MSU fans thought we would get worse than we did. We blamed UNM and their network. Rightfully so in our case. We got dinged with what? One major infraction and a minimal probation. Never mind the shit show JWS and his staff became those last three seasons (that was UNM's real crime on us, the three years of innuendo and unproven major violations)

They did not get dinged once. We got Croom and Henig, they got the Cotton Bowl.

Same thing is about to happen to them that happened to us. The best part, they brought the thunder down on themselves.

With that said, it reminds me - how did we get on probation? Chris spencer, who signed with ole miss said we offered him a house. Doug buckles,who signed w them, said we gave him an extra $20 and we set him up with a former player.....how quickly people forget

BeardoMSU
06-17-2017, 12:22 AM
There is a phrase for this condition, Jack: it's called "Donkey Brains".

https://68.media.tumblr.com/3dbce18b2010d960390d829480dce99f/tumblr_misf10pJta1qg54dgo1_500.png

....and I'm sad to say, unless they have the proper state issued paperwork, we should assume the worst....

http://i.imgur.com/QiUOeRN.jpg

Dawgowar
06-17-2017, 05:23 AM
With that said, it reminds me - how did we get on probation? Chris spencer, who signed with ole miss said we offered him a house. Doug buckles,who signed w them, said we gave him an extra $20 and we set him up with a former player.....how quickly people forget

As I noted, their network. Next to Jerry Tarkanian there was no greater target of opportunity for the NCAA than JWS. They made outlandish allegations on him and the NCAA charged in. The tactic would not have been as effective against any other coach at the time. To their credit the NCAA avoids in-state pissing contests , even then. The NCAA hit us with a jab, not a knockout blow when all was said in done. The real suffering we endured came from the 3 years of pressure on the program while the rumors and investigation were running full speed.

Jackie lost the program under the pressure of the allegations. We in fact got 3 years of crap football before official sanctions were determined. 3-4 classes of talent that underachieved or behaved like idiots. Discipline on and off the field was crap.

That's why I am hoping UNM keeps digging in. They will piss off the NCAA further and also keep sliding in recruiting. Not a good formula for success when the COI meets. Two or more bad classes will be their senior and junior leadership (at best) when the probation ends. Couple that with diminished numbers and continued poor talent from the probation years - not gonna be fun for the Bears.

1bigdawg
06-17-2017, 06:34 AM
Thing is, even after OM gets hammered they are still going to feel ok for 2-3 years because they think State will get hammered even worse, especially if the RR case is still pending. Even if Mullen states it clearly that we are not under investigation, they will just think he's lying. I doubt the NCAA will proclaim publicly "We are not investigating Mississippi State and the issue is closed."

Of course they will think Mullen is lying because that is what they would do and did.

msbulldog
06-17-2017, 07:31 AM

Doug Buckles was on Out of Bounds earlier this week and said that MSU was charged and penalized for him meeting former OL Randy Thomas at a restaurant, a introduction that lasted 8 seconds. He didn't say he was given $20 or that MSU was charged with giving him $20, it was strictly the introduction. The introduction happened while Buckles and his parents had dinner with JWS and Jerry Fremin at a event for recruits and Thomas came over to say hello to JWS and Fremin.

Mimi's Babies
06-17-2017, 08:16 AM

They even ran the table on types of violations: academic fraud, recruiting inducements, improper benefits, LOIC, and failure to monitor. Was there any part of the rules they DIDN'T get caught breaking?!?

To add a cherry on top they now have a disassociated booster suing current SAs of a rival school who have been given immunity by the NCAA.

If you went to Bangladesh and laid out the facts of this case and asked the person what they anticipated the punish being I guarantee you they wouldn't say 9 over 3.

BF is on administrative leave and "another coach" has picked up the slack.... Remember New Hope High School incident? According to people there, the throwing of the MSU hat was orchestrated by an OM coach.... Dang.... how many times does a coach VISIT a high school to make sure the kid "gets the grades"?

Bucky Dog
06-17-2017, 08:18 AM

But, the NCAA, State and Dan Mullen all orchestrated and colluded together to bring OM down for the sole reasons that Mullen couldn't take them winning, and the NCAA needed someone to pick on to regain its authority!****

They will sue everybody because they can and it makes them feel tough, and bring the NCAA down and State and others will be the ones suffering in the end. C'mon man!***