PDA

View Full Version : Any Lou Reed and Joe Walsh fans

parabrave
06-16-2017, 01:10 AM
What are their best albums according to you. Rock and Roll Animal for Lou and The Smoker you drink the player you get for Joe Walsh, James Gang Version are mine.

Prediction? Pain.
06-16-2017, 08:34 AM
I never really got into Lou Reed's solo stuff for some reason, but I'm a big fan of the Velvet Underground. If that counts, my favorite among their four records -- all of which I like -- is probably the self-titled third album. The first album is awesome too, and but for Nico's inclusion, it may be my favorite. I've just never been a fan of her voice. (That's actually a massive understatement -- I can't stand her voice. For me, it essentially ruined three otherwise great songs.)

Joe Walsh's stuff has never been my bag, so I don't have any input on that front.

BeardoMSU
06-17-2017, 12:28 AM
Lou is one of my favs. Sweet Jane, The Gun, and Perfect Day are just a few of the songs I listen to literally every day.

Bully13
06-17-2017, 01:19 AM
Lou is one of my favs. Sweet Jane, The Gun, and Perfect Day are just a few of the songs I listen to literally every day.

Me too BeardoMSU. Bought several velvet underground albums back in.80s. Sweet Jane is one of the few songs I can play on the guitar. I remember heroin was one I liked as well. Trying to remember more.