PDA

View Full Version : Bryson Hutchinson

The Federalist Engineer
06-15-2017, 09:05 AM
http://www.amazinavenue.com/2017/6/12/15781422/mets-2017-mlb-draft-pick-tracker-picks-new-york-prospects-minor-league

Here is the draft tracker for Met Draftee's

louisvilledawg
06-15-2017, 09:42 AM
Hope he doesn't go. I know he'll probably be offered more than the $125,000 from the slot, but still, if he's a 12th rounder now he could be a top 1-5 rounder with some development.

missouridawg
06-15-2017, 09:47 AM
For kids who can afford travel ball, $125K isn't a ton of money. It ain't nothing to be ashamed of, but it ain't life changing either. Especially considering that Bryson will only see about $70K of it.

This isn't an easy decision at all.

notoriousdog
06-15-2017, 09:49 AM
For kids who can afford travel ball, $125K isn't a ton of money. It ain't nothing to be ashamed of, but it ain't life changing either. Especially considering that Bryson will only see about $70K of it.

This isn't an easy decision at all.

I hope he also knows that the $70k needs to last him about five years.

AlSwearengen
06-15-2017, 09:52 AM
Cannizaro as a hitting coach and Henderson as a pitching coach? With his physical abilities, he would really have to flop not to move into the first five rounds and that is being conservative.

Homedawg
06-15-2017, 09:56 AM
He's not going to get slot money. The nets have a ton to spend on him

msstate7
06-15-2017, 10:05 AM

Yep. Like the braves', they drafted a bunch of college seniors in bottom of top 10 rounds

Cary Hudson's little bro
06-15-2017, 10:07 AM
Hope he doesn't go. I know he'll probably be offered more than the $125,000 from the slot, but still, if he's a 12th rounder now he could be a top 1-5 rounder with some development.

EGG-SACT-LY - I agree with you.

The Federalist Engineer
06-15-2017, 10:37 AM

The Mets flipped Colin Holderman last year by offering $375K above slot - this was for a 10th rounder... they paid the College Seniors, $10K

MarketingBully
06-15-2017, 11:58 AM

Meh, if he is the shit, he can turn whatever they offer him out of high school and triple it by going to school in three years and be on a quicker trajectory to the pros. If he doesn't get paid between $1.2-$1.5 million he should come to school.

MarketingBully
06-15-2017, 12:02 PM
Yep. Like the braves', they drafted a bunch of college seniors in bottom of top 10 rounds

Pilk is going to be in the Pros before Austin Riley and have a higher bonus then Austin Riley by going to school for three years. Now do I blame Riley for taking $1.5 million? Nope but if he would have gone to school for three years he would be a sure fire first round pick and at least double his signing bonus instead of wasting away in the Braves farm system.

KB21
06-15-2017, 01:10 PM
Pilk is going to be in the Pros before Austin Riley and have a higher bonus then Austin Riley by going to school for three years. Now do I blame Riley for taking $1.5 million? Nope but if he would have gone to school for three years he would be a sure fire first round pick and at least double his signing bonus instead of wasting away in the Braves farm system.

I wouldn't say he is wasting away. He's in High A ball in his second full season. He's actually right on track. There are some contact issues there, but the power is real.

msstate7
06-15-2017, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't say he is wasting away. He's in High A ball in his second full season. He's actually right on track. There are some contact issues there, but the power is real.

JB moss last year at aTm = .318/.408/.483
JB moss Florida fire frogs (Riley's team) = .133/.133/.133

Moss was cut yesterday

A+ is a better league than the sec imo

Tbonewannabe
06-15-2017, 01:58 PM
JB moss last year at aTm = .318/.408/.483
JB moss Florida fire frogs (Riley's team) = .133/.133/.133

Moss was cut yesterday

A+ is a better league than the sec imo

It is getting more likely to get to the big show by going to college first. Unless there is a big signing bonus given to a recruit then the attention paid to development seems to be better in college. It boils down to betting on yourself to improve then leaving as a junior. It will not surprise me to see Rooker in Minnesota next year sometime. The minors will not be as big of an adjustment. Playing in the SEC is similar to kids playing in 6A (SEC) and other kids playing in nothing higher than 2A (High school or other conferences).

msstate7
06-15-2017, 02:05 PM
It is getting more likely to get to the big show by going to college first. Unless there is a big signing bonus given to a recruit then the attention paid to development seems to be better in college. It boils down to betting on yourself to improve then leaving as a junior. It will not surprise me to see Rooker in Minnesota next year sometime. The minors will not be as big of an adjustment. Playing in the SEC is similar to kids playing in 6A (SEC) and other kids playing in nothing higher than 2A (High school or other conferences).

Ehhh... maybe. As good of a program as lsu is and has been for a long time, they have 10 current MLB players. The odds of making it suck either way though

Tbonewannabe
06-15-2017, 02:29 PM
Ehhh... maybe. As good of a program as lsu is and has been for a long time, they have 10 current MLB players. The odds of making it suck either way though

There are a bigger percentage of MLB players that went to college than didn't. Whether the coaching is better in college versus the lower level of the minors or some other reason, the odds of making MLB is better if you go to college. Unless you are an anomaly then it is smarter to go to college first. Of course, if you go in the first or second round then there isn't much improvement in draft stock to be done so not sure you should go. If we are talking about the 8th round with the possibility of 1st then it might be worth the risk.

msstate7
06-15-2017, 03:02 PM
Looked to see how the braves' 40-man roster looked with college vs non-college. Here's the list of college:

Dickey -- tenn
Sam freeman -- Kansas
Hursh -- ok st
Motte -- Iona
Newcomb -- Hartford
Suzuki -- cal st full
Matt Adams -- slippery rock
Swanson -- vandy
Micah Johnson -- Indiana
Lindgren -- state
Winkler -- Ucf
Blair -- Marshall
Jace -- mcneese

So 13/40 (.325) for the braves went to college. I was actually surprised the number was that high. Guess it's bc of all the guys from small colleges. I realize the braves are only 1 team

Big4Dawg
06-15-2017, 03:08 PM
There are a bigger percentage of MLB players that went to college than didn't. Whether the coaching is better in college versus the lower level of the minors or some other reason, the odds of making MLB is better if you go to college. Unless you are an anomaly then it is smarter to go to college first. Of course, if you go in the first or second round then there isn't much improvement in draft stock to be done so not sure you should go. If we are talking about the 8th round with the possibility of 1st then it might be worth the risk.

Idk if that's true....I bet it's pretty close.

Tbonewannabe
06-15-2017, 03:31 PM
Looked to see how the braves' 40-man roster looked with college vs non-college. Here's the list of college:

Dickey -- tenn
Sam freeman -- Kansas
Hursh -- ok st
Motte -- Iona
Newcomb -- Hartford
Suzuki -- cal st full
Swanson -- vandy
Micah Johnson -- Indiana
Lindgren -- state
Winkler -- Ucf
Blair -- Marshall
Jace -- mcneese

So 13/40 (.325) for the braves went to college. I was actually surprised the number was that high. Guess it's bc of all the guys from small colleges. I realize the braves are only 1 team

So take out all of the foreign born players that basically didn't have a chance to go to college. Seems like Canny said this year that almost 60% of natural born players in MLB went to college. I might be misremembering since I turned 40 today.

Tripp McNeely
06-15-2017, 04:11 PM

Dickey -- tenn
Sam freeman -- Kansas
Hursh -- ok st
Motte -- Iona
Newcomb -- Hartford
Suzuki -- cal st full
Swanson -- vandy
Micah Johnson -- Indiana
Lindgren -- state
Winkler -- Ucf
Blair -- Marshall
Jace -- mcneese

Yeah, but the Braves are terrible!! ****

msstate7
06-15-2017, 04:19 PM
So take out all of the foreign born players that basically didn't have a chance to go to college. Seems like Canny said this year that almost 60% of natural born players in MLB went to college. I might be misremembering since I turned 40 today.

I'm already 40 by a few months, so I didn't think of taking out foreign born players. Take out the 12 foreign born players, then you 13/28 (46%) that went to college. It's much closer than I thought

Todd4State
06-15-2017, 04:29 PM
The Braves are typically a high school heavy organization too.

Multiple studies have consistently shown that your odds of making it to MLB are better if you go to college.

Todd4State
06-15-2017, 04:30 PM
I'm already 40 by a few months, so I didn't think of taking out foreign born players. Take out the 12 foreign born players, then you 13/28 (46%) that went to college. It's much closer than I thought

There might be a couple of JUCO guys in there too.

Homedawg
06-15-2017, 05:32 PM
The Braves are typically a high school heavy organization too.

Multiple studies have consistently shown that your odds of making it to MLB are better if you go to college.

While this is true, and I agree w that option, more players sign out of college too... just like the last 4 signees we had drafted. Odds are they wouldn't make it now, but we won't know, they chose to go to school.

Todd4State
06-15-2017, 05:44 PM
While this is true, and I agree w that option, more players sign out of college too... just like the last 4 signees we had drafted. Odds are they wouldn't make it now, but we won't know, they chose to go to school.

I think it's kind of chicken and egg. Players know that going to college is statistically the better route and therefore more players are going to college.

The Federalist Engineer
06-15-2017, 07:40 PM

Dickey -- tenn
Sam freeman -- Kansas
Hursh -- ok st
Motte -- Iona
Newcomb -- Hartford
Suzuki -- cal st full
Swanson -- vandy
Micah Johnson -- Indiana
Lindgren -- state
Winkler -- Ucf
Blair -- Marshall
Jace -- mcneese

That's an impressive stack of shit, just needs a cherry on top like an Upton Brother

Jk I'm a brave fan

FlytheW3
06-15-2017, 09:37 PM

Dickey -- tenn
Sam freeman -- Kansas
Hursh -- ok st
Motte -- Iona
Newcomb -- Hartford
Suzuki -- cal st full
Swanson -- vandy
Micah Johnson -- Indiana
Lindgren -- state
Winkler -- Ucf
Blair -- Marshall
Jace -- mcneese

The Cubs have 20 guys on the 40-man roster. Taking out foreign born players 20/33= 61%

Jake Arrieta- TCU
Aaron Brooks- San Bernardino
Kris Bryant- San Diego
Eddie Butler- Radford
Brian Duensing- Nebraska
Dylan Floro- Cal St. Fullerton
Seith Frankoff- UNC Wilmington
Justin Grimm- Georiga
Jacob Hannemann- BYU
Ian Happ- Cincinnati
Kyle Hendricks- Dartmouth
Jon Jay- Miami
Pierce Johnson- Missouri State
Tommy La Stella- Coastal Carolina
John Lackey- Grayson County
Jack Leatherich- UMASS Lowell
Alec Mills- UT Martin
Kyle Schwarber- Indiana
Rob Zastryzny- Missouri
Ben Zobrist- Dallas Baptist

msstate7
06-15-2017, 09:45 PM
The Cubs have 20 guys on the 40-man roster. Taking out foreign born players 20/33= 61%

Jake Arrieta- TCU
Aaron Brooks- San Bernardino
Kris Bryant- San Diego
Eddie Butler- Radford
Brian Duensing- Nebraska
Dylan Floro- Cal St. Fullerton
Seith Frankoff- UNC Wilmington
Justin Grimm- Georiga
Jacob Hannemann- BYU
Ian Happ- Cincinnati
Kyle Hendricks- Dartmouth
Jon Jay- Miami
Pierce Johnson- Missouri State
Tommy La Stella- Coastal Carolina
John Lackey- Grayson County
Jack Leatherich- UMASS Lowell
Alec Mills- UT Martin
Kyle Schwarber- Indiana
Rob Zastryzny- Missouri
Ben Zobrist- Dallas Baptist

Bunch of non-power colleges on that list also

Homedawg
06-16-2017, 12:25 AM
Bunch of non-power colleges on that list also

Which backs my original point, these guys weren't draft picks out of high school or very low anyway. Going to college is the best option for most for sure. But just becaus more come from college doesn't mean it's the only way to go. Arguably the best 2 players in the game position wise didn't attend college, Harper and trout. He only reason Harper went to Jc was to be eligible for the draft.

Todd4State
06-16-2017, 12:35 AM
Which backs my original point, these guys weren't draft picks out of high school or very low anyway. Going to college is the best option for most for sure. But just becaus more come from college doesn't mean it's the only way to go. Arguably the best 2 players in the game position wise didn't attend college, Harper and trout. He only reason Harper went to Jc was to be eligible for the draft.

Harper and Trout fall in the phenom category.

MarketingBully
06-16-2017, 12:39 AM
Harper and Trout fall in the phenom category.

Yeah, weren't they 1st round to begin with? Those kinds of players already are first round picks so why go to school. Homedawg would make his point better if he picked a super star that didn't go to college and was picked in rounds 4-12.

Todd4State
06-16-2017, 01:02 AM
Yeah, weren't they 1st round to begin with? Those kinds of players already are first round picks so why go to school. Homedawg would make his point better if he picked a super star that didn't go to college and was picked in rounds 4-12.

I think we all agree that going to college first is best in most cases. I’m sure that there are superstar MLB players that were drafted in those rounds but statistically more are going be college players.

I think that is you are in that 0.1% of the population that has Bruce Harper type talent and can get true life changing money in the first round then you should go pro. And yes, Harper and Trout were considered first round pick prospects when they were drafted. Harper was much more well known at the time though.