PDA

View Full Version : NE Miss folks: What did you make of ...

Liverpooldawg
06-15-2017, 08:03 AM
Parrish Alford's article this morning? Very interesting to say the least, reading between the lines. I wonder if the NCAA accepts "self-imposed scholarship reductions" that weren't announced till after they had wiffed on a few guys?

ShotgunDawg
06-15-2017, 08:08 AM
NCAA ain't coming anywhere near accepting self imposed penalties.

Political Hack
06-15-2017, 08:13 AM
Is that guy just an OM goon or is he really as dumb as he appears to be?

Jack Lambert
06-15-2017, 08:15 AM
Must be nice to have media out lets that go to bat for you and spit out your spin.

ShotgunDawg
06-15-2017, 08:18 AM
I read the article and I can't find any insinuation from him that the NCAA will accept the self imposed penaties.

I dont like Parrish, but what did you see that aluded to that?

Ari Gold
06-15-2017, 08:19 AM
Is that guy just an OM goon or is he really as dumb as he appears to be?

Yes.

Liverpooldawg
06-15-2017, 08:45 AM
I read the article and I can't find any insinuation from him that the NCAA will accept the self imposed penaties.

I dont like Parrish, but what did you see that aluded to that?

Nothing at all. I should have made that clearer. I was just commenting on how we never heard of those till after the fact and that they had wiffed in some guys so there you go, ready made no pain scholarship reductions.

As for the article itself, it seems to me he was preparing the masses for what is coming and telling them Ole Miss has done it before and survived. It's really interesting reading between the lines because that's the first time he has really seemed to acknowledge that something really bad is coming. I thought it was a subtle but major change in spin, esp since he basically seems to print only what UM wants printed.

As an aside Gene Phelps was tweeting old photos of Vaught and Archie yesterday.

FISHDAWG
06-15-2017, 08:59 AM
The NCAA has already said no to their proposal of self imposed penalties .... and said no even before the NOA was amended

Leeshouldveflanked
06-15-2017, 09:16 AM
I don't read the Daily Journal as it is an extension of the Ole Miss Athletic Department... the county paper here in Union County was bought out by the DJ.... so I cancelled it too.

MedDawg
06-15-2017, 09:34 AM
Parrish Alford's article this morning? Very interesting to say the least, reading between the lines. I wonder if the NCAA accepts "self-imposed scholarship reductions" that weren't announced till after they had wiffed on a few guys?

He's more of an OM homer than Yancy, Freeze, and Bjork put together.

Dawgbite
06-15-2017, 10:10 AM
It's BS, everything they say or do is BS. The entire university is just one big four stomached herbivore, it doesn't matter what goes in, a big steaming pile of BS comes out. Picture if you will the Chick Filet holestein cow but change the black spots to red and change the white to powder blue, now lift its tail and you are staring directly at the Ole Miss athletic department. Careful you don't get any on you!