PDA

View Full Version : McGregor Mayweather

Reason2succeed
06-15-2017, 06:51 AM
This is insane but you have to watch it for the what if.

If McGregor gets his hands on Mayweather (which is unlikely because Mayweather avoids real contact) watch out. I haven't heard what size the gloves will be in this match. That could be a huge factor.

We all know that if the tables were turned and Mayweather were fighting in an octogon this would be even less competitive.

More than likely this last 12 boring rounds of McGregor chasing and taunting Mayweather around. I don't think Mayweather has the power to knock out McGregor and I doubt he will risk get close enough to try. McGregor has to make sure he doesn't get frustrated and open himself up to a barrage though.

SaintDawg
06-15-2017, 07:36 AM
McGregor will drop him like a used condom.

Intramural All-American
06-15-2017, 07:42 AM
Mayweather is arguably the best boxer in his weight class of all time. This won't be close. McGregor is going to get frustrated that he can't get in on Mayweather, and he's going to make mistakes allowing Mayweather to pounce. I hate Mayweathers style, but it obviously works.

JoseBrown
06-15-2017, 07:47 AM
10 or 11 ounce, I forget which. Everyone is automatically counting out 'The Notorious', but I'd love to see him land one of those Mack Truck straight left bombs on Mayweather's chin. I just gotta feeling if Conor can focus on cutting the ring and waiting on his shot he will do the unthinkable.

I'll be watching for sure if anyone wants to come see it for free... Conor has called his shot everytime and been right on the money. Just like Dana White said he's done doubting him.

Of course Mayweather is the best at his sport. McGregor hasn't ever really competed at that sport. But we know how much boxing training McGregor did just for Diaz. If Conor don't punch himself out early, and is patient with the big shots he could surprise everyone...

defiantdog
06-15-2017, 07:53 AM
Mayweather hasn't ever had an interesting fight. I think he'll frustrate McGregor.

Tbonewannabe
06-15-2017, 08:17 AM
Mayweather hasn't ever had an interesting fight. I think he'll frustrate McGregor.

I think Mayweather will just stick and move the entire fight. He is just so damn quick that it will be hard for McGregor to really land the big punches.

Cooterpoot
06-15-2017, 08:49 AM
10 oz. gloves.
This is nothing but a money grab. Go watch at a bar and save your PPV money.l

jumbo
06-15-2017, 08:52 AM
Mayweather wouldn't have agreed to this if he thought there was a chance he would lose. This is nothing more than a massive cash grab for all parties.

It likely is a lot of Mayweather dancing around McGregor and winning by decision.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-15-2017, 08:57 AM
This won't be close not eve a little bit. Floyd dominates the fight. Guys who prefer MMA over Boxing will say he ran & couldn't/wouldn't stand toe to toe with McGregor. McGregor will land less than 25% of the punches he throws. Both walk away with a boat load of cash.

AlSwearengen
06-15-2017, 09:55 AM
McGregor is going to be lucky to touch Mayweather. Connor is smart and knows how to get paid. This is what this fight is about.

fader2103
06-15-2017, 10:11 AM
I will watch the YouTube videos the next day

Dawg61
06-15-2017, 11:22 AM
I think Connor is going to knock him out and I am going to pay money to watch him do it. Instagram pic he put up yesterday is hilarious. He put a pic of FW's dad up like it was Floyd himself and the caption says "the fight is ON"

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/875101558584856578?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.businessinsider.com%2Fcon or-mcgregor-trash-talk-floyd-mayweather-fight-official-confirmed-2017-6

Bully13
06-15-2017, 12:19 PM
Is it going to be a regular boxing match? If so, I give the edge to Mayweather.

TUSK
06-15-2017, 12:37 PM
Let me make sure I understand this:

A professional "MMA" fighter is going to fight a professional "boxer"?

....and the contest is going to be a professional "boxing match"?

Tbonewannabe
06-15-2017, 02:03 PM
I think Connor is going to knock him out and I am going to pay money to watch him do it. Instagram pic he put up yesterday is hilarious. He put a pic of FW's dad up like it was Floyd himself and the caption says "the fight is ON"

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/875101558584856578?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.businessinsider.com%2Fcon or-mcgregor-trash-talk-floyd-mayweather-fight-official-confirmed-2017-6

Connor is the best hype man in the business today. I think Floyd just dances the whole time just scoring points and never gives Connor a shot to win.

Dawg61
06-15-2017, 02:15 PM
Connor is the best hype man in the business today. I think Floyd just dances the whole time just scoring points and never gives Connor a shot to win.

Conor ****s with dudes minds better than anyone of recent memory and I think he will mess with Floyd about avoiding him in the ring so much that'll force FW to fight him instead of boxing him and that's when CM will knock him out. If Mayweather doesn't fall for the mind tricks and sticks to his usual style he will win on the card easily. Just takes one punch for CM tho. I am actually excited for a boxing match and it has been a long time since I could say that.

Dawgbite
06-15-2017, 02:56 PM
Did nobody here watch Rocky fight Thunderlips?

Ifyouonlyknew
06-15-2017, 03:11 PM
Conor ****s with dudes minds better than anyone of recent memory and I think he will mess with Floyd about avoiding him in the ring so much that'll force FW to fight him instead of boxing him and that's when CM will knock him out. If Mayweather doesn't fall for the mind tricks and sticks to his usual style he will win on the card easily. Just takes one punch for CM tho. I am actually excited for a boxing match and it has been a long time since I could say that.

1 thing I'm pretty confident in is that Conor not being able to get into his head. That won't be an issue for Floyd. If you want to be excited for a boxing match wait a few weeks after this celebrity fight & watch Canelo/GGG. That is the fight of the year.

Bully13
06-15-2017, 03:39 PM
Too bad boxing no longer enjoys wide range relevance it did during the Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Holmes, Tyson, etc....

Piss poor marketing along with this pay per view shit has killed it imo. I can recall a time when all sports fans knew who the reigning Champs were per weight category. I can't even tell you at the moment who the heavy weight champ is right now. And if I went and researched, I'd prolly be even MORE confused. So many belts with no unification whatsoever. Is it an American fighter? Some ruskie?

I miss the old middle weight shit too. Sugar ray, haggler, hit man hearns, & the "no mas" dude from South of the border.

Gotta feeling Mayweathers gonna pull the same game as sugar did to haggler.

Maroon Wizardry
06-15-2017, 05:33 PM
This is going to be like watching brent rooker play homerun derby against a 12 year old

KOdawg1
06-15-2017, 05:50 PM
This is going to be like a professional ping pong player facing a pro tennis player in a tennis match.

Bully13
06-15-2017, 06:07 PM
I like this thread and admire 61s enthusiasm. In fact, I think a Conor victory would be great for not only sports in general but boxing and ultimate fighting as well.

Just don't see Mayweather losing though. Conor is jumping into Mayweathers world, not vice versa. Conor is going to experience unadvertised fist speed he's never seen. In fact, not only that, most of them he will never see, only feel.

KOdawg1
06-15-2017, 06:15 PM
I like this thread and admire 61s enthusiasm. In fact, I think a Conor victory would be great for not only sports in general but boxing and ultimate fighting as well.

Just don't see Mayweather losing though. Conor is jumping into Mayweathers world, not vice versa. Conor is going to experience unadvertised fist speed he's never seen. In fact, not only that, most of them he will never see, only feel.

Yeah Mayweather will win, but I'm rooting for McGregor for entertainment purposes if nothing else.

Bully13
06-15-2017, 06:26 PM
Yeah Mayweather will win, but I'm rooting for McGregor for entertainment purposes if nothing else.

Yep, not gonna pay the 60 but I'm tempted to head down to a bar and drop 5 to check it out. It's good all the entities got together to make this happen.

WSOPdawg
06-15-2017, 06:30 PM
Yep, not gonna pay the 60 but I'm tempted to head down to a bar and drop 5 to check it out. It's good all the entities got together to make this happen.

Somebody was saying it's not gonna be $60 but may be closer to $200, which I think is absurd. But I'm definitely pulling for McGregor.

Bully13
06-15-2017, 06:33 PM
Somebody was saying it's not gonna be $60 but may be closer to $200, which I think is absurd. But I'm definitely pulling for McGregor.

If that is true, they can suck all 200 inches of my Johnson. Ppv bites ass.

preachermatt83
06-15-2017, 09:19 PM
Lol, anybody saying mcgregor will win is fooling themselves.

Dawg61
06-15-2017, 09:37 PM
Lol, anybody saying mcgregor will win is fooling themselves.

McGregor eats very well off his doubters. No question FM is a much more skilled and technically sound boxer but CM has the mental edge and just needs one punch to connect. He knows FM is going to try to dance and avoid him so I think he will start targeting that with Floyd starting now till the fight and basically will call him a ***** over and over till he loses his cool and actually does fight him and that's when CM will connect. I can't wait to see if he can land that one punch.

Reason2succeed
06-15-2017, 10:11 PM
This is going to be like a professional ping pong player facing a pro tennis player in a tennis match.

Great analogy.

Basically Connor is laying down all the weapons that make him dangerous and is only carrying the one that FM has trained his entire life to defend against. So my analogy is:

This is going to be like playing in the SEC but not deciding on a starting QB, playing a 125 lb running back backed up by a RB with lead feet, with CFB's worse DC.

That doesn't hit home does it?***

Natedogg33
06-15-2017, 11:16 PM
Boxing like MMA is nothing more than a form of fighting. Different attributes and techniques needed for both, but still boils down to one man beating the others ass. Mcgregor has the power and reach. Floyd has the skill and speed. He lacks in power. I don't see Floyd knocking Conor out. I think it will be cool to see two guys from two different principles square off. I think Mcgregor has a chance if he can catch Floyd a time or two. I haven't been this fired up about a fight since Balboa vs Drago.