PDA

View Full Version : Luginbill sees Fitz as a 1st Rounder

BrunswickDawg
06-14-2017, 06:42 PM
<googlyeye.gif>

Big praise from ESPN
https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi-state/espn-expert-predicts-nick-fitzgerald-will-first-round-nfl-draft-pick

msstate7
06-14-2017, 06:45 PM
Well he's smarter than me, but I'm skeptical. If fitz does become a 1st rounder, we might become the school for QBs

Homedawg
06-14-2017, 06:52 PM
<googlyeye.gif>

Big praise from ESPN
https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi-state/espn-expert-predicts-nick-fitzgerald-will-first-round-nfl-draft-pick
Living proof people are stupid. First round? Hell if he gets drafted it's a hell of an accomplishment

Commercecomet24
06-14-2017, 06:52 PM
Luginbills pretty sharp cat. That being said fitz got work to do.

Covercorner2
06-14-2017, 07:03 PM
What's not to like? His ceiling is through the roof. You can teach accuracy, but you can't teach 6'5 250 with 4.6 speed, a strong arm and toughness.

craigmid
06-14-2017, 07:03 PM
I didnt read the article, but if he puts in the work like Dak, I could see it next year, just not this year.

Political Hack
06-14-2017, 07:04 PM
He's got all the tools. He's Alex Smith, but more athletic.

Dawg61
06-14-2017, 07:05 PM
Fitz will have to improve his accuracy, touch and footwork in the pocket a ton to get 1st round looks. I don't see it because I think he enjoys his star just a little too much to do the dirty nasty annoying work and homework it'll take to get to the 1st round. I can see him settling for 5-6th round and having a shit ton of fun in college instead. That's not a knock on Fitz or is not meant to be one.

lamont
06-14-2017, 07:07 PM
He could certainly be drafted. Good athlete, big arm...needs to shrink his windows with where the ball needs to be. This season will tell alot.

Covercorner2
06-14-2017, 07:08 PM
He's got all the tools. He's Alex Smith, but more athletic.

And bigger. And a stronger arm.

I seen it dawg
06-14-2017, 07:08 PM
Annnnnddd he's a jr

ShotgunDawg
06-14-2017, 07:12 PM
Fitz has first round tools, but, like Alex Lange, I think he's a reliever so to speak.

This season will tell a lot & most of it will depend on his accuracy & touch in the intermediate passing game.

Personally, I just don't see it at this point. Hope I'm wrong

lamont
06-14-2017, 07:15 PM
Annnnnddd he's a jr

This is the big thing to look at.

Fitz 2016 was better than Dakota 2013
Dakota had great growth in 2014 and 2015. Fitz should certainly grow alot as well in 2017 and 2018

Fitz is not the leader Dakota is and Dakota may have some other intangible advantages over Fitz- but Fitz can certainly do some things Dakota cannot. It will certainly be fun to watch to see where he elevate to these next two years.

Commercecomet24
06-14-2017, 07:19 PM
This is the big thing to look at.

Fitz 2016 was better than Dakota 2013
Dakota had great growth in 2014 and 2015. Fitz should certainly grow alot as well in 2017 and 2018

Fitz is not the leader Dakota is and Dakota may have some other intangible advantages over Fitz- but Fitz can certainly do some things Dakota cannot. It will certainly be fun to watch to see where he elevate to these next two years.

Good point. Daks intangibles are out the roof but overall fitz is more talented with a better arm which means absolutely nothing if he doesn't put in the work like Dak has. Dak is Bradyesque in his will to get better and make those around him better.

ShotgunDawg
06-14-2017, 07:27 PM
Good point. Daks intangibles are out the roof but overall fitz is more talented with a better arm which means absolutely nothing if he doesn't put in the work like Dak has. Dak is Bradyesque in his will to get better and make those around him better.

Fitz is more talented in the raw measurable tools, but Dak had more touch & threw a more catchable ball.

As much as I like Fitz, I still contend that catching a pass from him inside of 20 yards is about like a construction worker chucking a cinder block at you & telling you to catch it.

Dawg61
06-14-2017, 07:29 PM

I am not convinced Fitz is more talented at the same point in their careers. He is just faster and bigger. Dak was much more accurate, had better touch and was more elusive in the pocket and the first 5-10 yards from LOS. Fitz loses him in the dust running after 10 yards but that doesn't happen all that often in a game. Dak is a better runner under ten yards. He has a cooler head, reads plays much much better, is smarter and has more football instinct. He is miles ahead of Fitz in leadership skills too and some could argue that is a talent. Fitz can throw a football in a straight line harder than Dak and can run in a straight line faster than Dak. That's it.

Bothrops
06-14-2017, 07:36 PM
Fitz has the arm, but has been too inconsistent to this point. I worried that he's not going to have the receivers to help him much either. Hopefully, we can remedy that through scheme.

Commercecomet24
06-14-2017, 07:40 PM
I think it's awesome we have one pro bowl qb in the NFL and one that's getting lots of national pub on campus. Dak and Nick are different type players but dang ain't it great to have such talented qbs coming through our program.

QuadrupleOption
06-14-2017, 07:43 PM
He's got the talent. It remains to be seen if he has the work ethic. I think he'll improve significantly this year.

codeDawg
06-14-2017, 07:58 PM
He's got the talent. It remains to be seen if he has the work ethic. I think he'll improve significantly this year.

When he hit the field after Dak, I had little hope. He stared down every receiver and made terrible decisions. Half-way through last year you could see the coaching starting to set in and he was starting to do things the right way. His stats were through the roof and the potential really started to shine through.

In the spring game he looked like he had been slacking off. If he will work for it and want it bad enough, he can be as good as he wants to be.

Dawg61
06-14-2017, 08:07 PM
I think it's awesome we have one pro bowl qb in the NFL and one that's getting lots of national pub on campus. Dak and Nick are different type players but dang ain't it great to have such talented qbs coming through our program.

Amen to this, rep given +1

Lord McBuckethead
06-14-2017, 08:41 PM
I can see it. The guy has a competitive edge. Just needs to get some reps and work on a few things constantly until draft day. Also, needs to beat Bama, LSU and Auburn in a single season.

gravedigger
06-14-2017, 09:21 PM
<googlyeye.gif>

Big praise from ESPN

I think we all better get used to the fact that teams are going to double up on stopping him from running and forcing him to throw. Without proven talent at wr most teams will be happy to make him prove that he can hit what little talent we have at wr. Good thing is that our defense should be pretty decent. I still think we win more than we lose due to the defense and his talent for getting tough yards. But if most of you recall, 2015 was a bit tougher for Dak because teams did just that. They took away the qb keep on the read option when Dak did decided to keep it and it lowered his yards per carry. Dak caught his stride in the Auburn game and we started throwing the ball all over the place that night. But it wasnt our offensive nature to pass so much.

In the end, I think Fitz looks slightly above average at the beginning of the year unless he establishes his ability to hit receivers downfield quickly. I dont see it happening and what's more, we may have to lose one we shouldnt before Mullen figures it out.

Pollodawg
06-14-2017, 10:03 PM
I was really high on Fitz until the bowl game. And I don't care if it was a scrimmage; throwing four picks is concerning.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Fitz will be a 1st at worst 2nd rd draft pick in the 2019 draft & you can save this post.

Pollodawg
06-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Needs to beat Bama, AU, and LSU all in a single season? Why don't we just win an NC? That's a tall order.

Reason2succeed
06-14-2017, 10:25 PM
Fitz is a bigger Johnny Football who doesn't do near a much dumb ish. I don't think he's a first round talent now but I'd love to be proven otherwise.

TUSK
06-14-2017, 11:11 PM
He reminds me of Matt Jones... Lil slower, but bigger...

blacklistedbully
06-14-2017, 11:22 PM
If Fitz can't see what hard work, dedication & leading-by-example did for Dak, and follow the recipe, then he will not reach his potential and the whole program will suffer. But if he does, and continues to grow under Dan's tutelage, we will surprise a lot of prognosticators this year.

Of course, I'm assuming we will get at least decent play from the WR/TE positions, and enough blocking on the O-line to give him a chance.

Dawg61
06-15-2017, 12:17 AM
Fitz will be a 1st at worst 2nd rd draft pick in the 2019 draft & you can save this post.

Hope you're right but I don't see it right now. Good thing for him is he's got a whole bunch of football left to take it. 26 games.

BrunswickDawg
06-15-2017, 04:06 AM
Hope you're right but I don't see it right now. Good thing for him is he's got a whole bunch of football left to take it. 26 games.
You haven't seen much in Fitz ever. If I recall correctly, you were the leader of the "Fitz is a party boy the whole team hates" Brigade last fall. I'd ask if he stole your girl, but having seen his girlfriend I know better.

TUSK
06-15-2017, 04:42 AM
You haven't seen much in Fitz ever. If I recall correctly, you were the leader of the "Fitz is a party boy the whole team hates" Brigade last fall. I'd ask if he stole your girl, but having seen his girlfriend I know better.

Pics or it doesn't count.

1bigdawg
06-15-2017, 05:35 AM
I worry about the offense being too pass happy this year in order to protect Fitz. I believe Dan wanted to promote Dak and went more heavily to the pass because of it in 2015. This time, we only have two scholarship QBs and I believe he will limit the runs somewhat to protect them because of the lack of depth.

BuckyIsAB****
06-15-2017, 06:52 AM
Living proof people are stupid. First round? Hell if he gets drafted it's a hell of an accomplishment

You obviously dont watch much football

BuckyIsAB****
06-15-2017, 06:54 AM
Fitz's potential is thru the roof. Not sure why this is hard to see. Patrick Mahomes, Trubisky just went top 10 and Fitz can be better than both. Probably already is. Hes started for 1 year and led the SEC in offense. My only concern with him is his intangibles. Dak wasnt an angel off the field either so maybe it doesnt matter.

Dawgfan77
06-15-2017, 07:04 AM

I agree. If the kid from UNC was taken second in this years draft then Fitz has every opportunity to be a 1st rounder. Remember he led the SEC in total offense as a sophomore. This with only playing a few snaps vs USA.

LC Dawg
06-15-2017, 08:09 AM
When people compare Fitz to Dak they always seem to have 2014 Dak or 2015 Dak in mind. 2013 Dak was far from a great quarterback but you could tell there was something special about him.
In some ways Fitz will never have what Dak does (few people do), but if Fitz works hard he can be better than Dak in other ways. Even Dak has stated this. I hope the guy is working his ass off.

louisvilledawg
06-15-2017, 08:33 AM

If Dan says it, it must be true!

notoriousdog
06-15-2017, 09:44 AM
He's not a 1st or 2nd round QB right now, but I would not bet against Mullen developing him into that. He completed 54% of his passes last year in a spread offense. That's not good. Needs to get above 60% this fall.

Cary Hudson's little bro
06-15-2017, 10:18 AM
Fitz will have to improve his accuracy, touch and footwork in the pocket a ton to get 1st round looks. I don't see it because I think he enjoys his star just a little too much to do the dirty nasty annoying work and homework it'll take to get to the 1st round. I can see him settling for 5-6th round and having a shit ton of fun in college instead. That's not a knock on Fitz or is not meant to be one.

Weird take...he's matured I'm sure. He knows what lies before him. He's not Tyler Bray or Chad Kelly off the field. I think he's 1st-2nd round pick after this season and especially after his senior year, if he stays.

sandwolf
06-15-2017, 10:21 AM
Pics or it doesn't count.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSPvWlRhhou/?taken-by=nickfitz07&hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTP58fhhhvs/?taken-by=nickfitz07&hl=en
(https://www.instagram.com/p/BTP58fhhhvs/?taken-by=nickfitz07&hl=en)

Liverpooldawg
06-15-2017, 10:51 AM
When he hit the field after Dak, I had little hope. He stared down every receiver and made terrible decisions. Half-way through last year you could see the coaching starting to set in and he was starting to do things the right way. His stats were through the roof and the potential really started to shine through.

In the spring game he looked like he had been slacking off. If he will work for it and want it bad enough, he can be as good as he wants to be.
This

BuckyIsAB****
06-15-2017, 11:28 AM

Its really not that hard to see. With the way teams over evaluate QBs theres no doubt. Even if he doesnt do as well as Dak hes still going high. I think he is vastly more talented than Dak ever was

BuckyIsAB****
06-15-2017, 11:30 AM

You must be talking about the RB from UF bc Fitz is way faster than the QB at UPig was.

Dawg61
06-15-2017, 11:31 AM

Don't come at me bro. You are way too ****ing sensitive about Fitzgerald because you live close to him. I like him I just don't think he is a 1st round draft pick. Those don't happen often every year. And no I wasn't the "Fitz is a party boy" guy I made a couple comments very early last season IN A GAME CHAT. This makes the second or third time you have come at me about Fitz cause I don't suck his nuts like you do.

msstate7
06-15-2017, 11:33 AM
You must be talking about the RB from UF bc Fitz is way faster than the QB at UPig was.

Yeah, you wrong. Matt jones ran a 4.37 at NFL combine

BuckyIsAB****
06-15-2017, 11:33 AM
Don't come at me bro. You are way too ****ing sensitive about Fitzgerald because you live close to him. I like him I just don't think he is a 1st round draft pick. Those don't happen often every year. And no I wasn't the "Fitz is a party boy" guy I made a couple comments very early last season IN A GAME CHAT. This makes the second or third time you have come at me about Fitz cause I don't suck his cock like you do.

Patrick Mahomes from TTU just went first round after being mediocre in the big 12. He probably lead the big 12 in picks. Tribusky just went 2 overall after being average at UNC. Fitz is gonna be better than both by the time he leaves.

BuckyIsAB****
06-15-2017, 11:34 AM
Yeah, you wrong. Matt jones ran a 4.37

Shitttttttt I didnt see it

DancingRabbit
06-15-2017, 11:35 AM

Matt Jones ran a 4.37 at the combine. He was fast. Like Fitz, he didn't look as fast as he was.

CadaverDawg
06-15-2017, 11:37 AM
Leave it to our fans to beg for pub, and then someone says this about our QB and we have people calling him an idiot for it. We have some real ****ing winners in our fan base, I tell ya.

msstate7
06-15-2017, 11:37 AM
Shitttttttt I didnt see it

Fitz is fast though... I'd say in 4.5s

Dawg61
06-15-2017, 11:39 AM
Patrick Mahomes from TTU just went first round after being mediocre in the big 12. He probably lead the big 12 in picks. Tribusky just went 2 overall after being average at UNC. Fitz is gonna be better than both by the time he leaves.

I hope Fitz is the 1st pick overall. I hope he goes 30-0 from here on out and wins 2 Heisman trophies and 2 National championships. As of right now I do not think Fitz is a 1st round pick though and It'll be ok.

Dawg61
06-15-2017, 11:42 AM
Leave it to our fans to beg for pub, and then someone says this about our QB and we have people calling him an idiot for it. We have some real ****ing winners in our fan base, I tell ya.

Don't make assumptions boys and girls it'll make you and idiot when you might not have been a second earlier.

BuckyIsAB****
06-15-2017, 11:46 AM
I hope Fitz is the 1st pick overall. I hope he goes 30-0 from here on out and wins 2 Heisman trophies and 2 National championships. As of right now I do not think Fitz is a 1st round pick though and It'll be ok.

Ha thats fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You wont hurt my feelings big fella

CadaverDawg
06-15-2017, 11:54 AM
Where is the single post on here where anyone called Luginbill an idiot? Maybe you just like to twist words when you don't see the things that make you happy in this world. Everyone isn't gonna agree with everything you think and like all the time Cadaver. I know it is difficult to accept that but I hope you can someday. See this is me talking directly to you like a man should instead of hinting and bitching at someone else without saying who they are. Like a bitch would do.

Did I say your name mother ****er? No. Go read page 1 and you'll see what I meant, and then you can come back and apologize to me for prematurely ejaculating when reacting to my post. Not everything is about you, bro. So don't go calling someone out unless they specifically mention you

Dawg61
06-15-2017, 12:01 PM
Did I say your name mother ****er? No. Go read page 1 and you'll see what I meant, and then you can come back and apologize to me for prematurely ejaculating when reacting to my post. Not everything is about you, bro. So don't go calling someone out unless they specifically mention you. You need to check yourself

I need to be out of this thread. Brunswick just came at me cause I didn't proclaim Fitz as the god quarterback he thinks he is and then I read your post and it looks to me like you're piggybacking on his comments. Assumptions make an ass outta me. I will apologize though Cadaver. I am sorry I thought you were talking about me when you said "We have some real ****ing winners in our fan base, I tell ya."

CadaverDawg
06-15-2017, 12:02 PM
I need to be out of this thread. Brunswick just came at me cause I didn't proclaim Fitz as the god quarterback he thinks he is and then I read your post and it looks to me like you're piggybacking on his comments. Assumptions make an ass outta me. I will apologize though Cadaver. I am sorry I thought you were talking about me when you said "We have some real ****ing winners in our fan base, I tell ya."

Thanks. I wasn't. To be honest, I didn't even read beyond the first page of this thread when I made that comment.

sandwolf
06-15-2017, 12:04 PM
Just saw where Walter Football has him projected as a 2nd round pick next spring. LINK (http://walterfootball.com/draft2018_2.php)

ETA: They also have Rankin projected as a 1st rounder.

Bully13
06-15-2017, 12:06 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSPvWlRhhou/?taken-by=nickfitz07&hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTP58fhhhvs/?taken-by=nickfitz07&hl=en
(https://www.instagram.com/p/BTP58fhhhvs/?taken-by=nickfitz07&hl=en)

Not a Facebooker. No access

sandwolf
06-15-2017, 12:27 PM
Not a Facebooker. No accessYou on your phone? Works fine for me from my desktop.

msstate7
06-15-2017, 12:27 PM
Just saw where Walter Football has him projected as a 2nd round pick next spring. LINK (http://walterfootball.com/draft2018_2.php)

ETA: They also have Rankin projected as a 1st rounder.

Very nice. If fitz needed an extra push to prepare well this summer, his spring game debacle and these 2 predictions should do it

Ifyouonlyknew
06-15-2017, 12:38 PM
Fitz has been to a national QB retreat to work on his game. He also hired a private QB coach in South Florida between the spring semester & start of 1st summer term. He's putting in the work.

BuckyIsAB****
06-15-2017, 12:38 PM
When Fitz is whipping ass again this year all y'all who flipped out about 4 INTs in the spring game are gonna feel dumb

msstate7
06-15-2017, 12:52 PM
Fitz has been to a national QB retreat to work on his game. He also hired a private QB coach in South Florida between the spring semester & start of 1st summer term. He's putting in the work.

Great. I love fitz's legs and if he can improve his accuracy, sky's the limit

Dawgs87
06-15-2017, 12:53 PM
When Fitz is whipping ass again this year all y'all who flipped out about 4 INTs in the spring game are gonna feel dumb

Whether he has the kind of improvement that Dak showed from soph to junior seasons or not, i'm of the opinion that 4 INT's in a spring is bad. Doesn't mean he won't be the best QB in the SEC this season. But, i don't think it's dumb to be concerned about 4 picks as it's indicative of bad decision making, which I think is really his #1 issue. Good decision making is what really set Dak apart. He didn't beat himself in college or for the Boys and turnovers are a huge part of that.

bulldawg28
06-15-2017, 05:51 PM

I like the comparison. I hope we can get this type of impact from Fitz.

bulldawg28
06-15-2017, 05:54 PM

Good to hear. However, now he needs chemistry with his WR's. Fred Ross might be the best thing to happen for him. Now he has to hit the open man. I still have no idea why we only use the TE's in the red zone. Wet should put Thomas in the league with being such a mismatch