PDA

View Full Version : So, is it obvious now....

MadDawg
06-14-2017, 01:06 PM
that the Clarion Liar's reluctance to report on the biggest sports story in the history of the state is due to their being threatened with legal action if they write anything? Is that a fair assumption?

JDog13
06-14-2017, 01:08 PM
that the Clarion Liar's reluctance to report on the biggest sports story in the history of the state is due to their being threatened with legal action if they write anything? Is that a fair assumption?

They weren't threatened with legal action, they were threatened with their jobs.

TrapGame
06-14-2017, 01:17 PM
OM money keeps that rag going. It really should change its name to Rebel Rag.

Reason2succeed
06-14-2017, 01:35 PM
The state of Mississippi does not have a free press like the rest of the Union because the Confederacy is still alive and well. At least for the moment they are.

sandwolf
06-14-2017, 02:15 PM
that the Clarion Liar's reluctance to report on the biggest sports story in the history of the state is due to their being threatened with legal action if they write anything? Is that a fair assumption?Hell no. It's due to them not wanting to piss off the OM-owned companies that buy advertisements combined with a bias among the CL's higher ups. Also, I'd be willing to bet that the MSU company owners are far less likely to pull advertising over this stuff than the OM folks are.....so the CL is much more willing to piss our fans off because they know we will just take it. I bet if the owners of companies like Miskelly's (pretty sure these are State folks and I have heard that they do a bunch of advertising in the CL) started expressing some displeasure with how the OM investigation has not been covered like past MSU investigations have, we would probably see at least some attempt to cover the story.

Ezsoil
06-14-2017, 08:38 PM

I wouldn't worry about the CL ...their readership is a fraction of what it once was and probably will not be a print entity in 5 years.... everything is online now

maroonmania
06-14-2017, 08:51 PM
They weren't threatened with legal action, they were threatened with their jobs.

Exactly, its called being Blevined. As in Riley Blevins.

Acid mouth
06-15-2017, 08:16 AM
I still don't understand why we don't pull their creditials for 6-12 months until they decide to become real journalists. TSUN will be in the SEC basement for a decade (if they don't get kicked out). They need State WAY more than we need them.

Political Hack
06-15-2017, 08:41 AM
I still don't understand why we don't pull their creditials for 6-12 months until they decide to become real journalists. TSUN will be in the SEC basement for a decade (if they don't get kicked out). They need State WAY more than we need them.

Ole Miss will be lucky to stay in the SEC anywhere after all this.