PDA

View Full Version : Ruh Roh - Booster Day?

ShotgunDawg
06-14-2017, 11:02 AM
https://twitter.com/jgentry44news/status/875016484636020736

Amazing how much more Jo Jo knows than the CL

confucius say
06-14-2017, 11:05 AM
Explains why there is no boneyard and Rosie is "traveling" today. Must be attending the secret meeting with Bo, the NCAA, and Dan. **

msstate7
06-14-2017, 11:06 AM
Wonder how she knows this. Wouldn't this decision be in the court's hands, not the ncaa?

confucius say
06-14-2017, 11:14 AM
Wonder how she knows this. Wouldn't this decision be in the court's hands, not the ncaa?

What court? The only injunction that was filed in a court has been dismissed.

She is in Indiana so I think her source has to be inside the NCAA. She has no ties to mississippi and I doubt she just happened to take a keen interest in OM and start digging. Somebody in the NCAA is giving it to her.

msstate7
06-14-2017, 11:16 AM

She is in Indiana so I think her source has to be inside the NCAA. She has no ties to mississippi and I doubt she just happened to take a keen interest in OM and start digging. Somebody in the NCAA is giving it to her.

Guess I've grown tired of all this. I thought withholding names was bc of pending case in Mississippi courts. Didn't realize the case has been dismissed

ckDOG
06-14-2017, 11:19 AM

Tom Allen and Grant Heard are both at IU. Maybe one is privy to the info and has an axe to grind? NCAA more likely though...

confucius say
06-14-2017, 11:22 AM
Guess I've grown tired of all this. I thought withholding names was bc of pending case in Mississippi courts. Didn't realize the case has been dismissed

Yep. And OM has notified the ethics commission that it is not appealing the commission' ruling that the booster names have to be released per public records act. OM probably releasing it itself instead of turning over to Rosie and giving him the glory

Mimi's Babies
06-14-2017, 11:22 AM
WOW!

Just WOW!!!! Is OM starting to get figure out that they area screwed????

Really Clark?
06-14-2017, 11:23 AM

The one booster made a Motion to Intervene with the Ethics Commission but to do so he had to withdraw his case from Circuit Court. Although UNM attorneys in their response to the Motion mentioned that the judge was going to dismiss his case anyway.

Either his written response was not turned in or not accepted by the Ethics Commission and we just don't know that yet or UNM believes they need to get ahead of the lawsuit naming redacted players while they also redacted boosters without cause besides the one booster filing a Motion with the Ethics Commission. And he may still be redacted if that is still pending.

msstate7
06-14-2017, 11:28 AM
Good info. Thanks Confucius and Clark

confucius say
06-14-2017, 11:34 AM
Tom Allen and Grant Heard are both at IU. Maybe one is privy to the info and has an axe to grind? NCAA more likely though...

I doubt it's Allen or heard. I did think it weird though that heard was the only coach that didn't offer a statement of support for Freeze in freeze's NOA. Other coaches who had left did and the current ones.

Really Clark?
06-14-2017, 11:38 AM
I believe a lot of her info from her earlier reporting came from Barney's attorney.

confucius say
06-14-2017, 11:42 AM
I believe a lot of her info from her earlier reporting came from Barney's attorney.

Makes sense.

confucius say
06-14-2017, 11:43 AM
Oh. And get ready for more lawsuits after these names are released. You've been warned.

Pollodawg
06-14-2017, 11:47 AM
Yep. Suits everywhere. All of them useless. Bwhaha ha.

Bamasgot13
06-14-2017, 11:49 AM
Oh. And get ready for more lawsuits after these names are released. You've been warned.

Civil lawsuits like the one RR filed are often meant to intimidate a smaller pocketed defendant into retracting or retreating. That said, thanks to attorney client privilege, you don't have to know what the fee structure (i.e. pro bono) is and, thus, LL and Kobe could have phenomenal attorneys at no cost if State has any who would be willing to take on the case.

ALL that said, the boosters do not want these cases to go to deposition phase, so likely we'll see more threats of lawsuits without anything actually making it into a court room.

Bubb Rubb
06-14-2017, 11:56 AM
Civil lawsuits like the one RR filed are often meant to intimidate a smaller pocketed defendant into retracting or retreating. That said, thanks to attorney client privilege, you don't have to know what the fee structure (i.e. pro bono) is and, thus, LL and Kobe could have phenomenal attorneys at no cost if State has any who would be willing to take on the case.

ALL that said, the boosters do not want these cases to go to deposition phase, so likely we'll see more threats of lawsuits without anything actually making it into a court room.

Actually, they do want to depose the defendants. I think that's the sole objective of the lawsuit. They will drop cases before they get deposed themselves or participate in discovery.

MedDawg
06-14-2017, 11:58 AM
https://twitter.com/jgentry44news/status/875016484636020736

Amazing how much more Jo Jo knows than the CL
nm

Cooterpoot
06-14-2017, 12:00 PM
Just plead the 5th and move on.*

Political Hack
06-14-2017, 12:06 PM
Just plead the 5th and move on.*

The 5th deals with criminal issues, not civil. And breaking NCAA rules isn't criminal, so they can't plead the 5th to not answer those questions. The good news is the Ole Miss people that would get deposed will not be able to plead the 5th either.

Edit: I now see the sarcasterik.

Mobile Bay
06-14-2017, 12:15 PM
In the immortal words of Coach O

Tell us bout it JoJo!

TrapGame
06-14-2017, 12:19 PM
Booster Day.

For a second there I thought was the actually name of an om alum.

Outside Dawg
06-14-2017, 01:00 PM
Booster Day.

For a second there I thought was the actually name of an om alum.

I saw the headline and assumed OM actually had an event called Booster Day. Seems they do have these...but on the quiet.

Hypnodawg
06-14-2017, 01:42 PM
http://www.ytcropper.com/embed/HX59417f9b5e96d

Tbonewannabe
06-14-2017, 01:48 PM
Actually, they do want to depose the defendants. I think that's the sole objective of the lawsuit. They will drop cases before they get deposed themselves or participate in discovery.

How would that work? Could the defendants' attorneys demand to depose Emily or anyone else like Freeze before their clients give any disposition?

Reason2succeed
06-14-2017, 01:56 PM
http://www.ytcropper.com/embed/HX59417f9b5e96d

You just won the Internet today!!! Rep given!

PassInterference
06-14-2017, 03:32 PM

They can't do that if the MSU side files a countersuit. Lawsuit is harder to exit than enter.

msstate7
06-15-2017, 06:49 PM
Really JoJo?

Political Hack
06-15-2017, 09:02 PM
Really JoJo?

Somebody shut her down... quick too. I would love to know who made that phone call.

Ari Gold
06-15-2017, 09:14 PM
Somebody shut her down... quick too. I would love to know who made that phone call.

I will say this , it's amazing how good their PR dept is.. we could learn a thing or 2..

starkvegasdawg
06-15-2017, 09:15 PM

He probably had taco sauce on his shirt and a bit of lettuce between his teeth when he made the call.

missouridawg
06-15-2017, 09:24 PM

I wonder if someone got pissed at her and gave her the bad info to make her look foolish?