PDA

View Full Version : New Fundraising Opportunity

archdog
06-13-2017, 06:00 PM
Alright a couple years ago, I started the discussion about the cowbell world record. I did not in anyway get that car across the finish line, but I would like to thank the people that worked hard to get that record Maroon and White.

My idea behind the cowbell record really came from the severe shortage of funding for the local Starkville Boys and Girls Club. My idea revolved around collecting a dollar donation for each cowbell brought into the stadium. Just a simple gesture that would raise probably 15k each home game.

Given that there are other needs in the local Starkville community, another idea came to me. How about "Cowbells for Crayons". Money raised would be given to the School District earmarked for classroom related supplies.

I really wanted to hear what you guys think about getting something like this started. I would be willing to heading up the effort, I just do not know where to start.

Mimi's Babies
06-13-2017, 08:10 PM
It would be great to spread the Cowbells for Crayons to the joining counties also...

IF you could get a Greek Org. to collect the money at every home game then they would bring the money to a collection point before the game.... This would/could be considered community service....
If this was posted on the forums and other sites.. I do believe this would go over great.... You could name a different school district each week.... Starkville, Webster, Lowndes, Clay, Noxubee and Winston... I do know that Salvation Army has a large request for toys in November.... If someone brought a BALL (football, basketball, baseball, soccer, etc) to the Egg Bowl. Just a suggestion.....

Political Hack
06-14-2017, 11:12 AM
Get the Greek council on campus involved. They'd be a great start.