PDA

View Full Version : Dan Wolken interviewed by Neal and Parham.

BeardoMSU
06-13-2017, 01:29 PM
He brings some good perspective. Enjoy.

https://olemiss.rivals.com/news/oxford-exxon-podcast-dan-wolken-on-ole-miss-freeze-ncaa-and-more

Dawgs87
06-13-2017, 01:36 PM
His part starts at the 12 minute mark. Seems like he has a bad taste in his mouth for the confederates, but that's cool with me. 17 them.

Big4Dawg
06-13-2017, 01:45 PM
Listening now. Makes some really good points. Good interview.

ILOATHEBears
06-13-2017, 02:30 PM
Listening now. Makes some really good points. Good interview.

My question from his statements are about the penalties. He believes if the bears had fired Hey Hugh then they most likely get the self imposed penalties. Now defending Hey Hugh he thinks a suspension is coming. If that happens then there is no need to have the matrix. Wish he would have brought up how the matrix works based on level 1,2 etc...Best line to Neal was even if u take out Lewis u still have 20 penalties

beretta
06-13-2017, 03:10 PM
Cliff notes:
1. Dan Wolken is very connected to the Ncaa
2. If um had fired freeze, whole thing would be over
3. Wolken thinks um is grasping for straws (as we all do)
4. UM folks really think Leo Lewis lied, purposely,
5. UM folks don't know the definition of immunity as it pertains to an NCAA investigation
6. Wolken doesn't disagree LL lied, but doubts it....references Donny Tyndalls assistant who lied, admittingly so, and still got immunity
7. Neal acknowledges and is/was very pissed off about being lied to by UM for so long
8. Parham still can't see through his red and blue glasses
9. NCAA wants Freeze, no question about it
10.Nothing with the LL case, beneficial or not, affects what happens in July
11. UM 'has an uphill battle' coming up

starkvegasdawg
06-13-2017, 03:15 PM
Cliff notes:
5. UM folks don't know the definition of immunity as it pertains to an NCAA investigation
6. Wolken doesn't disagree LL lied, but doubts it....references Donny Tyndalls assistant who lied, admittingly so, and still got immunity
7. Neal acknowledges and is/was very pissed off about being lied to by UM for so long

So not a fan Neal is turning on them. Excellent.

dawgoneyall
06-13-2017, 03:19 PM
No one has addressed how Leo Lewis' name is public information.

Who, what, when, where and how......

Big4Dawg
06-13-2017, 03:19 PM
Thinks the NCAA will believe LL's story, although there is some difference in time. The fact that he named specifics (the car, what the booster looked liked, etc) should be enough. The story being off 1-2 hours - who cares. It's a kid who is trying to remember something that happened 2 years ago who he never thought he would have to tell someone ever again. He does not think that that kills his credibility.

dawgoneyall
06-13-2017, 03:20 PM
So not a fan Neal is turning on them. Excellent.

He was still excusing or explaining how the 13 class came about.

BeardoMSU
06-13-2017, 03:22 PM
Our pall Godfrey is telling people to "hold on to your butts"..."it's going to get weird"....and "it's going to get extremely entertaining"

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/6/13/15792980/ole-miss-podcast-hugh-freeze-ncaa

ShotgunDawg
06-13-2017, 03:26 PM
It's just amazing to take a step back and look at what cause Ole Miss is fighting for: the right to cheat

Yes, they are raising hell for the right cheat. What 17ed up world is this?

WinningIsRelentless
06-13-2017, 03:29 PM
It's just amazing to take a step back and look at what cause Ole Miss is fighting for: the right to cheat

Yes, they are raising hell for the right cheat. What 17ed up world is this?

It's there safe place

ckDOG
06-13-2017, 03:30 PM
Thinks the NCAA will believe LL's story, although there is some difference in time. The fact that he named specifics (the car, what the booster looked liked, etc) should be enough. The story being off 1-2 hours - who cares. It's a kid who is trying to remember something that happened 2 years ago who he never thought he would have to tell someone ever again. He does not think that that kills his credibility.

Still trying to come up with a motivation for LL to lie. Not saying he didn't or couldn't bc I don't have the facts available, but motivation is a huge part of it and I just don't see where that could come in?

Could LL and a combination of others be spiteful and lied to get OM in trouble? It's a possibility but not a likely one. No amateur player just waltzes into an NCAA office on his own accord (or at the urgency of his coach) to discuss matters that could jeopardize his amateur status and potentially fall back on his program. That's insane and not worth the risk to even the most spiteful ass holes. There is too much to lose.

Could the NCAA have pressured him into feeding them the story they wanted to complete the agenda against OM? Again, it's possible, but with the recent black eyes the NCAA has taken and with new folks running the investigative portion, this is not a risk the NCAA is likely to take.

What's happening here is that the NCAA stumbled across new info with the fallout from Tunsil and had some leads on SAs that likely took benefits. They took advantage of the opportunity to get them to confirm what they likely figured out was going on and here we are.

cheewgumm
06-13-2017, 03:34 PM
My favorite part about the interview is the Rebel guys explaining how they got all the players.

first they say everyone is cheating...BUT they got all these players the "right" way...though everyone else was trying to pay them.

TrapGame
06-13-2017, 03:40 PM
My favorite part about the interview is the Rebel guys explaining how they got all the players.

first they say everyone is cheating...BUT they got all these players the "right" way...though everyone else was trying to pay them.

Why would they need to cheat with that long, winning tradition and beautiful campus?******

ShotgunDawg
06-13-2017, 04:02 PM
As much as we think the Rebs are bad people, I get the feeling that many of these people just really believed with their heart that they were getting players due to Oxford, beautiful campus, and Freezus. And till this day, they just can't bring themselves to see that it's all bullshit.

If you look at it from that perspective while also realizing that Freeze doesnt want them to know the truth and would rather go down as a martyr, every move they've made makes sense.

MadDawg
06-13-2017, 04:11 PM
As much as we think the Rebs are bad people, I get the feeling that many of these people just really believed with their heart that they were getting players due to Oxford, beautiful campus, and Freezus. And till this day, they just can't bring themselves to see that it's all bullshit.

For your average joe-blow fan? Yes, you are right. They have believed all the b.s. propaganda from their mouthpieces in the media word for word. They are being falsely accused. First it was because they beat Alabama twice, so Alabama, the SEC and the NCAA all were trying to bring them down for some reason. Now the narrative has changed to it's all Dan Mullen and MSU's fault.

Dawgology
06-13-2017, 04:12 PM

If you look at it from that perspective while also realizing that Freeze doesnt want them to know the truth and would rather go down as a martyr, every move they've made makes sense.

That's a great point.

BeardoMSU
06-13-2017, 04:15 PM
Our pall Godfrey is telling people to "hold on to your butts"..."it's going to get weird"....and "it's going to get extremely entertaining"

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/6/13/15792980/ole-miss-podcast-hugh-freeze-ncaa

Also, Godfrey claims he's been working on a (soon to be released) piece for over a year and a half that's going to be very illuminating. I'm assuming he's referring to the supposed MSU side of things in all of this.

BeardoMSU
06-13-2017, 04:17 PM
Also thought it was funny that when Neal was asking Dan about his sources, he chimes "and I'm a journalist, too...blah blah", lol. He just had to sneak that in there in case Wolken wasn't aware; I'm sure he rolled his eyes at that, lol.

Bodaski
06-13-2017, 04:26 PM
Chase and Neal tried to steer Wolken where they wanted him to go, but they couldn't.

Negative Waves
06-13-2017, 04:40 PM
Also, Godfrey claims he's been working on a (soon to be released) piece for over a year and a half that's going to be very illuminating. I'm assuming he's referring to the supposed MSU side of things in all of this.

I wonder if Steve's twitter post today somewhat pertains to Godfrey's "scoop".

Link (https://mobile.twitter.com/ScoutSteveR/status/874708803492745216)

BeardoMSU
06-13-2017, 04:46 PM
I wonder if Steve's twitter post today somewhat pertains to Godfrey's "scoop".

Link (https://mobile.twitter.com/ScoutSteveR/status/874708803492745216)

Hope so. Someone can correct me, but I can't really recall Godfrey being a sunshine pumper like a Yancy, Chuck, etc., so I find his comments pretty interesting.

Dawgology
06-13-2017, 05:50 PM
Hope so. Someone can correct me, but I can't really recall Godfrey being a sunshine pumper like a Yancy, Chuck, etc., so I find his comments pretty interesting.

Godfrey has defended Ole Miss or completely ignored the facts since this all began. I would expect nothing less from him at this point. It's to be expected from Ole Miss mouthpices at this point. There will be several anti-MSU articles put out over the next couple weeks in an effort to deflect. At this point there are certain "journalists" that are absolutely incompetent (HOW can you still trust your sources on this stuff) or they are complicit with a cover-up/diversion strategy.

If he comes out with an ACTUAL fair and balanced article or one that lays out what's REALLY going on at Ole Miss then I will be truly, truly shocked.

RC3
06-13-2017, 06:04 PM
Godfrey is right. I didn't read his article but it is about to get weird and shocking. just hang on

StoneDawg
06-13-2017, 06:13 PM
Why does everyone think Leo lied?

Negative Waves
06-13-2017, 06:22 PM
Godfrey is right. I didn't read his article but it is about to get weird and shocking. just hang on

Hopefully in a good way. I think if State was in any way sniffing trouble, the local media would've been pasting it in the front page of the sports section and leading off the 6 o'clock news with it. All we've heard are insane conspiracy theories from the bears.

state66
06-13-2017, 06:54 PM

The only way they can get rid of that Level 1 from Leo's admission is to discredit it. Ole Miss defense is trying to say his admission was incomplete and inconsistent. Its the only play they have and the fan base is running with it.

BrunswickDawg
06-13-2017, 07:25 PM
Would be a great time for another NOA to hit OM for 2017 infractions that occurred while the NCAA was investigating 2016 infractions that occurred while they were investigating 2013 infractions that occurred while they were investigating the ACT stuff from 2010.

MrKotter
06-13-2017, 07:44 PM

Because that's what om and the ignorant Mississippi media has been spewing. The school and shop owner can't stand they gave a bunch of stuff to a couple kids who went to their rival then turned their backs on om and RR by owning up to what went down. They thought they owned these kids and are pissed they don't.

Turfdawg67
06-13-2017, 08:01 PM
For your average joe-blow fan? Yes, you are right. They have believed all the b.s. propaganda from their mouthpieces in the media word for word. They are being falsely accused. First it was because they beat Alabama twice, so Alabama, the SEC and the NCAA all were trying to bring them down for some reason. Now the narrative has changed to it's all Dan Mullen and MSU's fault.

BS! Shotgun is 100% correct. If we signed a top 5 recruiting class this year, 92.7% of us would try to rationalize it... 1) Well, Dan has built a solid foundation 2) DAK! 3) He's been voted 2nd best coach in the SEC 4) Starkville is growing and eventually they'll re-pave Hwy 12... etc...

Liverpooldawg
06-13-2017, 08:09 PM
BS! Shotgun is 100% correct. If we signed a top 5 recruiting class this year, 92.7% of us would try to rationalize it... 1) Well, Dan has built a solid foundation 2) DAK! 3) He's been voted 2nd best coach in the SEC 4) Starkville is growing and eventually they'll re-pave Hwy 12... etc...

Most of the ones I know think it's a witch hunt and they did nothing wrong.

Mimi's Babies
06-13-2017, 08:15 PM
Still trying to come up with a motivation for LL to lie. Not saying he didn't or couldn't bc I don't have the facts available, but motivation is a huge part of it and I just don't see where that could come in?

Could LL and a combination of others be spiteful and lied to get OM in trouble? It's a possibility but not a likely one. No amateur player just waltzes into an NCAA office on his own accord (or at the urgency of his coach) to discuss matters that could jeopardize his amateur status and potentially fall back on his program. That's insane and not worth the risk to even the most spiteful ass holes. There is too much to lose.

Could the NCAA have pressured him into feeding them the story they wanted to complete the agenda against OM? Again, it's possible, but with the recent black eyes the NCAA has taken and with new folks running the investigative portion, this is not a risk the NCAA is likely to take.

What's happening here is that the NCAA stumbled across new info with the fallout from Tunsil and had some leads on SAs that likely took benefits. They took advantage of the opportunity to get them to confirm what they likely figured out was going on and here we are.

Tunsil was the icing on the cake....... FACT.....

ShotgunDawg
06-13-2017, 08:24 PM

Yup.

It's a lot like how an overbearing parent is with their kid.

It's not that the parent is dumb or a bad person, it's that they are so emotionally tied to that kid that they've lost the ability to see things objectively.

With the exception of some of the clowns that have agendas, I think most of these OM fans are good people that are simply too close & too emotionally tied to the situation to see it objectively. Like MSU fans, they've always believed their campus is pretty, Oxford/Starkville is a great town, & that they have a great stadium & game day atmosphere that every one should want to play at.

Thus, when you start landing recruits, it just becomes confirmation bias because you agree with what the recruit believes. It's like preferring to hear what you want to hear rather than the truth.

Their capacity to to see this thing objectively is lost. It's like trying to explain how terrorism is wrong to an insurgent

Barking 13
06-13-2017, 09:01 PM
"It's like trying to explain how terrorism is wrong to an insurgent" I spit tea....:D

Reason2succeed
06-13-2017, 09:03 PM

I think the rebels are planning on doing something (else) stupid like suing the NCAA.

Don't forget Rebels see themselves like this
https://68.media.tumblr.com/029706e64d8c9b733bd2bd8174f158d4/tumblr_njivqjIxio1t55xupo1_500.gif

jdwhite
06-14-2017, 06:23 AM
Cliff notes:

He made a point of how much all the other coaches dislike Freeze when talking off the record. Made a point about it not being the normal snipping but real dislike.

Also asked an question about what did LL have to gain by lying about RR. (OM compliance appears to be the ones who connected the dots between RR, coach and LL from the text message on the coach's phone and gave it to NCAA)

LeakyD
06-14-2017, 07:17 AM
Wolken also talked about lack of discipline from within the OM program. Every time they "investigate" themselves, they come up clean. The heckling at the play: didn't do it. Robert Nk's drug problem never addressed with real discipline. No way he got where he was at the end of his career without staff knowing it. If Freeze loved his players like he claims, there would at least be a little accountability for his elite players.

Reason2succeed
06-14-2017, 08:21 AM
Dan basically said "Freeze is full of ish" without out saying "Freeze is full of ish".

Dawgology
06-14-2017, 08:58 AM

I don't think so. There is a big difference here. I would be excited and know that Mullen has sustained success over the past 7 years here and has shown the world he can put people in the NFL and they will succeed. And yes...Dak. That's how you build tradition. You can't even come close to comparing that with what Ole Miss did. They were coming off of a 7 win season preceeded by 3 years of winning less than 4 games a year and no SEC games. They turn around and sign a top 5 class??? Apples to oranges, man.

MadDawg
06-14-2017, 09:22 AM
Most of the ones I know think it's a witch hunt and they did nothing wrong.

Yeah, I'm not really even sure what they are disagreeing about.