PDA

View Full Version : NBA season is over....

Dawg61
06-12-2017, 11:25 PM
and until now there wasn't one single post on the front page of this board or SPS about it. I haven't watched a single game all season including playoffs and I am a diehard sports fan that loves basketball. Just not professional basketball. Something ain't right here I just am not sure what it is. Anyone else notice this?

Bully13
06-12-2017, 11:38 PM
That is weird 61. Haven't thought about that. About the only time I watch hoops is when MSU plays but when I do watch some NBA occasionally, I'm always awestruck at how good those guys are. Incredible athletes and how the finals made it through without a thread is indeed hard to explain.

BrunswickDawg
06-13-2017, 05:59 AM
Couple of things. The quality of the NBA game has improved overall in the past 3-4 years, but it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Golden State and Cleveland were going to meet in the finals. When you season is predicable, there ain't shit to talk about.

I think that is the same thing that caused the EPL thread on the BS board to die out. It was pretty well known after December that no one could catch Chelsea, and posts just died.

Dawgface
06-13-2017, 07:10 AM
I didn't realize they played last night until I saw a score this morning.

shoeless joe
06-13-2017, 07:28 AM
I watched several finals games...only games I watched all year. I just don't like professional basketball for several reasons.

But I did find the makeout session between west and Thompson last nite to be fairly entertaining

GreenheadDawg
06-13-2017, 07:48 AM
I hate pro basketball so if it weren't for the internet I wouldn't even know who played in the finals.

BuckyIsAB****
06-13-2017, 08:48 AM
Kevin Durant ruined the NBA

BigEasyDawg
06-13-2017, 08:56 AM
I am a HUGE San Antonio Spurs fan, and barely could watch the nba finals. There is no defense anymore and both teams would fire up a shot with 16 seconds remaining on the shot clock.

PLUS. Kevin Durant is good and he is the reason Golden State won, but I can not get past the mindset. He lossed to a team, and instead of working hard and coming back next year to beat them, he just joined them. That is trash

fader2103
06-13-2017, 10:18 AM
I hate the NBA, you have maybe 3 legit teams in the NBA Warriors, Cavs, Spurs. Also the only time a team will compete now is they have at least 3 superstars on a team, so the Spurs are out on that now after Tim Duncan retired. I have no respect for LeBron after his time here in Jackson at his camp. (Told his security guard to take a kid's camera away from him...and yes its true it happened one of my best friends was working security during it.)