PDA

View Full Version : This is what a REAL Head Coach looks like.......

Mimi's Babies
06-12-2017, 10:36 PM
https://www.facebook.com/coachlisle/

Humble.....

Reason2succeed
06-12-2017, 10:49 PM
Sorry to jack your thread but this is what a REAL academic institution does.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19618509/colorado-buffaloes-suspend-phil-distefano-reprimand-mike-macintyre-rick-george

It starts off sounding eerily familiar.

Colorado's board of regents and university system president Bruce Benson announced the sanctions Monday after releasing the findings of a school-commissioned investigation by the WilmerHale law firm. The probe determined that DiStefano, MacIntyre and George did not intentionally cover up the information they received or break the law, but "mistakes were made," said Ken Salazar, the former U.S. senator and interior secretary who advised the school during its investigation.

But then they made a sharp deviation from the OM playbook.

"As I have stated since January, "I take full responsibility for my actions, and as the director of athletics, I hold myself to a high standard of conduct," George said in a statement. "I am fully committed to being part of the solutions that the campus will implement over the coming weeks and months. We will make any necessary changes and support a culture of values and respect and integrity. We must do better -- and we will."

Like Colorado the right thing for OM to do would be to punish everyone on the hostage video....but we know they won't do that.

Mimi's Babies
06-12-2017, 11:09 PM
Sorry to jack your thread but this is what a REAL academic institution does.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19618509/colorado-buffaloes-suspend-phil-distefano-reprimand-mike-macintyre-rick-george

It starts off sounding eerily familiar.

Colorado's board of regents and university system president Bruce Benson announced the sanctions Monday after releasing the findings of a school-commissioned investigation by the WilmerHale law firm. The probe determined that DiStefano, MacIntyre and George did not intentionally cover up the information they received or break the law, but "mistakes were made," said Ken Salazar, the former U.S. senator and interior secretary who advised the school during its investigation.

But then they made a sharp deviation from the OM playbook.

"As I have stated since January, "I take full responsibility for my actions, and as the director of athletics, I hold myself to a high standard of conduct," George said in a statement. "I am fully committed to being part of the solutions that the campus will implement over the coming weeks and months. We will make any necessary changes and support a culture of values and respect and integrity. We must do better -- and we will."

Like Colorado the right thing for OM to do would be to punish everyone on the hostage video....but we know they won't do that.

You did not hi-jack this thread.... this simply goes hand in hand.....

The HEAD COACH is RESPONSIBLE for his employees/coaches, players and recruits in every way.
The Director of Athletics should be holding Everyone responsible in the athletic department....
The President should be saying "What the Crap" Boosters, just stop.....
Where is IHL in this mess?????

YET, Neither have taken responsibility for their actions nor their lack of actions.....

Jack Lambert
06-13-2017, 06:33 AM
https://www.facebook.com/coachlisle/

Humble.....

He looks like the WWE owners son.

Joe Schmedlap
06-13-2017, 07:03 AM
Wow. It looks as if Colorado went overboard to me with that response. The head coach notified his boss almost immediately. The alleged victim was not on campus, not a student, and not affiliated in any way to the university. For all the head coach knew, this was merely an allegation with no proof. I guess the powers that be are pissed because the assistant coach wasn't immediately suspended without pay pending an investigation. The Buffalo defensive coordinator bolted for a new job before the bowl game and maybe that's why the assistant wasn't immediately suspended. That part does give the appearance of malleable ethics to fit the circumstances at the time. I'm not sure why the university title IX rep would have any jurisdiction over this case at all though given the circumstances. I think the HC did everything right other than immediately suspending the assistant. "Mistakes were made" and the university has responded above and beyond what may have been necessary. What a stark contrast to the shitbirds up north.