PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ellis is terrible

FlabLoser
09-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Had to listen to him today. He doesn't describe most plays as they happen. Says the name of the ball carrier, stutters, struggles for words. Well after the play is over he says how many yards were gained or lost, otherwise never having given any clue about what had happened on the play.

A give to Robinson, and he spins around, keeps running. And he's going to be tackled buy, uh....well it was a nice move and uh (insert name) made the tackle. That's what you want to see...blagh blagh....and it will be 2nd and 7.

On one long play he actually called out "he got to the 20, the 15, the 10, the 5...." after the play was over. He kinda paused and watched it all happen, then gave that description after the play was over.

Jim is a color guy doing play by play. Except he's not really a color guy either. He needs to give up football and give somebody else a try.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2013, 11:47 PM
Mullen will be available soon

Jacksondevildog
09-14-2013, 11:47 PM
Listening to our pregame, game, and postgame sounds like what I imagine the Mayberry high school crew would sound like.

"Gee willickers". "Shazam". "Well, I'll be".

I would love to work for MSU athletics. Just sustain a pulse and show up to work on time and you will always have a job.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-14-2013, 11:49 PM
Mullen will be available soon

Don't get your ****ing hopes up, kind of like this season...

Todd4State
09-14-2013, 11:52 PM
Listening to our pregame, game, and postgame sounds like what I imagine the Mayberry high school crew would sound like.

"Gee willickers". "Shazam". "Well, I'll be".

I would love to work for MSU athletics. Just sustain a pulse and show up to work on time and you will always have a job.

Name three things you can say in the stands during a MSU game and not get a Bible lecture from the Blue heads.

Jacksondevildog
09-14-2013, 11:54 PM
We have too many old fans that are just glad to be there so they can buy their popcorn, hotdog, sprite and piss and shit 7 times during the 1st quarter as they pass in front of me. It's like I resent them because I feel they hold us back, but everyone has them. Ours just suck more.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2013, 11:56 PM
We have too many old fans that are just glad to be there so they can buy their popcorn, hotdog, sprite and piss and shit 7 times during the 1st quarter as they pass in front of me. It's like I resent them because I feel they hold us back, but everyone has them. Ours just suck more.

It is sad and true, yet I am sitting here laughing my ass off at this post

Maroonthirteen
09-15-2013, 06:17 AM
Yeah, I agree. I had to make a run during the 1st quarter. He is terrible. Very bad. Your discreption is accurate.

dawgoneyall
09-15-2013, 07:05 AM
I laughed. But it is the damn little bastards that parade back and forth

Mjoelner34
09-15-2013, 07:37 AM
Spot on. I had to catch a good portion of the 1st half on radio and you are exactly right. I kept waiting to hear who coached some random Auburn player when he was six years old living in Butt ****, Idaho then I realized this was football instead of baseball. I think the years of doing baseball have Jim set in a broadcasting pace that doesn't go well with football.

BeastMan
09-15-2013, 09:20 AM
I had to catch 2nd half of OSU on the radio and Ellis is painful to listen to. Great for baseball but awful for football. Old, slipping Jack Cristil was better. I do like Wyatt in the booth. He does a nice job. Correro still does Correro on the sideline which makes me chuckle when they go down to him

Original48
09-15-2013, 09:38 AM
I don't even think he's good for baseball Beast. I ripped him on sixpack several months ago and people would hear none of it. I even had somebody say 'listen to this and tell me again Jim Ellis is horrible!!!' and posted the Burke Masters homerun call. Hey, we're lucky there wasn't a pitching or half inning change before that or we all would have missed it! And don't tell me its a programming thing. Bart never misses a pitch coming back from break. Jim mumbles about Luvell for 90 seconds at the end of an inning THEN takes it to break..and the rest of the commercials run. Bart mixes those live spots in when they get back from commercial so we don't miss any action. Bart is so much better than Jim in my opinion.

BeastMan
09-15-2013, 09:54 AM
I guess I'm just more accustomed to him doing baseball. I just remember being pissed for the OSU game b/c I didn't know what was going on. It would be 3rd and 3, he say "the RB plunged ahead", then freaking silence. Or he'd talk about something else. I'm sitting in my car wondering why Ellis won't say "He appears close OR it looks short OR he got the 1rst down". You would have no idea how that play turned out until 25 seconds after it was over when we sent out the punting unit

Infidel
09-15-2013, 01:11 PM
I have criticized him on another board and got a lot of flack over it. He annoys me with those word "explosions' as well as "Here's a mussage from Mussussuppi State" (which grates on my last nerve).