PDA

View Full Version : Stricklin

Raytoraid83
09-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Does stricklin have the balls to fire Mullen if he goes 4-8?

cheewgumm
09-14-2013, 11:37 PM
Not this year.

Jacksondevildog
09-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Hell no. He will probably extend his contract to the 4 year max. I know they don't think this, but I could see our athletic department saying, "Shit, let's ride this Omaha momentum for a while. Who gives a shit if we only win 4 games in football?"

The fact that there are no current plans to renovate Dudy Noble should be grounds to fire Stricklin and whoever works for him as well as who hired Stricklin.

Coach34
09-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Does stricklin have the balls to fire Mullen if he goes 4-8?

Stricklin wont have the permission from Keenum to do it even if he did.

Keenum runs the show

Todd4State
09-14-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm in the minority I guess. Yes, I think Dan will be gone if we go 4-8.

Let's not forget- Croom was fired one year after his Liberty Bowl appearance. The expectations for football have been raised- and we're not just content with going to a bowl anymore.

Coach34
09-14-2013, 11:49 PM
Croom wasnt the winningest coach we've had in his 1st four seasons since WW II either

Entering tonight, we were tied with USC as the 33rd winningest program in the nation since 2010. I'm pissed too and cant believe we gave this one away- but there is alot of football left

Jacksondevildog
09-14-2013, 11:51 PM
If Ole Miss kicks our ass bad enough and we go 4-8, they will have a tough decision to make. Common sense says to keep him for one more year, but the fan base will be pissed and support will start to dwindle with the stadium being enlarged. Mullen picked a bad year for 4-8 (or sub .500 record).

Majors42
09-14-2013, 11:55 PM
Croom wasnt the winningest coach we've had in his 1st four seasons since WW II either

Entering tonight, we were tied with USC as the 33rd winningest program in the nation since 2010. I'm pissed too and cant believe we gave this one away- but there is alot of football left

Exactly, this one sucks and it hurts bad but Mullen has taken this program to where we do have the expectations that we have and he deserves our support this year. I'm pissed but the guy has done more for our university in 4/5 years than any single person has ever done. Maybe next to Cohen.

Todd4State
09-14-2013, 11:57 PM
If Ole Miss kicks our ass bad enough and we go 4-8, they will have a tough decision to make. Common sense says to keep him for one more year, but the fan base will be pissed and support will start to dwindle with the stadium being enlarged. Mullen picked a bad year for 4-8 (or sub .500 record).

This is my thinking too. Plus, it's not like Dan is the most well liked person on campus.

Todd4State
09-15-2013, 12:01 AM
Exactly, this one sucks and it hurts bad but Mullen has taken this program to where we do have the expectations that we have and he deserves our support this year. I'm pissed but the guy has done more for our university in 4/5 years than any single person has ever done. Maybe next to Cohen.

I'd debate that Jackie did more. Jackie beat some really good teams during his first 4-5 years- like Florida under Spurrier when they had Shane Matthews. The only bad thing about that was it made the MSU athletic administration think that playing games on Thursday was a great idea. He beat Texas twice, beat Tennessee when they had Peyton Manning and beat Ole Miss about as many times as Dan has in the first three-four years.

And that was just his first four years- I'm not even including his best days which would come later when he was beating Alabama, winning the SEC West, and 1999.

Jacksondevildog
09-15-2013, 12:02 AM
Bad timing again for Dan because Cohen has the fanbase believing that you can compete for a national title. I understand that it's easier for us to compete in baseball than football, but the expectations of State fans have changed over the past decade. There are more knowledgable and younger fans in the fan base and every aspect of the program can almost be viewed because of technology and the media. If you are f'ing up, it will be noticed. Our fans are demanding more. It's time for our administration to do the same.

bobcat91
09-15-2013, 12:05 AM
This is my thinking too. Plus, it's not like Dan is the most well liked person on campus.

That's true, but tell you how backwards our Athletic Department is, there are folks there that still want Croom back and Cohen gone because he curses. There truly is no intelligent life there.

As for Stricklin, he is a lounge lizard. He smoozes the crowd, but is clueless. He should have been fired for not even having plans for DN after our run. That is incompetence at the highest level.

Jacksondevildog
09-15-2013, 12:09 AM
This is the most accurate post that I have read on the message boards in years and I read all of them.

Remember the ceremony that they had at Dudy Noble after the title game? We all were thinking they would announce plans for a renovation? Hell no. They set up a bunch of plastic chairs on a make-shift stage with a couple of plastic plants that were in the Bryan Building and had a ceremony. I know they had little time to throw something together, but it was like a middle school football banquet. Small thinking. Saban would have looked at that and told them to **** off.

That's true, but tell you how backwards our Athletic Department is, there are folks there that still want Croom back and Cohen gone because he curses. There truly is no intelligent life there.

As for Stricklin, he is a lounge lizard. He smoozes the crowd, but is clueless. He should have been fired for not even having plans for DN after our run. That is incompetence at the highest level.