mstatefan91
06-12-2017, 05:32 PM
Well, when you put it that way... ouch

SailingDawg
06-12-2017, 05:33 PM
because they hurt his feelings!

Pollodawg
06-12-2017, 05:34 PM
Two kids being punished for cooperating. Never thought I'd see the day.

Reason2succeed
06-12-2017, 05:38 PM
Snitches get stitches!!!*** Wait wtf?!?

Pollodawg
06-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Snitches get stitches!!!*** Wait wtf?!?
How can you be a snitch if there's nothing for you to snitch and it's all lies? Hmmmm......

sorrydog
06-12-2017, 05:41 PM
You think folks take kids playing sports a little too serious?
Get a life.

Dawgface
06-12-2017, 05:44 PM
Boy...the OM clan(no pun intended) have all bought in. Saw some post on Facebook where they are all giddy about the lawsuit. Proud that the RR owner is protecting his good name. I thought I would puke.

JoseBrown
06-12-2017, 05:44 PM
And they been outside everyday trying to improve their craft with no air conditioning. While those rich white guys sit in their a/c 'ed offices stroking to pictures of the young black men playing for their shitty university. Guck Frove!!

Reason2succeed
06-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Dang kids should have never been in his store...*** Wait this is some BS!

Reason2succeed
06-12-2017, 05:54 PM
If we don't get this under control next thing you know there will be recruits going into folks houses and taking all of their guns and stuff! Hold on wait?!?

WSOPdawg
06-12-2017, 06:20 PM
If we don't get this under control next thing you know there will be recruits going into folks houses and taking all of their guns and stuff! Hold on wait?!?

there will be star players threatening to go postal and shoot up a bar with a AK47 or do the Superman out/through a 5th-story hotel window! Hold on wait?!?

msbulldog
06-12-2017, 06:28 PM
You think folks take kids playing sports a little too serious?
Get a life.

You're right! +1

Acid mouth
06-13-2017, 10:23 AM
It'd be nice to get the Reverend Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson to campus. Anyone that thinks this idea came from anyone other than the TSUN AD is na?ve.

Reason2succeed
06-13-2017, 10:36 AM
It'd be nice to get the Reverend Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson to campus. Anyone that thinks this idea came from anyone other than the TSUN AD is na?ve.

Call MSNBC. Rachel Maddow or Lawrence O'Donnell would have a great time with this one.

Jack Lambert
06-13-2017, 10:38 AM
VERRRY GOOD LOOK, olemiss.

If it doesn't have merit the Judge could sanction the lawyer. I am not a lawyer but there is a rule to keep rich people and lawyers from ****ing with other people. I guess it also goes the other way.

Acid mouth
06-13-2017, 11:36 AM
I think now is a good time for them to remove the confederate soldier as a mascot as well as the slave owner's wife as a nickname. It's apparent that TSUN will not evolve from the 1800's without a little help from their big brother

1bigdawg
06-13-2017, 05:06 PM
If it doesn't have merit the Judge could sanction the lawyer. I am not a lawyer but there is a rule to keep rich people and lawyers from ****ing with other people. I guess it also goes the other way.

As far as I know, one judge charged a lawyer in Vicksburg with a frivolous lawsuit in the '90s, not long after the law had passed. Then the trial lawyers around the State raised the most ever spent at the time for an opponent of that judge when he was up for re-election and he was soundly defeated.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-14-2017, 12:03 AM
They're poor?

Reason2succeed
06-14-2017, 06:39 AM
They're poor?

They're college students with no source of income so I'd have to say yeah.

starkvegasdawg
06-14-2017, 06:43 AM
At least they haven't made any of the players change their name to Toby.

(Rep to first person that can nail the movie reference.)

Reason2succeed
06-14-2017, 06:49 AM
At least they haven't made any of the players change their name to Toby.

(Rep to first person that can nail the movie reference.)

Roots
And I'll take those rep points. Thank you.

starkvegasdawg
06-14-2017, 06:57 AM
Roots
And I'll take those rep points. Thank you.

They're yours.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-14-2017, 08:56 AM
They're college students with no source of income so I'd have to say yeah.

do they have families?

Political Hack
06-14-2017, 09:00 AM
do they have families?

Is he sueing their families?

Really Clark?
06-14-2017, 09:09 AM
do they have families?

Are you really trying to question the economic disparity between Warren and his High Cotton businesses vs overwhelming number of student athletes who come from poverty and 86% of them are below the poverty line while in college. It's a pretty good guess that even if they were not from an extremely poor family the income disparity between the two is enormous

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-14-2017, 09:15 AM
Is he sueing their families?

uh yes! mothers were mentioned...and do you think kids disassociate with their families when they go to college? wtf?

Mimi's Babies
06-14-2017, 09:22 AM
They're poor?

Single family income...... Which is sad that a parent who has taught their child to do what is right and correct, to tell the truth, etc. would be subject to this bunch of BS..... This is probably the greatest form of BULLYING I have ever seen. Bullying Laws are covered into College also.

MSU OP 31.01: DEFINITION OF A STUDENT
Purpose:To provide uniform guidelines defining a student at Mississippi State University.
Policy: Certain members of the campus academic community at Mississippi State University shall be
designated ‘students’ by the University, affording them certain rights and responsibilities different
and distinct from those of the other members of the community (ie., faculty and staff).

Would this be a case of BULLYING at the college level?

Political Hack
06-14-2017, 09:51 AM
uh yes! mothers were mentioned...and do you think kids disassociate with their families when they go to college? wtf?

Disassociated? Not really sure what you mean by that...

I forgot the mothers are named, but it still doesn't matter. The crux of the suit will rest with the kids. It will ultimately be their word against his, combined with whatever proof they have. They know the burden of proof is higher in court than it is for the NCAA, so they're rolling the dice. But to the larger point here, the owner of Rebel Rags is likely much more wealthy than Leo's family. I have no clue how much money they have or make, but I've heard RR is taking in a lot annually through merchandise sales. If that's true, he's risking a fortune for a chance at minimal gains. So, financially, it's a dumb decision.

msbulldog
06-14-2017, 12:35 PM

I forgot the mothers are named, but it still doesn't matter. The crux of the suit will rest with the kids. It will ultimately be their word against his, combined with whatever proof they have. They know the burden of proof is higher in court than it is for the NCAA, so they're rolling the dice. But to the larger point here, the owner of Rebel Rags is likely much more wealthy than Leo's family. I have no clue how much money they have or make, but I've heard RR is taking in a lot annually through merchandise sales. If that's true, he's risking a fortune for a chance at minimal gains. So, financially, it's a dumb decision.

Hack I doubt financial gain is his motivation. He is very likely coordinating this with the Network and their lawyers and I am sure this has been in the planning stages for a long time.

FISHDAWG
06-14-2017, 12:48 PM
Hack I doubt financial gain is his motivation. He is very likely coordinating this with the Network and their lawyers and I am sure this has been in the planning stages for a long time.

of course it's not his motivation .... besides, it was testimony and it was private to the NCAA .... how can you claim defamation when it wasn't a public statement ?

Mimi's Babies
06-14-2017, 01:04 PM

There were "clothes" as part of the benefits...

preachermatt83
06-14-2017, 01:08 PM
of course it's not his motivation .... besides, it was testimony and it was private to the NCAA .... how can you claim defamation when it wasn't a public statement ?

Exactly!!

Political Hack
06-14-2017, 02:44 PM

Yeah, unfortunately it'll probably get thrown out pretty quickly because of that. What's funny is that ole Miss is the only one who's released anything publicly, so it looks like he's going to have to sue them.

BossDawg
06-14-2017, 02:49 PM
Only in Oxford, MS. Pathetic. Way to make our state look like garbage, Rebs.

Mimi's Babies
06-14-2017, 04:50 PM
Mississippi was named THE MOST CORRUPT State in the United States.....

So now we have the most corrupt football team under the NCAA NOA that refuse to stop cheating while being investigated -- Corruption
We have a "unnamed booster", who identified himself, is now suing two "unnamed SA(s)" and their parents -- Corruption on the boosters part in more ways than one.
OM has brought on themselves, the total disgrace of, a NCAA NOA investigation involving the 49 SA(s), 12 Family Members, 14 boosters, and 3 3rd party businesses -- Corruption
Before you or your boosters bring anymore embarrassment on yourselves stop and think about what you have done to yourselves and others-- stop the corruption of minors.....

Please OM, Just STOP.....