PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Off Season - End of Year

I seen it dawg
06-12-2017, 04:08 PM
Few things on getting ready for next yr...

Pitchers - easy work on mechanics to gain a repeatable delivery so strikes can be thrown. Health.
Skelton - work your ass off bc next yr is your chance
Stovall - next yr is your time to be a "captain". Lead the guys in off season. Be that guy.
Grid - hope you stay and if so you're THE team leader. Relish that role and become more vocal.
Bragg - please please take your last game and realize you have a chance to be a player. WORK.
Vansau - work on your defense and bat speed
Macnamee - use the finish to the yr and realize you can be a middle guy in our lineup. Get stronger.
Jake - if you stay be less selfish at the plate. You will hit .400 that way. Get stronger to add some pop.

If you aren't listed here (Pilk and Self being exceptions) you better get your ass in gear and figure out a way to make this team and a contribution next yr. Cann is gonna bring exceptional talent into the program starting now so the competition for roster spots is about to heat up. Time to go to work.

Special shout out to Cody Brown. Please leave your bag of "grit" for everyone to get some of.

Tbonewannabe
06-12-2017, 04:15 PM
I will say that this summer is probably going to make or break Alexander. If he can go develop in the Cape then maybe he could make a jump next year. If not then I hope he likes playing defense in the 9th because hitting below .200 isn't going to cut it.

I seen it dawg
06-12-2017, 04:17 PM
I will say that this summer is probably going to make or break Alexander. If he can go develop in the Cape then maybe he could make a jump next year. If not then I hope he likes playing defense in the 9th because hitting below .200 isn't going to cut it.

If he doesn't figure out how to hit he may be playing defense at delta state

BuckyIsAB****
06-12-2017, 04:37 PM

Him and Tanner Poole

CadaverDawg
06-12-2017, 04:45 PM
Few things on getting ready for next yr...

Pitchers - easy work on mechanics to gain a repeatable delivery so strikes can be thrown. Health.
Skelton - work your ass off bc next yr is your chance
Stovall - next yr is your time to be a "captain". Lead the guys in off season. Be that guy.
Grid - hope you stay and if so you're THE team leader. Relish that role and become more vocal.
Bragg - please please take your last game and realize you have a chance to be a player. WORK.
Vansau - work on your defense and bat speed
Macnamee - use the finish to the yr and realize you can be a middle guy in our lineup. Get stronger.
Jake - if you stay be less selfish at the plate. You will hit .400 that way. Get stronger to add some pop.

If you aren't listed here (Pilk and Self being exceptions) you better get your ass in gear and figure out a way to make this team and a contribution next yr. Cann is gonna bring exceptional talent into the program starting now so the competition for roster spots is about to heat up. Time to go to work.

Special shout out to Cody Brown. Please leave your bag of "grit" for everyone to get some of.

Strong. I agree with all of it.

And I think Cole Gordon should focus on pitching. That lumberjack approach ain't going to cut it in the SEC at the plate.

MarketingBully
06-12-2017, 04:59 PM
We will be in exceptional shape next year IF the draft doesn't massacre us. If all we lose are 2-3 players plus Gridley and Rooker, we should be competing for a regional host at worst and national seed at best. If we get massacred and lose say 5-6 plus lose Gridley, Rooker, and Mangum, then I could see us just be a regional team. We should know a lot over the next few days just how good our team could be next year.