PDA

View Full Version : Has Dan's team ever made plays down the stretch to win a game?

FlabLoser
09-14-2013, 11:22 PM
2009 Losing to LSU at the goal line
Losing in OT to Arkansas at home
2011 Losing @ Auburn at the 1 yard line
2013 Losing @ Auburn in the last 10 seconds

I'm sure there is more.

We won @ UF on the last play, but that was because UF missed a field goal. UF lost more than we won.

We tightened up to win @ Troy.

Mostly, this team has no heart. No guts. If we need a play or a series to win at the end, we never get it.

CrazyEyeKilla
09-14-2013, 11:35 PM
I have been trying to think of that one time myself. To me, we always stall in the second half once we have a lead. The first game that comes to mind is that Florida game. We also did the same shit at Troy. There is no question in my mind that, for some reason, Mullen's asshole tightens up once we have a lead and he prays we don't lose it. It is unacceptable. I even got banned on SPS back in 2009 for stating something about Mullen's shit offensive stalls.

maroonmania
09-14-2013, 11:37 PM
Not to beat a team worth anything. If we don't have a lead we can't make the play at the end to win and if we do have a lead we sit on it and hope and pray the other team can't make a play or drive to win in the same manner we can't.

TXDawg
09-15-2013, 01:28 AM
Tennessee last year.

That's the only one I can think of.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-15-2013, 08:02 AM
La Tech in 2011, but that last play was just the bullshit luck that usually happens against us.

maroonmania
09-15-2013, 08:11 AM
On the losing side you left out Auburn 2010. In the last 4 meetings we've actually outscored Auburn by 4 points but are 1-3 (won by 18, lost by 3, 7 and 4). You also left out the 14-12 gutwrencher to South Carolina.

Most of the games we've won in close fashion have all been non-conference games.

MrKotter
09-15-2013, 08:30 AM

I'm sure there is more.

We won @ UF on the last play, but that was because UF missed a field goal. UF lost more than we won.

Mostly, this team has no heart. No guts. If we need a play or a series to win at the end, we never get it.

So, you say in one thread you listened to the game and didn't watch and by that you can justify saying this team has no heart even though you didn't see shit? Is this correct?

I saw a bunch of kids playing their ass off. Problem is the HC is dickless and went full tard to close out the game.

bgdog
09-15-2013, 09:08 AM
So, you say in one thread you listened to the game and didn't watch and by that you can justify saying this team has no heart even though you didn't see shit? Is this correct?

I saw a bunch of kids playing their ass off. Problem is the HC is dickless and went full tard to close out the game.

I agree. Heart isn't the issue. I like the players a lot.

I seen it dawg
09-15-2013, 09:12 AM

I'm sure there is more.

That's wrong. The players play their ass off. Our head coach has no guts. When it comes to nut-cutting time our players look to our HC and that's what they see. No heart. No guts. Get that shit straight.

Saltydog
09-15-2013, 09:51 AM
game over. One more first down would've sealed the game.

corona con lima
09-15-2013, 10:00 AM
game over. One more first down would've sealed the game.

I felt the same way. Will it ever change?

Political Hack
09-15-2013, 10:20 AM
2009 Kentucky
2010 UGA
2010 Florida
2011 LaTech
2011 Wake Forest
2012 Troy
2012 Tennessee

We've crapped the bed against Auburn 2 or 3 times though.