PDA

View Full Version : So now we see OM strategy

lamont
06-12-2017, 02:14 PM
OM is a school that has voluntarily given authority to the NCAA and abide by its rules. However, OM has severely broken those rules. A lawsuit against the NCAA is one they likely would not win plus it would take years to finish.

So in a move to get the LOIC and show cause of Freeze removed- they are having a booster sue the actual athletes over their testimony to the NCAA. Most people believe the athletes to be truthful however, you cant really prove cash transactions or being handed free gear really happened. There is no record of a transaction- this is the OM stance.

Interesting though that Tunsil/Miller in 2013, Lewis in 2015, and then Jones in 2016- all have that accusation in common. They are from different towns, high schools, and/or states. How come the only common theme is Rebel Rags? Why do OM recruits keep coming into contact with Rebel Boosters? It shows a pattern of behavior and how Rags isnt being singled out or lied about. They sell OM apparel on campus- why are coaches taking them to a Booster instead????

EAVdog
06-12-2017, 02:19 PM
OM is a school that has voluntarily given authority to the NCAA and abide by its rules. However, OM has severely broken those rules. A lawsuit against the NCAA is one they likely would not win plus it would take years to finish.

So in a move to get the LOIC and show cause of Freeze removed- they are having a booster sue the actual athletes over their testimony to the NCAA. Most people believe the athletes to be truthful however, you cant really prove cash transactions or being handed free gear really happened. There is no record of a transaction- this is the OM stance.

Interesting though that Tunsil/Miller in 2013, Lewis in 2015, and then Jones in 2016- all have that accusation in common. They are from different towns, high schools, and/or states. How come the only common theme is Rebel Rags? Why do OM recruits keep coming into contact with Rebel Boosters? It shows a pattern of behavior and how Rags isnt being singled out or lied about. They sell OM apparel on campus- why are coaches taking them to a Booster instead????

They are hoping to get LL and KJ and Lindsey Miller to recant their stories to weaken the NCAA case. What do they think they would gain 'monetarily' as redress from the damage they claim their business has and will suffer? It's a scare tactic, and you can bet they will do everything they can to rope in Mullen somehow. They are going for broke, they know they're toast and want us to be brought down with them. Nothing more.

Pollodawg
06-12-2017, 02:21 PM
They essentially gave the NCAA subpoena power.

lamont
06-12-2017, 02:25 PM
They essentially gave the NCAA subpoena power.

But the OM position is- if a court doesnt accept their testimony then the NCAA cant use it. The NCAA cant use it- LOIC and Failure to monitor go away because it wasnt in the original NOA.

QuadrupleOption
06-12-2017, 02:28 PM
Most people believe the athletes to be truthful however, you cant really prove cash transactions or being handed free gear really happened. There is no record of a transaction- this is the OM stance.

Isn't the relevant question here whether or not Rebel Rags can prove the transactions DIDN'T happen? They are the ones stating that Leo Lewis and Kobe Jones are lying - they have to prove it.
And sorry, but hanging your hopes on a "wad of cash" versus a "bag of cash" is pretty damn thin. Good luck tho.

JDog13
06-12-2017, 02:28 PM
Rags to Bitches

Pollodawg
06-12-2017, 02:34 PM
But the OM position is- if a court doesnt accept their testimony then the NCAA cant use it. The NCAA cant use it- LOIC and Failure to monitor go away because it wasnt in the original NOA.

NCAA can accept whatever it wants.

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-12-2017, 02:36 PM

The NCAA and a court of law are two separate entities with their own set of rules to govern. In the NCAA, you don't have to prove something beyond a reasonable doubt. They can believe whatever they want, if they want to. Having said that, the NCAA has said they will not put anything into a NOA that they can't prove. The NCAA will laugh at them if they bring that to the table.

Big4Dawg
06-12-2017, 02:39 PM
It's super impressive that Mullen got Tunsil's step dad to lie as well. Mullen's sphere of influence is by far greater than any of us have imagined.

Really Clark?
06-12-2017, 02:44 PM

Failure to Monitor was in the first NOA

DawgNamedScuba
06-12-2017, 02:51 PM
It's super impressive that Mullen got Tunsil's step dad to lie as well. Mullen's sphere of influence is by far greater than any of us have imagined.

It's that Yankee Charm!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-12-2017, 02:53 PM
What came first...ole miss offering illegal benefits or Leo allegedly accepting them?

JoseBrown
06-12-2017, 04:00 PM
They are hoping to get LL and KJ and Lindsey Miller to recant their stories to weaken the NCAA case. What do they think they would gain 'monetarily' as redress from the damage they claim their business has and will suffer? It's a scare tactic, and you can bet they will do everything they can to rope in Mullen somehow. They are going for broke, they know they're toast and want us to be brought down with them. Nothing more.

I think you are absolutely correct that they want some recanted testimonials. But I think they want it in order to not be disassociated. Because I may be wrong, but if they get disassociated he will not be allowed license to sell all that "paraphernalia" and merch that they sell the shitbirds. If that's the case they will say bye bye to their revenue gravy train. I really think the RR owner stands a chance of being put out of business if disassociated.. But I could be wrong.

Tbonewannabe
06-12-2017, 04:18 PM
I think you are absolutely correct that they want some recanted testimonials. But I think they want it in order to not be disassociated. Because I may be wrong, but if they get disassociated he will not be allowed license to sell all that "paraphernalia" and merch that they sell the shitbirds. If that's the case they will say bye bye to their revenue gravy train. I really think the RR owner stands a chance of being put out of business if disassociated.. But I could be wrong.

Could he "sell" the business to someone in his family and keep the license? If he gets disassociated then he can just get someone else in his family to get his season tickets?

sandwolf
06-12-2017, 05:12 PM
Failure to Monitor was in the first NOAPretty sure he's referring the the charge against Freeze.

Really Clark?
06-12-2017, 05:20 PM
Pretty sure he's referring the the charge against Freeze.

Could be.

lamont
06-12-2017, 05:53 PM
Pretty sure he's referring the the charge against Freeze.

yes- all in to get rid of LOIC and FTM on Freeze.

JoseBrown
06-12-2017, 05:55 PM
Could he "sell" the business to someone in his family and keep the license? If he gets disassociated then he can just get someone else in his family to get his season tickets?

You know he's looking into shifting n hiding and every other thing he can do to keep the rev stream coming while he's disassociated.

HSVDawg
06-12-2017, 06:25 PM

The only problem is that none of that is true. The NCAA has no obligation to abide by any court decision about anything. Leo could fail 6 different lie detector tests about how much money he was given, lose the defamation suit, pay hundreds of thousands out of pocket to Rebel Rags, and the NCAA can STILL choose to keep the allegations in there if they believe it is more likely than not that he got paid something. They are not bound to any external due process unless they themselves are being sued.

The only thing that can make the LOIC go away is if the athletes themselves recant their testimony to the NCAA. That is the strategy here, albeit a terrible one.

DawgPoundtheRock
06-12-2017, 07:23 PM

I don't think so. Wasn't the business itself, Rebel Rags, named as a booster. If so, then any transfer of ownership should not affect RR's standing as a booster. Season tickets be damned. He can go watch a 2 & 10 team team for the next decade.

I seen it dawg
06-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Paging.....the IRS

Chip
06-12-2017, 07:48 PM
The only problem is that none of that is true. The NCAA has no obligation to abide by any court decision about anything. Leo could fail 6 different lie detector tests about how much money he was given, lose the defamation suit, pay hundreds of thousands out of pocket to Rebel Rags, and the NCAA can STILL choose to keep the allegations in there if they believe it is more likely than not that he got paid something. They are not bound to any external due process unless they themselves are being sued.

The only thing that can make the LOIC go away is if the athletes themselves recant their testimony to the NCAA. That is the strategy here, albeit a terrible one.

Good point above. Yes, they're just attempting to intimidate the witnesses, to try to make them blink on their testimony to the NCAA enforcement staff. Even if the SA's did get intimidated and recanted, that doesn't make the LOIC and FTM go away. Only the NCAA COI can make those go away. The tactic of intimidation via litigation of 18 & 19 yo young men, probably won't give the COI warm and fuzzies about OM.

Mimi's Babies
06-12-2017, 07:49 PM
Failure to Monitor was in the first NOA

Did I read that Freeze was in trouble when he was at OM before under O?

Mimi's Babies
06-12-2017, 07:52 PM

Who OWN this business? I see a name but that is the president.. who else is involved maybe a silent partner?

Mimi's Babies
06-12-2017, 07:59 PM
Paging.....the IRS

PAGING, PAGING, PAGING, MS State Auditor's office, state sales tax commission... Department of Revenue.....

Really Clark?
06-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Did I read that Freeze was in trouble when he was at OM before under O?

Yes. He got into trouble when he first arrived under O. "The other violations reported by Ole Miss included tight ends coach Hugh Freeze, who at the time was director of football operations and did not have recruiting responsibilities. Freeze participated in telephone calls with four Memphis-area prospects between Oct. 30 and Nov. 13."

Barking 13
06-12-2017, 08:17 PM
first rule of a defense, discredit the witness. The thing they can't seem to get through their stupid heads is that they were in deep trouble long before SA 39

confucius say
06-12-2017, 10:53 PM

Ncaa case will be decided loooong before a jury decided whether Leo and Kobe and Miller are credible.