PDA

View Full Version : I could see the NCAA withdrawing the LL allegations but

MedDawg
06-12-2017, 12:13 PM
still hitting OM with LOIC and Freeze with a show cause. OM has already stated, "You didn't hit us with LOIC in the first NOA, so we shouldn't have it now if these new allegations don't hold up". OM will appeal and threaten a lawsuit against the NCAA. OM will lose the appeal, but they won't sue the NCAA. The NCAA will also hit OM hard with the original infractions as 'aggravated', thus still bringing the penalties that the 2nd NOA was supposed to bring.

ShotgunDawg
06-12-2017, 12:23 PM
The NCAA ain't withdrawing the Leo Lewis allegations.

They don't put things in the NOA that they can't prove. OM is going to get slammed

Reason2succeed
06-12-2017, 12:25 PM
OM can't threaten a lawsuit against an institution they are a voluntary member of. If they don't like the way they are being treated they can leave. Hotty Toddy and don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you!***

WinningIsRelentless
06-12-2017, 12:28 PM
Word is the NCAA is going to cover defense cost for Leo and Kobe. Eat on that Shitbirds

Westdawg
06-12-2017, 12:31 PM
Word is the NCAA is going to cover defense cost for Leo and Kobe. Eat on that Shitbirds

Well, boys, if that is true then that means this case just went federal 😁😁😁

Really Clark?
06-12-2017, 12:31 PM
The only parts they would possibly consider withdrawing is the disputed testimony of the individual allegations. That still leaves all of the allegations made by student athlete 39 that the university in their response admits happened and evidence backed up his testimony. That means infraction 14 and 16 can't be withdrawn at all because the schools admits that those infractions happened, partially at a min. And in infraction 14, 2/3 of the indivial allegations the school admits his testimony is credible and backed by other evidence. All of the douches that keep saying they dispute all of his testimony and think the whole amended portion of the NOA may be thrown out are drinking Yancy and Chuck koolaid.

ShotgunDawg
06-12-2017, 12:33 PM

Where did you hear this?

That would mean OM is in for a real ass-kicking

Dawgfan77
06-12-2017, 12:35 PM
I have no idea why they are wanting to keep Freeze. Makes no sense. If this had been us. Mullen would have been fired

FISHDAWG
06-12-2017, 12:36 PM
Well, boys, if that is true then that means this case just went federal ������

and now they will have Subpoena power ... right ?

turkish
06-12-2017, 12:40 PM
Word is the NCAA is going to cover defense cost for Leo and Kobe

It moved

WinningIsRelentless
06-12-2017, 12:42 PM
Where did you hear this?

I can't say where but everything that was given to the NCAA was done in confidential setting with representatives of the NCAA, Ole Miss and any other university that a athlete is enrolled in present. The NCAA can't use the names of athletes in questioning boosters unless the boosters bring the names up during questioning then they can ask follow-up questions regarding those names.

ShotgunDawg
06-12-2017, 12:48 PM
I can't say where but everything that was given to the NCAA was done in confidential setting with representatives of the NCAA, Ole Miss and any other university that a athlete is enrolled in present. The NCAA can't use the names of athletes in questioning boosters unless the boosters bring the names up during questioning then they can ask follow-up questions regarding those names.

Wow, this is going to even more fugly for OM.

The NCAA would be right to cover their legal costs as ultimately this is their doing. But this doesn't help OM at all

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-12-2017, 12:53 PM
The NCAA is not dropping anything...other than a hammer. People, namely OM boosters and fans, need to realize this is a new NCAA enforcement staff from the one that botched the Miami case. The head of the old staff was fired and replaced with a guy who had previous employment with the NCAA. They revamped the entire process from how they performed their investigations to the penalty matrix to the use of immunity. The NCAA does not charge you with an allegation unless they have concrete proof to back it up. You didn't see any Tunsil stuff in the noa even after Tunsil said, I'd have to say yeah. When they offer someone immunity, they have to go before the COI and present to them why they want to grant immunity to an individual. The COI then determines if it will assist in the investigation and rule yea or nea. They already had the answer when they brought in Leo. They were just confirming it from the main individual involved.

Ole Miss is toast and just trying to pull us into their sinking ship. Not going to work.

Pollodawg
06-12-2017, 12:55 PM
Highly doubt the NCAA picks up the tab for Leo and Kobe's defense.

Liverpooldawg
06-12-2017, 12:58 PM

They should have to. This is a result of their investigation. I say it should come from Ole Miss' athletic budget if they are vindicated.

Liverpooldawg
06-12-2017, 01:00 PM
I have no idea why they are wanting to keep Freeze. Makes no sense. If this had been us. Mullen would have been fired

Three years ago.

Indndawg
06-12-2017, 01:01 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vxNnUU3eRD0/maxresdefault.jpg

WinningIsRelentless
06-12-2017, 01:02 PM
Where did you hear this?

Highly doubt the NCAA picks up the tab for Leo and Kobe's defense.

They are worried about countersuits and issues with the fed because of privacy violations of student athletes. Miller isn't going to get defense.

Pollodawg
06-12-2017, 01:04 PM
They are worried about countersuits and issues with the fed because of privacy violations of student athletes. Miller isn't going to get defense.

We'll see. I remain highly skeptical. That would be perfect......Too perfect.

confucius say
06-12-2017, 01:36 PM

Would not be surprising. Would be hard to get athletes to take the immunity deal in the future if they knew they would have to come up with 25k (at least) to defend a lawsuit.

BuckyIsAB****
06-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Like I've said before if you think the NCAA a multi billion dollar association is going to let a school that was caught cheating red handed then lied deflected and spun during the whole process, a coach with a history of cheating (got pegged at OM when Orgeron was there) make an ass out of them you are crazy. The NCAA aint dropping anything. If OM doesnt like student athletes getting immunity then they should leave the NCAA they dont have to be in it. They can go play Belhaven and Millsaps