PDA

View Full Version : Even if it's only for the Egg Bowl...

War Machine Dawg
06-12-2017, 11:50 AM
Leo needs to wear #39 this year. If he isn't wearing 39, even if it's just for the Egg Bowl, we have completely failed as an athletic department. Make it happen, Mullen.

archdog
06-12-2017, 11:53 AM
May want to hold up on the University claiming in any way LL is #39. In other words, no way a lawsuit naming LL as defaming someone, unless there is proof or he claims that he is in fact #39. I would think all message board chatter would be hearsay, and as long as LL or the university doesn't say he is in fact #39, how would the Rag know he is #39?

confucius say
06-12-2017, 12:01 PM
May want to hold up on the University claiming in any way LL is #39. In other words, no way a lawsuit naming LL as defaming someone, unless there is proof or he claims that he is in fact #39. I would think all message board chatter would be hearsay, and as long as LL or the university doesn't say he is in fact #39, how would the Rag know he is #39?

The joker gif in om response is interesting in this regard. I imagine NCAA can't be happy about that. If you want to add that for the NCAA's benefit instead of making it public, you drop a footnote and say it is being provided as a sealed exhibit to prevent publically disclosing athlete' identity. It's common practice for lawyers.

Negative Waves
06-12-2017, 12:46 PM
They need to put "Institution #10" painted in the end zone instead of "Hail State" for the Egg Bowl.

Liverpooldawg
06-12-2017, 01:03 PM
The joker gif in om response is interesting in this regard. I imagine NCAA can't be happy about that. If you want to add that for the NCAA's benefit instead of making it public, you drop a footnote and say it is being provided as a sealed exhibit to prevent publically disclosing athlete' identity. It's common practice for lawyers.
if I read the relevant FEDERAL LAW correctly that is a clear violation. I think it carries jail time.