PDA

View Full Version : New Forde article compares Pitino and Freeze cases.

DancingRabbit
06-12-2017, 11:25 AM
Says Freeze's lawyers are copying Pitino's lawyers.

https://sports.yahoo.com/louisville-ole-miss-cases-impact-ncaas-ability-hold-head-coaches-accountable-violations-155026906.html

“It was a pretty good response, they did a good job making their case,” said one former Committee on Infractions member who read the Ole Miss NOA response. “But they may have gone overboard [in defending Freeze]. It’s a little trickier for schools to defend head coaches the way they used to.”

A significant part of Ole Miss’ defense of Freeze is to pin much of the blame on Barney Farrar, the former assistant athletic director for junior college and high school relations. It is a tactic the former COI member saw many times.

“It doesn’t surprise me in the least that they’re trying to shift blame to a staffer,” he said. “One thing that bothered us on the committee was how quick schools were to pin it on rogue assistants, as they always call it. They’re quite willing to send that guy up the river.

“Head-coach legislation makes it hard to do that now. They aren’t doing anything unusual in defending the head coach, but they may come under pretty serious questioning.”

Dawgtini
06-12-2017, 11:44 AM
I do love that we now have national articles almost daily. Now that the Preds are out of the cup, maybe the Nashville office can find time to make a comment about the NOA and response??**

ShotgunDawg
06-12-2017, 11:58 AM
Good article.

Summery: Ole Miss put forth a good defense, but everyone uses the defense they put forth & it doesn't fly in front of the COI.

We make a big deal out of Barney & look at OM is blaming him, the reasons, etc, but what people fail to realize is that the NCAA deals with the exact same defense most every time. They are more than used to dealing with the response that OM gave them.

DancingRabbit
06-12-2017, 12:04 PM
Hey Hugh!

Donnie Tyndall says give him a call

Tbonewannabe
06-12-2017, 12:44 PM
I don't remember Pitino being in the room with a recruit and a booster then stepping out for a few minutes. I could imagine Pitino going: Here is Cinnamon, she is going to talk about the great things our university provides. I will be out of the room so whatever happens isn't on me.