PDA

View Full Version : My theory on the purpose of the lawsuits

Bully13
06-12-2017, 09:32 AM
The decision makers of shitbird nation know they are about to get drilled by the NCAA. The only thing they have left is to appease their shit bird fan base. Going down without a fight is just not an option if they want to hang on to the only thing they have left. Nafoom is having a circle jerk over this while the rest of the country is having a wtf moment.

Shitbirds circle jerking each other is all they have left.

Reason2succeed
06-12-2017, 09:36 AM
My theory is that this is just a last ditch money grab by Rebel Rags because once OM gets the DP or is dropped from the SEC their gravy train of selling OM merchandise is over. Sorry boys. You overplayed your hand.

mstatefan91
06-12-2017, 09:39 AM
The decision makers of shitbird nation know they are about to get drilled by the NCAA. The only thing they have left is to appease their shit bird fan base. Going down without a fight is just not an option if they want to hang on to the only thing they have left. Nafoom is having a circle jerk over this while the rest of the country is having a wtf moment.

Shitbirds circle jerking each other is all they have ever had.

Fixed

Tbonewannabe
06-12-2017, 09:40 AM
So is Rebel Rags suing the NCAA or just a couple of college kids that should not have had their names made public? How does Rebel Rags prove that Leo and Kobe said anything since the NCAA has students only listed by a number? It is funny that John Doe was suing to prevent his name from being released but somehow 2 players have their name plastered all over the media.

mcain31
06-12-2017, 09:42 AM
I think that all named parties received an unredacted copy of NoA

Spiderman
06-12-2017, 09:48 AM

yep, my understanding too

Liverpooldawg
06-12-2017, 09:53 AM
yep, my understanding too

I still don't think they can release the names by federal law.

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-12-2017, 09:55 AM
So is Rebel Rags suing the NCAA or just a couple of college kids that should not have had their names made public? How does Rebel Rags prove that Leo and Kobe said anything since the NCAA has students only listed by a number? It is funny that John Doe was suing to prevent his name from being released but somehow 2 players have their name plastered all over the media.

And this is why I think Leo and Kobe have more of a reason to sue rebel fags than the other way around. Leo and Kobe have never uttered a word publicly to defame rebel rags. On the flip side, rags has done just that to them.

Liverpooldawg
06-12-2017, 09:58 AM
The numbers were placed in the redacted copy that was released. I think all people named get unredacted copies. They still aren't supposed to release the names though.

Mimi's Babies
06-12-2017, 10:16 AM
The numbers were placed in the redacted copy that was released. I think all people named get unredacted copies. They still aren't supposed to release the names though.

Students names fall under the FERPA Law. You cannot release their names.

shannondawg
06-12-2017, 10:24 AM
What are they suing for, want their clothes back?

HSVDawg
06-12-2017, 10:43 AM

This is true. However, sending an unredacted copy of a letter to a private entity cannot be ever construed to be defamation or libelous in nature since it was not released publicly. OM and their supporters could not have handled this worse if they tried. If they wanted to sue, they should have let the entire process play out and wait until all the chips were on the table, and then target the methods of the investigators. Basically, copy the Miami model. That was their only prayer. I think that was part of why the NCAA didn't include the draft night stuff. They know they have enough to issue appropriate penalties and trying to pile on any further could lead to mistakes that the OM legal team could leverage to have the whole case thrown out the window.

whatever
06-12-2017, 03:54 PM
Pretty obvious to me they want to get Leo/Kobe and as many MSU affiliated people as they can to admit that they lied about getting free stuff from RR (or at least expose their inconsistent stories) so that the NCAA will have to throw out Leo's entire testimony because it's been proven in a court of law to not be credible. Waiting on that lawsuit to take place would give them reason to ask for the NCAA process to drag on and wait for it to be over as well

Really Clark?
06-12-2017, 04:04 PM
Pretty obvious to me they want to get Leo/Kobe and as many MSU affiliated people as they can to admit that they lied about getting free stuff from RR (or at least expose their inconsistent stories) so that the NCAA will have to throw out Leo's entire testimony because it's been proven in a court of law to not be credible. Waiting on that lawsuit to take place would give them reason to ask for the NCAA process to drag on and wait for it to be over as well

The school can't ask and the NCAA will not throw out his entire testimony. The school has already admitted that he has given true testimony on several allegations. In their response breakdown they even spelled out what allegations they acknowledge as being violations on their part with his testimony and other evidence. At best they can only hope to win the allegations they dispute but they acknowledge that his testimony as a whole cannot be thrown out.

The NCAA can't stall the procedures set by the legislation or that gives the school a legitimate argument for procedural missteps. Not only that, you absolutely cannot set a precedent that infraction cases can be put on hold waiting for lawsuits to finalize that can take years.

Saltydog
06-12-2017, 08:57 PM
I've seen several posts on social media from Rebels saying they'll give them more business than ever before! The owner could well be playing it up with a large portion of the fanbase! I seriously doubt any Rebel wouldn't shop there for simply giving out merchandise to some recruits! I think all of this goes away and is just a way to scare the defendants and smear MSU!

DownwardDawg
06-12-2017, 09:44 PM
Leo Lewis will end up owning that store! This is going to be hilarious!!!
I can see the sign now, "Welcome to SA 39"

Reason2succeed
06-12-2017, 09:48 PM
Leo Lewis will end up owning that store! This is going to be hilarious!!!
I can see the sign now, "Welcome to SA 39"

Leo would probably add "Rosebowl was Right" shirts to the merchandise. I'm not sure how well they would sell though.

lamont
06-12-2017, 09:51 PM

The names of the players are always redacted. And the booster only gets the part they are named in

Cooterpoot
06-12-2017, 09:55 PM
Considering all the OM fans are whipping their peckers in a mad frenzy (including the female fans) and saying how they're going to buy shit at the rag, going to be tough to prove profits are hurting.

Mimi's Babies
06-12-2017, 10:33 PM
Considering all the OM fans are whipping their pecked in a mad frenzy (including the female fans) and saying how they're going to buy shit at the rag, going to be tough to prove profits are hurting.

How did this idiot report merchandise that he gave to the OM players, families and recruits, etc...

sandwolf
06-12-2017, 11:20 PM
I think it's a bluff. I think that they are trying to intimidate LL and KJ into recanting their testimony.....there's just no way that they follow through with this to the point that a bunch of their coaches, boosters, etc. are giving testimony under oath.