PDA

View Full Version : The most disappointing thing about tonight...

CadaverDawg
09-14-2013, 11:01 PM
I was one of the few that thought we would be lucky to win 6 against our schedule this year....but I really hoped we would find a way to get that 6th and keep the bowl streak alive for recruiting purposes. After tonight we will not win 6 games, and the sad thing is, Auburn will likely only win 6 games this year despite being 3-0. They would have to beat either Ark or Tennessee to win 7. So in other words...this was our shot. And of all things to cost us a bowl game and further progression of our program, it was the actual coach we hired to do that job.

So I guess my reaction comes from the fact that I know we basically lost out on a bowl game tonight, and that greatly affects our program going forward. I just hope and pray we can rebound somehow and not let this cause our usual cyclical spiral. The stars are aligning for that cycle to continue in the state, and for us to fade as OM rises. It sucks, bc we had a chance last year to avoid the cycle and keep OM from bowling, but we shit the bed then, and did it again tonight.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-14-2013, 11:06 PM
I was one of the few that thought we would be lucky to win 6 against our schedule this year....but I really hoped we would find a way to get that 6th and keep the bowl streak alive for recruiting purposes. After tonight we will not win 6 games, and the sad thing is, Auburn will likely only win 6 games this year despite being 3-0. They would have to beat either Ark or Tennessee to win 7. So in other words...this was our shot. And of all things to cost us a bowl game and further progression of our program, it was the actual coach we hired to do that job.

So I guess my reaction comes from the fact that I know we basically lost out on a bowl game tonight, and that greatly affects our program going forward. I just hope and pray we can rebound somehow and not let this cause our usual cyclical spiral. The stars are aligning for that cycle to continue in the state, and for us to fade as OM rises. It sucks, bc we had a chance last year to avoid the cycle and keep OM from bowling, but we shit the bed then, and did it again tonight.

At least we got some bowl money playing in houston

msstate7
09-14-2013, 11:06 PM
I saw a team play fairly well with some mistakes tonight. That was dak's 2nd start and he played fairly well. I'm not ready to surrender 5 more losses. We played a young secondary that will get better. Am I saying we'll win 6? Maybe, maybe not. We played some young players and they'll get better. I like dak and I think we're moving forward not backwards despite the loss.

DapperDawg
09-14-2013, 11:07 PM
My advice: focus on baseball. Stricklin will let Mullen bury this program like Sherrill and Croom did before he makes a change. His reasoning will be Diaz's, I mean, Mullen's success in 2010.

Todd4State
09-14-2013, 11:10 PM

It's going to take a Jackie Sherrill 1996 comeback for Dan to win the fans back and maybe keep his job.

Todd4State
09-14-2013, 11:14 PM
My advice: focus on baseball. Stricklin will let Mullen bury this program like Sherrill and Croom did before he makes a change. His reasoning will be Diaz's, I mean, Mullen's success in 2010.

I highly doubt that. Scott has pissed off a lot of people with the basketball hire- fair or not, I actually like Rick Ray. How better to get people back than by firing Dan and hiring Hud?

He has got to put butts in the seats that he is building at Scott Field.

Just wait until Dan loses the Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving this year by running some ridiculous fake two point play to lose the game.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2013, 11:16 PM
I saw a team play fairly well with some mistakes tonight. That was dak's 2nd start and he played fairly well. I'm not ready to surrender 5 more losses. We played a young secondary that will get better. Am I saying we'll win 6? Maybe, maybe not. We played some young players and they'll get better. I like dak and I think we're moving forward not backwards despite the loss.

I love your optimism...and I agree that I saw some good things, but msstate who are we going to beat? Troy, BG,UK and who? We would have to beat Ark AND OM. Aint happening. And if we play pass D against Troy like we did tonight, we will lose next week and start the spiral. Troy has a QB, Auburn didnt and still beat us. I just cant find optimism bc 6 wins is gone.

msstate7
09-14-2013, 11:24 PM
I love your optimism...and I agree that I saw some good things, but msstate who are we going to beat? Troy, BG,UK and who? We would have to beat Ark AND OM. Aint happening. And if we play pass D against Troy like we did tonight, we will lose next week and start the spiral. Troy has a QB, Auburn didnt and still beat us. I just cant find optimism bc 6 wins is gone.

That's what young secondaries do. We were gonna get killed by the zone read, but we didnt bc we learned. We'll learn from this. I think we can beat Troy, BG, Kentucky, ark, and OM. Will we? Who knows but I won't surrender just bc we lost a hard fought game tonight. We've played for a long while now with no identity. We found our identity tonight with dak. We're back to what we do best. You don't go from finesse to hard in 2 weeks, but the process has begun. We're gonna run it better and better as the year goes on.

CrazyEyeKilla
09-14-2013, 11:26 PM
I think you put too much faith in our AD. I truly believe that he is Templeton 2.0.

Bothrops
09-14-2013, 11:36 PM
We will bowl next year but will only win 2 or 3 conference games.

This year we are better than Arkansas but might not beat them in LR. Ole miss beats us in a close one and we finish 4-8.