PDA

View Full Version : Leo And Kobe

Spiderman
06-12-2017, 08:12 AM
Should be advised to sue the hell out of OM, The OM Spirit and Fat Chuck individually.

OM, leaked their names to the Spirit. It was know within days who the Immunity players from State, and State only were, as reported by the OM Spirit crowd.

Rounsaville was out front using names and saying he had heard the tape. Well then who gave it to you if Barney recorded it, Fat Boy? Barney, Hugh. or Bjork?

Remember, you are under oath

ShotgunDawg
06-12-2017, 08:18 AM
I agree. Additionally, the NCAA has to get this shut this down or they lose their ability to offer immunity and get any cooperation.

Sure, the Rebel Rags guy has no chance of winning this law suit regardless, but the pure hassle of it will make kids think twice before cooperating with immunity.

Thick
06-12-2017, 08:20 AM
Good point regarding Fat Chuck!

DovaDawg
06-12-2017, 08:25 AM
Everyone should stop by RebelRags and spend a few bucks. If his financial statements do not support the claim that his business model was impacted by the statements, the lawsuits has no basis.

I seen it dawg
06-12-2017, 08:26 AM
Hell I would imagine the shitbird faithful are packing the rebel on the rag shop to support them. Their financials should be great.

Liverpooldawg
06-12-2017, 08:30 AM
Sue? How abot prosecute? It appears that federal privacy laws may have been broken.

ShotgunDawg
06-12-2017, 08:30 AM
Everyone should stop by RebelRags and spend a few bucks. If his financial statements do not support the claim that his business model was impacted by the statements, the lawsuits has no basis.

Huh?

The hell with that. MSU has nothing to hide. The guy has an unwinnable lawsuit to begin with.

TheRef
06-12-2017, 08:32 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/O9BPkYr89lK2A/giphy.gif

Jack Lambert
06-12-2017, 08:32 AM
Does ole miss really want a discovery period for all these law suits?

DovaDawg
06-12-2017, 08:35 AM
Just a joke! The basis of the lawsuits is that their earnings potential has been impacted due to the statements released in the NCAA investigation. It would be funny if their financial statements showed increased earnings during the period thereby negating the claim of economic impact. Guess it was just the accountant part of me that thought it was humorous.

I seen it dawg
06-12-2017, 08:35 AM
Shitbird administration can't be happy over this.

Bass Chaser
06-12-2017, 08:50 AM
Good post Spidey. I would also include Bjork, Freeze, and Vitter individually.

I seen it dawg
06-12-2017, 08:53 AM
So when he sues for defamation causing income loss he will then expose himself to all the accounting practices he uses to hide his money from the IRS. Real smart

msbulldog
06-12-2017, 08:54 AM
Sue? How abot prosecute? It appears that federal privacy laws may have been broken.

Without a doubt federal laws have been broken, Leo and Kobe have a lawsuit made in heaven.

Mimi's Babies
06-12-2017, 08:56 AM
Just a joke! The basis of the lawsuits is that their earnings potential has been impacted due to the statements released in the NCAA investigation. It would be funny if their financial statements showed increased earnings during the period thereby negating the claim of economic impact. Guess it was just the accountant part of me that thought it was humorous.

How does one support the inventory control or 'lack of sales" if there is no sales to these ath. or any other ath. Could the merchandise be listed "Stolen Merchandise"? I foresee an IRS Audit...

PassInterference
06-12-2017, 08:57 AM
Shitbird administration can't be happy over this.

I think shitbird administration is orchestrating this. Suing NCAA witnesses is the last card left. All the chips are in and you can fold and lose or play the card and hope for a Chinaman's chance.

BuckyIsAB****
06-12-2017, 09:01 AM
I love how they reference student athlete 39 at first saying he received a ''wad full of 100 dollar bills'' then later student athlete 39 saying ''a bagful of money''. Basing a lawsuit over how much you paid a 18/19 year old kid to come to your school is laughable. We all knew this was going to be ugly, it wouldnt be OM if it wasnt. Good luck in court Rebs, you wanted it you got it. Hope its not more than you can chew

Bully13
06-12-2017, 09:06 AM
I think shitbird administration is orchestrating this. Suing NCAA witnesses is the last card left. All the chips are in and you can fold and lose or play the card and hope for a Chinaman's chance.

This. No way in hell rebel rags pulled this shit without top shit bird guidance.

Reason2succeed
06-12-2017, 09:15 AM

If OM is "orchestrating" this then they are more stupid than I assumed. I have been amazed by how tone deaf their school has been on major subjects. Not least of these is retaining High Freeze through this entire investigation. A smarter collection of brain cells would have fired the former girl's basketball coach a long time ago. If they are pushing for lawsuits the. They will soon find themselves with either a DP, out of the SEC, or both. I hope they keep up the good work.

Liverpooldawg
06-12-2017, 09:20 AM

It's hard for a school to sue the NCAA. It's a voluntary organization and if you are a memeber you agreed to play by their rules when you joined and your continued membership implies you will abide by any new rules. You are free to leave at any time. A business is not bound by this. I'm like most though, I don't think it would have happened unless the people calling the shots up there agreed to let it proceed. I think it's yet another sign that the institution isn't calling the shots. The whole of their response and how it's been handled just doesn't appear to me as being something that an academic institution would do.

Spiderman
06-12-2017, 09:31 AM
And as an aside, Rags Lawyer, Merckel, sued Scruggs in a greed fight over tobacco money that lead to Scruggs and Co bribing the judge. I also believe Merckel donated the $ for OM's indoor baseball hitting facility, which bears his name. Ironically, although more like intentionally, placed just a few hundred feet or so from the back door of Scrugg's home.

Egos for days with that bunch.

Tbonewannabe
06-12-2017, 09:32 AM

Or increased cost of products due to giving away so much for free. Look through his inventory and see how much is given away. I imagine the attorneys could request all of his financials combined with any video inside the store. Sounds like this dumb bastard is opening pandora's box.

Thick
06-12-2017, 09:35 AM
Yes, Mr. Merkel is a huge baseball fan....loves the Yankees. He has quite the collection of very rare Yankee memorabilia. Just fyi

Tbonewannabe
06-12-2017, 09:36 AM
If OM is "orchestrating" this then they are more stupid than I assumed. I have been amazed by how tone deaf their school has been on major subjects. Not least of these is retaining High Freeze through this entire investigation. A smarter collection of brain cells would have fired the former girl's basketball coach a long time ago. If they are pushing for lawsuits the. They will soon find themselves with either a DP, out of the SEC, or both. I hope they keep up the good work.

Probably depends on who Freeze has by the short hairs since he would know exactly how the Network works and where the bodies are buried. If Freeze doesn't want to "retire" then UNM might be forced to keep him until they can't.

confucius say
06-12-2017, 09:39 AM
Rosebowl's book just turned into a trilogy.

Reason2succeed
06-12-2017, 09:42 AM
Off topic but should we make Leo and Kobe captains of the team for the Egg Bowl? I would laugh my arse off at the coin flip.

HSVDawg
06-12-2017, 10:35 AM
It's hard for a school to sue the NCAA. It's a voluntary organization and if you are a memeber you agreed to play by their rules when you joined and your continued membership implies you will abide by any new rules. You are free to leave at any time. A business is not bound by this. I'm like most though, I don't think it would have happened unless the people calling the shots up there agreed to let it proceed. I think it's yet another sign that the institution isn't calling the shots. The whole of their response and how it's been handled just doesn't appear to me as being something that an academic institution would do.

The institution isn't calling the shots but neither are the boosters. This whole situation has gotten too big for them to manage under any one umbrella. Both the other boosters and the university stand to lose a whole lot from this case actually seeing the inside of a court room.

MetEdDawg
06-12-2017, 10:40 AM
The institution isn't calling the shots but neither are the boosters. This whole situation has gotten too big for them to manage under any one umbrella. Both the other boosters and the university stand to lose a whole lot from this case actually seeing the inside of a court room.

I mean to me, the obvious thing here is that university folks involved will have to take the stand. Lawyers of Leo and Kobe will get to see the unredacted version of the NOA, call defendants on the stand related to the case, then press them on their involvement/lack of credibility due to things they were involved in. Then if you are a university representative involved you either lie on the stand or have to admit on the record to NCAA violations. I mean am I missing something here? I don't see a way for this to end well for OM

blacklistedbully
06-12-2017, 11:51 AM
I love how they reference student athlete 39 at first saying he received a ''wad full of 100 dollar bills'' then later student athlete 39 saying ''a bagful of money''. Basing a lawsuit over how much you paid a 18/19 year old kid to come to your school is laughable. We all knew this was going to be ugly, it wouldnt be OM if it wasnt. Good luck in court Rebs, you wanted it you got it. Hope its not more than you can chew

I am not understanding how a "wad full of $100 bills" and a "bag of cash" are mutually exclusive. They are trying to sell it as if it is contradictory, thus proving false...but I don't see how they are. If there were wads of 100's, isn't it likely those wads came in a bag? If not that, it could be a simple matter of semantics. If given a bag of cash, there is a strong likelihood there were groups of bills stacked together within...thus, "wads" and a "bag".

This smacks of the same BS they are attempting with the timeline of their booster meeting Leo 2 miles from Brookhaven HS. In order to make it seem unlikely the booster could have made it back to his office to send the email, they are contending it had to have taken Leo 20 minutes to get 2 miles from his school once he got out of class. Absurd.

Tbonewannabe
06-12-2017, 12:37 PM
I am not understanding how a "wad full of $100 bills" and a "bag of cash" are mutually exclusive. They are trying to sell it as if it is contradictory, thus proving false...but I don't see how they are. If there were wads of 100's, isn't it likely those wads came in a bag? If not that, it could be a simple matter of semantics. If given a bag of cash, there is a strong likelihood there were groups of bills stacked together within...thus, "wads" and a "bag".

This smacks of the same BS they are attempting with the timeline of their booster meeting Leo 2 miles from Brandon HS. In order to make it seem unlikely the booster could have made it back to his office to send the email, they are contending it had to have taken Leo 20 minutes to get 2 miles from his school once he got out of class. Absurd.

They are coming strong with the Chewbacca defense. If wookies aren't from Endor then you must acquit.

starkvegasdawg
06-12-2017, 01:53 PM
They are coming strong with the Chewbacca defense. If wookies aren't from Endor then you must acquit.

http://i.imgur.com/6E2JZpB.jpg

LeakyD
06-12-2017, 02:09 PM
This is definitely a power play by RR to help OM fight the allegations. Whatever harm they claim would be minimal at this point since they haven't been disassociated. This is not even well disguised. Filing before OM receives their sanctions is an attempt to intimidate witnesses, not protect the business.

BossDawg
06-12-2017, 02:40 PM
Hey, that's not a bad idea. As much crap as UM fans have given Leo, he could countersue for defamation of character (evidently that's one of the main accusations the owner of RR is throwing around).

Liverpooldawg
06-12-2017, 02:44 PM
This is definitely a power play by RR to help OM fight the allegations. Whatever harm they claim would be minimal at this point since they haven't been disassociated. This is not even well disguised. Filing before OM receives their sanctions is an attempt to intimidate witnesses, not protect the business.

As for the witnesses that ship has sailed. Their NCAA testimony is done. If there is any intimidation it's directed at the NCAA.

BuckyIsAB****
06-12-2017, 03:28 PM

This smacks of the same BS they are attempting with the timeline of their booster meeting Leo 2 miles from Brandon HS. In order to make it seem unlikely the booster could have made it back to his office to send the email, they are contending it had to have taken Leo 20 minutes to get 2 miles from his school once he got out of class. Absurd.

Well for one, LL didnt go to Brandon HS he went to Brookhaven

whatever
06-12-2017, 03:34 PM
I agree I think that if anyone has a lawsuit it's Leo & Kobe for Ole Miss leaking their names. The media has run with their names as if it has been confirmed that they are the redacted names, so I don't understand why the media isn't culpable as well

blacklistedbully
06-12-2017, 03:55 PM
Well for one, LL didnt go to Brandon HS he went to Brookhaven

Noted and corrected.

RocketDawg
06-12-2017, 04:06 PM
This. No way in hell rebel rags pulled this shit without top shit bird guidance.

I'm not so sure. It would only be that way if he cooperated with or was a part of the sting operation, and he may not have. You wouldn't really think the university would go after him since he's a loyal supporter (kinda like The Lodge) selling school merchandise; but they probably would if it was to protect Freeze, Bjork, and the football program.

He may have a case for suit, but it's against OM, not Leo and Kobe.

BuckyIsAB****
06-12-2017, 04:28 PM
Noted and corrected.

I do agree with you on your points though. If they expect to make a case out of how much money they gave LL and whether or not it was in wads or bags, or whether or not the free illegal benefits (gear) they gave him had security tags or not they are sadly mistaken

blacklistedbully
06-12-2017, 05:01 PM
I do agree with you on your points though. If they expect to make a case out of how much money they gave LL and whether or not it was in wads or bags, or whether or not the free illegal benefits (gear) they gave him had security tags or not they are sadly mistaken

Well, that's not what they are doing. They are attempting to discredit him so they can claim none of it happened. I think part if their problem is, some of their arguments don't sound all that convincing. It just seems like the stuff they are hanging their hats on are things that could be dismissed. Like Leo saying he met a booster between 4-6, when it may have happened at 2:30. If the interview happened more than a year after the event, it seems a reach to discredit him because he was off by an hour or two, if that's even the case.

And the BS they tried to pull with saying it would have taken Leo 20 minutes to get from his high school to a location 2 miles away reeks of extreme desperation, and makes me think the other arguments don't hold much merit. Otherwise, why would you even posit such a scenario. If the other stuff is strong, you don't add in stuff that is that weak, IMO. It just makes you look like you're making all that shit up, grasping at straws.

BuckyIsAB****
06-12-2017, 05:05 PM
Well, that's not what they are doing. They are attempting to discredit him so they can claim none of it happened. I think part if their problem is, some of their arguments don't sound all that convincing. It just seems like the stuff they are hanging their hats on are things that could be dismissed. Like Leo saying he met a booster between 4-6, when it may have happened at 2:30. If the interview happened more than a year after the event, it seems a reach to discredit him because he was off by an hour or two, if that's even the case.

And the BS they tried to pull with saying it would have taken Leo 20 minutes to get from his high school to a location 2 miles away reeks of extreme desperation, and makes me think the other arguments don't hold much merit. Otherwise, why would you even posit such a scenario. If the other stuff is strong, you don't add in stuff that is that weak, IMO. It just makes you look like you're making all that shit up, grasping at straws.

I couldnt put it to words as well as you but thats what I meant. They dont really have much of a case if thats what they are hanging their hats on. Not sure where they are going with Miller. They are trying to prove Kobe Jones out to be a liar as well.

Spiderman
06-12-2017, 05:21 PM
To get this back on point..... Ole Miss leaked 2 student athletes names to an outside entity , although anybody with sense knows it is the main part of their Ministry of Propaganda, ie The Ole Miss Spirit and it's head< Fat Chuck.

That in itself is a violation of NCAA rules, and maybe some kinda privacy law. And Fat Big Nose Chuck has said publicly MANY times he has heard the tape.

Who let him listen to that tape? I'm sure he just "found" it on the sidewalk or anonymously in the mail.

but he can't say he didn't hear it. Therefore OM leaked that to him as well.

The OM Spirit is and has been for many years a massive violation of NCAA rules.

They have to sue OM and Fat Chuck for privacy issues.

And how in the hell can the NCAA NOT investigate this and bring the biggest violation of all out side the ACT stuff?

blacklistedbully
06-12-2017, 05:41 PM
I couldnt put it to words as well as you but thats what I meant. They dont really have much of a case if thats what they are hanging their hats on. Not sure where they are going with Miller. They are trying to prove Kobe Jones out to be a liar as well.

Yep. Let me expound a little further with an example. To clarify, I'm not saying this is what happened, rather I'm giving an example of what could have
happened on a timeline mistake by Leo.

Let's say Leo is being asked, more than a year after the fact, about meeting booster 12. Leo may recall he went to that meeting an hour or more after he got out of school. On most days Leo would get out at, say 3:15, so Leo tells the investigator, "Yeah, I'd say that was probably around 4:00 or after. I know it was still daylight."

Then the investigator says, "Leo, on the date in question you actually had a minimum day and got out at 1:15", to which Leo replies, "Oh yeah. Then it was probably more like between 2 or 3, then".

If it was something like the above, then UNM trying to discredit Leo by pointing to the discrepancy in timelines is, IMO, not going to work. A reasonable person on the COI would be able to look at that and realize the timing being off on testimony given so far after the event is not a disqualifier, particularly based on the context (namely he meant about an hour after school got out).

Now if Leo truly is lying, he could be in a world of hurt, and it possibly could hurt us as well. His immunity is based on him telling the truth, so he loses that if he lied.

But that's also a reason I don't think he is lying. It would be a tremendously stupid thing to do. Why would Leo invite all this shitstorm and risk his eligibility by lying to the NCAA to take down a school he had thought enough of at one point to commit to? That doesn't make sense anymore than Mullen "orchestrating the whole thing" to bring UNM down. Mullen is banking $4 mill+ as a HC in the SEC. Is he really going to risk all that and ruin his reputation just because he has a "hard-on" for UNM? No way.

No, I think the most likely explanation of any discrepancies is what I've mentioned above, and having to rely on what he recalls from such a long time ago. Details get fuzzy. But UNM looks like they're trying to get the NCAA to throw the baby out with the bathwater by attacking details. What else are they gonna do if they're not gonna admit guilt?

Of course, the other part of the equation is the fact that UNM has admitted to 7 Level 1's and numerous L2's & L3's. So they're already admitting they are guilty of so much they denied before. Now we're to believe them when they say Leo is lying about the most damning part? We're supposed to believe Leo, with Dan's guidance concocted this part of it to "get them" at the same time they got busted for stuff they finally admitted they did?

BS

parabrave
06-12-2017, 08:30 PM
Yes, Mr. Merkel is a huge baseball fan....loves the Yankees. He has quite the collection of very rare Yankee memorabilia. Just fyi

Why don't we get him a J Holder signed Baseball.