PDA

View Full Version : I'm not saying we hire a new coach, BUT if I were looking I'd go straight to Chip

cheewgumm
09-14-2013, 10:51 PM
Kelly and ask for a list of names.

My prediction:

Mullen this year
Mullen next year
HUD

I would not do that though, unless HUD runs the Oregon system. CFB is changing and we need to be part of it. Plus we need a scheme, becuase we can't match players.

Hopefully this will happen in 2016.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-14-2013, 10:56 PM
You really think HUD will be available much longer?

ckDOG
09-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Here's the thing though. By the time we ever catch up to the trends on offense, defense personnel will be skewed to keep up with up tempo offenses. They will have a defense full of smallish athletic guys that are in great shape. The successful offenses will be the ones that build massive lines and backfields and just bowl over the smaller defenses. Everything works in cycles you just have to be on the front end to take advantage of the trends - especially when don't have access to the best talent.

Todd4State
09-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Hud would probably hire Troy's OC. He would be an upgrade over Dan, Les, Rockey, or whomever is calling our plays.

They ran an offense that wasn't really like Oregon's- but it was up tempo.

Quaoarsking
09-14-2013, 11:02 PM
Take a long look at Philip Montgomery - Baylor OC. Realistic, kinda random hire (Scott would like), Baylor connection (Scott would like), and clearly knows who to run an offense and develop QBs (the fans would like)

DownwardDawg
09-14-2013, 11:08 PM
You really think HUD will be available much longer?
I don't think he will be available after this year. He'll get a good job at the end of this season.

Will James
09-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Take a long look at Philip Montgomery - Baylor OC. Realistic, kinda random hire (Scott would like), Baylor connection (Scott would like), and clearly knows who to run an offense and develop QBs (the fans would like)

I'm done with the coordinator route at this point aka Mullen. How much did he ride Urbans coat tails.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-14-2013, 11:11 PM
I'm done with the coordinator route at this point aka Mullen. How much did he ride Urbans coat tails.

All the way to $2.5MM

cheewgumm
09-14-2013, 11:11 PM
I'm not buying the "realistic" crap..no offense. We pay a top 20 salary, we are in the SEC....we don't need to apologize or feel we have to be "realisitc".

HereComesTheSpiral
09-14-2013, 11:17 PM
I'm not buying the "realistic" crap..no offense. We pay a top 20 salary, we are in the SEC....we don't need to apologize or feel we have to be "realisitc".

I agree, this isn't a "down" season. This has been a 3 year trend. Make the Scotty, lose to Troy, UK, or Bowling Green, then sweep the ****ing leg and name the next guy. **** this shit.

cheewgumm
09-14-2013, 11:20 PM
I take back Hud..I wouldn't hire him unless he was running some inovative offense and could recruit.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-14-2013, 11:23 PM
I take back Hud..I wouldn't hire him unless he was running some inovative offense and could recruit.

**** that, give me a son of a bitch with some ****ing fire that wants to be here.

Todd4State
09-14-2013, 11:29 PM

If there is anything Hud can do, it's recruit.

bobcat91
09-14-2013, 11:34 PM
If there is anything Hud can do, it's recruit.

Really? Who did HUD get while he was here? He was just like Brewster: all flash and no substance.

Todd4State
09-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Really? Who did HUD get while he was here? He was just like Brewster: all flash and no substance.

If we don't lose Hud, the Army AA debacle doesn't happen. It's part about who he can get- and it's also part of whom he can keep at bay.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-15-2013, 01:02 AM
**** that, give me a son of a bitch with some ****ing fire that wants to be here.
^^^^
This x10000

cheewgumm
09-15-2013, 01:04 AM
Rocky wanted to be here...granted, can give him the "fire" part. I'd make sure we got someone with a scheme that can win. Ra Ra only goes so far.