PDA

View Full Version : Sure would be better and more entertaining

CadaverDawg
06-11-2017, 02:05 PM
If todays matchups were

LSU hosting Cal St Fullerton

And

Long Beach St hosting Mississippi State

Instead you have 2 teams playing each other for the 5th time this season and the other 2 playing for the EIGHTH time this season because of geography....dumb. Yes this is the 8th meeting btwn LBSU & CSF this year. Why match them up?

I seen it dawg
06-11-2017, 02:08 PM
Yeah the NCAA ****ed this up. But they want to limit sec teams hogging all the spots.

CadaverDawg
06-11-2017, 02:10 PM
Yeah the NCAA ****ed this up. But they want to limit sec teams hogging all the spots.

Yep

State82
06-11-2017, 02:12 PM
That would be a MUCH better super regional matchup on both counts.

CadaverDawg
06-11-2017, 02:16 PM
It's already a PC thing. Instead of having the best 8 teams in Omaha...they want 8 teams from different areas of the country.

Todd4State
06-11-2017, 03:44 PM
It's already a PC thing. Instead of having the best 8 teams in Omaha...they want 8 teams from different areas of the country.

I never have understood why the NCAA treats baseball so differently than the other sports. The don't care if the best teams are in it. Why does it matter if northern teams are in a regional? It won't generate interest if Ohio State is a three seed somewhere random?

They don't care that college hockey isn't big in the south. Why penalize the south for having baseball weather?

And the baseball scholarship situation is beyond ridiculous and two faced.

Quaoarsking
06-11-2017, 04:59 PM

A west coast fan would say the NCAA doesn't want western teams hogging all the spots, so they match up the two western teams to guarantee only 1 makes it.

I seen it dawg
06-11-2017, 05:23 PM
Yeah ok

Quaoarsking
06-11-2017, 05:48 PM
Yeah ok

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but it's interesting how most people on SEC message boards view everything as a grand anti-SEC conspiracy, while everyone else sees everything as biased for the SEC. The #SECbias hashtag is not used by us...

I seen it dawg
06-11-2017, 06:52 PM
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but it's interesting how most people on SEC message boards view everything as a grand anti-SEC conspiracy, while everyone else sees everything as biased for the SEC. The #SECbias hashtag is not used by us...
I'm aware of what they did. I don't agree with potentially matching the 2 big west schools up either. But they do it to try to create some kind of geographical parity. It's not fair to the sport and it's lazy.