PDA

View Full Version : It all starts with a leadoff walk

Bdawg
06-10-2017, 11:34 PM
How many times do we screw up a game with a leadoff walk. The guys just gave you a 3 run lead and it gets pissed away because you come out and walk the first man up. Should have won that one. Self got shelled too though but that's better than walking to me.

CadaverDawg
06-10-2017, 11:41 PM
Always does.

We'll be back....but this one will sting a while. We'll get crushed tomorrow. We can't bounce back from that.

MarketingBully
06-10-2017, 11:42 PM
He got shelled because LSU had the momentum by that point. No one was going to stop them after Deichman got the two run scoring double. The crowd and their hitters got into it. Self is better when you use him in a clean inning situation. We still have not figured that out. He isn't a true closer. He is not a guy that comes in and gets you out of jams per se. He is a pitch to contact guy with a great cutter that isn't going to walk batters. Does that sound like a guy you can put in with runners on and shut batters down especially against a team who has now won 15 in a row? No. But if you start him off with the eighth with a clean inning he can put up 2 scoreless innings. He isn't a true closer.

preachermatt83
06-10-2017, 11:42 PM
Always does.

We'll be back....but this one will sting a while. We'll get crushed tomorrow. We can't bounce back from that.

Yup

BayouDawg
06-10-2017, 11:47 PM
And I've got tickets for tomorrow. Yay!

msstate7
06-11-2017, 12:14 AM
Nah, it started with us not landing a punch when we had Lange on the ropes in the 1st. How big would just 1 run there be?

MarketingBully
06-11-2017, 12:22 AM
Nah, it started with us not landing a punch when we had Lange on the ropes in the 1st. How big would just 1 run there be?

We got in this debate in the UF game as well. There were many times when we could have extended the lead but didn't and got shalacked I believe in the eighth inning as well that began with much the same way (only not nearly as many runs given up) a HBP, a walk, two men on then we put Self in with two men on no one out and UF just watched cutter after cutter go by for balls and we lost that game 12-3. Man I hope Padgett turns into our closer next year. Having a + major league curve ball (much better then Poche's) with a 95 mph fastball and even a wicked change as your two secondary pitches from the left side would be a dominant closer in college baseball.

Todd4State
06-11-2017, 12:23 AM
If it were me, I knock Robertson down with the first pitch tomorrow.

msstate7
06-11-2017, 12:25 AM

Lol... why you wanna hit lil sweet?

Skydawg1
06-11-2017, 12:28 AM
Nah, it started with us not landing a punch when we had Lange on the ropes in the 1st. How big would just 1 run there be?That was the biggest, pussiest, Mstate thing I would have never seen before if I had not been following this team all year. Their guy says "Kill ME" and we say "Oh, that's ok...here's 2 K's."

CadaverDawg
06-11-2017, 12:29 AM

If we get down big, I'd plunk em all, including letting one slip in the direction of Paul Mangina

msstate7
06-11-2017, 12:31 AM
If we get down big, I'd plunk em all, including letting one slip in the direction of Paul Mangina

Y'all know Cann isn't doing that. Hell, Cann's known the lsu players longer than ours

CadaverDawg
06-11-2017, 12:33 AM
Y'all know Cann isn't doing that. Hell, Cann's known the lsu players longer than ours

Of course he won't. I would though. I'd like to punch woManieri in his soft spoken sissy lisping mouth

Todd4State
06-11-2017, 12:44 AM

Because it will get them overemotional- like when we hit Mason Katz.

WSOPdawg
06-11-2017, 08:31 AM

Damn,that's funny, and yes, he looks just like lil sweet! Buahahahahahahaha.

confucius say
06-11-2017, 08:40 AM

He really does

msstate7
06-11-2017, 08:51 AM

Can't take credit. It was an SPS poster

wmccgc
06-11-2017, 04:27 PM
Shouldn't Cann know how to pitch their hitters? I was really expecting us to shut them down a bit, like Auburn did us. Butch sure knew how to pitch to us. Seems like we'd have the best insider info on LSU of anyone, but it doesn't show.

I seen it dawg
06-11-2017, 05:22 PM
Shouldn't Cann know how to pitch their hitters? I was really expecting us to shut them down a bit, like Auburn did us. Butch sure knew how to pitch to us. Seems like we'd have the best insider info on LSU of anyone, but it doesn't show.

Lol you kidding right? They didn't get dick until the 8th. What game were you watching or were you watching?