PDA

View Full Version : Ole miss like it or not

Homedawg
09-14-2013, 10:36 PM
When are some of you going to see it, they will win 8 minimum. 9 is possible. Don't give me they haven't played anybody. Osu isn't a 5-3 sec team either. They beat who they have played. Sad but true.

cheewgumm
09-14-2013, 10:38 PM
It is. You're right. Everyone thought Texas was gonna get em. Nope. Their offense at this point is potent to say the least. They'll hang 50 on Auburn.

We cant sit for long. Or we can, but it will be a mistake.

DapperDawg
09-14-2013, 10:42 PM
I wish I didn't hate OM. They're a likable team - young, athletic, well-coached, plays with relentless effort, excels in the face of adversity, etc. plain and simple...... Mullen sucks.

What's funny is how quickly it has taken some really shitty teams to overcome us in Mullen's 5th year.

Coach34
09-14-2013, 11:08 PM
It is. You're right. Everyone thought Texas was gonna get em. Nope. Their offense at this point is potent to say the least. They'll hang 50 on Auburn.

We cant sit for long. Or we can, but it will be a mistake.

OM is not going to score 50 on Auburn

cheewgumm
09-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Sigh

MarketingBully01
09-14-2013, 11:50 PM
Kind of interesting here. They have a chance BUT their next game is against Alabama. It could be a chance where the roles are reversed and they have possibly a 6-5 record going into the Egg Bowl with us at 5-6 with an Egg Bowl win getting us to a bowl. That Auburn loss hurt really bad. The way we lost was just brutal. Our defense played well and should have never been in that position that our offense putt them in on that last drive. I could have respected Dan more if we had gone for it on 4th down when we were in their territory. Heck we went for it on our own 29. Wasnt it 4th and 2? Just run Dak again. Then we could have run out the clock. Ugh, that lose was just frustrating.

msstate7
09-14-2013, 11:55 PM
Kind of interesting here. They have a chance BUT their next game is against Alabama. It could be a chance where the roles are reversed and they have possibly a 6-5 record going into the Egg Bowl with us at 5-6 with an Egg Bowl win getting us to a bowl. That Auburn loss hurt really bad. The way we lost was just brutal. Our defense played well and should have never been in that position that our offense putt them in on that last drive. I could have respected Dan more if we had gone for it on 4th down when we were in their territory. Heck we went for it on our own 29. Wasnt it 4th and 2? Just run Dak again. Then we could have run out the clock. Ugh, that lose was just frustrating.

I thought the punt was the right call. We pinned em back. We just didnt get the stop. Our young secondary didnt make the play, but they'll improve

CadaverDawg
09-15-2013, 12:25 AM
I thought the punt was the right call. We pinned em back. We just didnt get the stop. Our young secondary didnt make the play, but they'll improve

I see some of what you're saying, but I wouldnt pin it on the "young secondary". If they had not been made to play a soft prevent D, they may have stopped them. Auburn's QB SUCKS, but even a shitty QB can throw it to a wide open WR sitting in between a zone in the middle of the field. That was not on our DB's...it was on our Chris Wilson reincarnated DCoord and Head Coach, both of whom went full blown pusstard in the last 4 minutes of the game

Jacksondevildog
09-15-2013, 12:28 AM
The people that don't see it are the geezers that didn't see or believe that Ole Miss was passing us by in baseball in the early 2000's. They just hide their head in the sand and hope that it gets better. We have fans that could find out what channel the MSU game or Super Bowl is on without Gene's Page or another MSU message board.

msstate7
09-15-2013, 12:29 AM
I see some of what you're saying, but I wouldnt pin it on the "young secondary". If they had not been made to play a soft prevent D, they may have stopped them. Auburn's QB SUCKS, but even a shitty QB can throw it to a wide open WR sitting in between a zone in the middle of the field. That was not on our DB's...it was on our Chris Wilson reincarnated DCoord and Head Coach, both of whom went full blown pusstard in the last 4 minutes of the game

It was tough call. Do you attack even though they had beaten us deep several times or do you try and keep it in front of you? Cox just doesn't look like a corner. He needs to be a safety. I'm not ready to give up on him, but he's got work to do.

Todd4State
09-15-2013, 12:34 AM
It was tough call. Do you attack even though they had beaten us deep several times or do you try and keep it in front of you? Cox just doesn't look like a corner. He needs to be a safety. I'm not ready to give up on him, but he's got work to do.

You zone blitz and you tell your guys to not get beat deep. Someone driving down 90 yards on you is unexcusable no matter what we do.

Jacksondevildog
09-15-2013, 12:35 AM
Cox struggles rotating his hips and recovering when a guy gets by him. He almost fell down multiple times just rotating around. That's concerning.

msstate7
09-15-2013, 12:38 AM
I think he's out of position

Jacksondevildog
09-15-2013, 12:46 AM
Agreed. So is Russell and that hasn't stopped Mullen and Les.
I think he's out of position

msstate7
09-15-2013, 12:57 AM
Agreed. So is Russell and that hasn't stopped Mullen and Les.

I don't think dak was ready until now

Jacksondevildog
09-15-2013, 01:01 AM
Dak passed the eye test and performance test on the road at Auburn in a night game in front of 85,000 people. I know that Mullen will have to watch video to make a determination, but I'm no fool. He made some bad throws, but he made some good throws and good football plays. He extended drives with his legs (something that we've been missing). If we play anyone else but him the rest of the year, it would be crazy. He is the immediate future and he is the main chance that we have to squeaking to 6 wins this year.

HancockCountyDog
09-15-2013, 01:04 AM
Dak passed the eye test and performance test on the road at Auburn in a night game in front of 85,000 people. I know that Mullen will have to watch video to make a determination, but I'm no fool. He made some bad throws, but he made some good throws and good football plays. He extended drives with his legs (something that we've been missing). If we play anyone else but him the rest of the year, it would be crazy. He is the immediate future and he is the main chance that we have to squeaking to 6 wins this year.

If we see Russell again, the fix is in.

FlabLoser
09-15-2013, 01:16 AM
Ole Miss fans are nuts right now. I know some that think they have a shot at Atlanta.

Ole Miss is drinking way too much cool aid. They almost beat aTm last year, but they are gonna find out the aTm they played early last year is nothing like what aTm is now.

And they think they went toe to toe with Bama last year. They had a lead for about 10 seconds. And lost by multiple touchdowns. They're gonna find out real soon that this year's Bama is a lot better than last year's. I think Bama wins 42-3.

Op4isabitch
09-15-2013, 01:33 AM
Exactly,
They squeaked by a Vandy team that got run off the field tonight, they beat SEMO directional school and a bad bad Texas team. Reality is about to set in for the bear fans.

CJDAWG85
09-15-2013, 02:12 AM
Wallace will get hurt and their season is done... It's coming

C222
09-15-2013, 06:30 AM
Y'all keep telling yourselves that about Ole Miss. They are about to leave us in the dust. They may go 10-2.

DownwardDawg
09-15-2013, 06:53 AM
Y'all keep telling yourselves that about Ole Miss. They are about to leave us in the dust. They may go 10-2.

They won't come close to 10-2, but they are certainly passing us by. Neither school will ever leave the other in the dust. History shows that both athletic departments are too stupid to do that. Neither understands how to take advantage of an opportunity.

Vandownbytheriver
09-15-2013, 07:12 AM
From everything I read, reality was supposed to set in this week for them.

Dawgface
09-15-2013, 07:18 AM
The people that don't see it are the geezers that didn't see or believe that Ole Miss was passing us by in baseball in the early 2000's. They just hide their head in the sand and hope that it gets better. We have fans that could find out what channel the MSU game or Super Bowl is on without Gene's Page or another MSU message board.

How old do you have to be to be a geezer? I'm 59 and I would imagine a kid would put me in that bracket. ;) All I can tell you is all my geezer friends are pissed with our decline over the last 10 games or so. What are we now....2-8? As far as I'm concerned, Dan Mullen can hit the road.

Wallace will get hurt and their season is done... It's coming

That could happen and it would derail them for sure. If not, they will win 8 games minimum and murder us.

MemphisDawg
09-15-2013, 07:42 AM
So losing on the road at a top 15 oppenent by 10 and having the ball inside the 5 yard line to make it 3 but not converting is getting run off the field?

Yeah ok. I understand the ole miss hate but let US not get blinded by it.

We have shit we have to figure out. We need to not worry about OM until Nov and hope that we even have a shot at a bowl by that game.

bocfarm
09-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Ole Miss fans are nuts right now. I know some that think they have a shot at Atlanta.

Ole Miss is drinking way too much cool aid. They almost beat aTm last year, but they are gonna find out the aTm they played early last year is nothing like what aTm is now.

And they think they went toe to toe with Bama last year. They had a lead for about 10 seconds. And lost by multiple touchdowns. They're gonna find out real soon that this year's Bama is a lot better than last year's. I think Bama wins 42-3.

Bama's defense isn't that good, they'll get scored on by om and a&m's defense is ****ing terrible making that game vs om winnable. They will win 8 maybe 9 which totally ****s me on my win total bet, I needed them to lose candy or ut and they one both.

biscuit
09-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Ole Miss won't beat Bama, but they have a chance to win the rest. Scary how quick they have caught and passed us in 15 months.