PDA

View Full Version : A nightmare I know but,..

Dawgcentral
06-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Say you were dropped on your head as an infant, or grew up with a confederate flag as a blankie while inbred aristocrats looked down and smiled upon your crib,..
Would you attend the game in Starkville this year on Thanksgiving?

There has been quite a bit of speculation whether or not Leo will be targeted. He's not the type of guy that will refrain from getting into the mix. If one Johnny Reb gets out of line near some of the Bulldog Faithful, I have to wonder if security could get there quick enough before someone makes him eat his clip on bow tie.

There are some of you with OM family and friends who share your tickets with them. If they're friends and family that you'd rather not have around any longer, this might be your opportunity to change all that chumminess.

RocketDawg
06-10-2017, 06:48 PM
Might be a testy game for sure. They always are, but this one may be even worse than normal.

But regarding your original question (sorta) ... I'm an MSU fan and I'm not sure I'm going to the game. Reason? It's on Thanksgiving, a traditional family holiday. I don't like that scheduling.

Dolphus Raymond
06-10-2017, 06:49 PM
Perhaps I'm naive but I believe 99% of the fans in every fan base are rational people.

starkvegasdawg
06-10-2017, 06:50 PM
My first response is no, but then I remember when the games were moved back to campus some motard started waving a rebel flag in our student section. He left in an ambulance.

msbulldog
06-10-2017, 06:52 PM
In over 40 years I have weathered some confrontations, I love my cowbell.

Todd4State
06-10-2017, 06:55 PM
Long way to go until November. Some of it depends on how we're doing and also how they are doing as well. If they suck their fans won't show up. I think it's a minimal risk as there is always security during the Dawg Walk anyway.

Dawgcentral
06-10-2017, 06:56 PM
Perhaps I'm naive but I believe 99% of the fans in every fan base are rational people.
That could depend on which section you view the games.
I'm not expecting any brawls within the skyboxes or club levels ( though it wouldn't shock me)
But it's been quite entertaining watching the beaten foe walking down the ramps on the west side.especially when they fall down and the airplane sized plastic bottles trip up their comrades.

msbulldog
06-10-2017, 07:03 PM
I had the most fun standing on the west ramp with my wife after Ogeron blew that 4th quarter lead that cost him his job, yelling Hoddy Toddy That!

RocketDawg
06-10-2017, 07:04 PM
That could depend on which section you view the games.
I'm not expecting any brawls within the skyboxes or club levels ( though it wouldn't shock me)
But it's been quite entertaining watching the beaten foe walking down the ramps on the west side.especially when they fall down and the airplane sized plastic bottles trip up their comrades.

You think Bjork and Cohen will get in a wrestling match? **

RocketDawg
06-10-2017, 07:05 PM

But 1% of 65,000 is 650 ... that could be quite a riot.

Liverpooldawg
06-10-2017, 07:09 PM
Say you were dropped on your head as an infant, or grew up with a confederate flag as a blankie while inbred aristocrats looked down and smiled upon your crib,..
Would you attend the game in Starkville this year on Thanksgiving?

There has been quite a bit of speculation whether or not Leo will be targeted. He's not the type of guy that will refrain from getting into the mix. If one Johnny Reb gets out of line near some of the Bulldog Faithful, I have to wonder if security could get there quick enough before someone makes him eat his clip on bow tie.

There are some of you with OM family and friends who share your tickets with them. If they're friends and family that you'd rather not have around any longer, this might be your opportunity to change all that chumminess.
I'm just glad it's in Starkville this year. They aren't that brave in small numbers. As Mutt is so fond of pointing out, the brave ones removed themselves from the gene pool charging into Yankee guns in the Civil War.******

Liverpooldawg
06-10-2017, 07:11 PM
You think Bjork and Cohen will get in a wrestling match? **

You are assuming Bjork is still employed there by Thanksgiving. I think that is an open question.

tireddawg
06-10-2017, 07:23 PM

You're naive.

Todd4State
06-10-2017, 07:38 PM
I had the most fun standing on the west ramp with my wife after Ogeron blew that 4th quarter lead that cost him his job, yelling Hoddy Toddy That!

This Dad and his son were sitting behind me late in that game when we were down 14-0 and the Dad got frustrated and left even though his son was begging him to stay. I still feel bad for that kid.

The Federalist Engineer
06-10-2017, 07:56 PM
Leo will probably be able to sue Freeze and OM in a civil case ... NFL money and a nasty lawyer... Freeze will have to work as his butler

Mimi's Babies
06-10-2017, 08:17 PM
Might be a testy game for sure. They always are, but this one may be even worse than normal.

But regarding your original question (sorta) ... I'm an MSU fan and I'm not sure I'm going to the game. Reason? It's on Thanksgiving, a traditional family holiday. I don't like that scheduling.

If anyone wants to sell their tickets let me know..... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Do not sell them to Ole piss......

SailingDawg
06-10-2017, 09:04 PM
This Dad and his son were sitting behind me late in that game when we were down 14-0 and the Dad got frustrated and left even though his son was begging him to stay. I still feel bad for that kid.

My two kids and I left as well. They still won't let me forget it.

Liverpooldawg
06-10-2017, 09:19 PM
If anyone wants to sell their tickets let me know..... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Do not sell them to Ole piss......

Don't worry about it. They won't be there. They were brave enough to charge Cemetery Ridge in 1863, those folks are dead.

Mimi's Babies
06-10-2017, 09:35 PM
Don't worry about it. They won't be there. They were brave enough to charge Cemetery Ridge in 1863, those folks are dead.

I wish Dan would change LL's jersey number to #39.... Looks like I am going to get sweat shirts made for that game with #39 on the front... #HAILSTATE...

Spiderman
06-10-2017, 09:41 PM

I'd say true on the State side, I'd put it at 50% on the other

Dawgpile
06-10-2017, 11:22 PM
In over 40 years I have weathered some confrontations, I love my cowbell.

My cowbell got me back to my car unscathed at many away games, and once at home. Very practical tradition, if you ask me.

msbulldog
06-11-2017, 07:32 AM

My wife and I were leaving going down the ramp in the 4th quarter and I told her lets stop and watch the last of the game and saw the remarkable comeback. Somebody had given me the tickets, the Mississippi band was 2 sections down, Mississippi fans were all around with typical Hoddy Toddying. The wind was freezing cold and we were down 2 touchdowns. I didn't see much sense in continuing to sit there, I am so glad we stopped on the ramp and saw the fun.

Mobile Bay
06-11-2017, 11:44 AM

We were no more than 10 feet away from each other that day. I was the old fat drunk guy who was way to old to be acting that way, but damn it was fun. Shook Wesley Carol's hand after he came out that day too.

RocketDawg
06-11-2017, 01:19 PM

I would never sell my tickets to an opposing fan. And I normally just give them away if not using them. No need to sell.