PDA

View Full Version : Coach cann...read this

justwin
06-09-2017, 11:05 PM
Good luck tomorrow

Do not play Alexander or Poole even as late defensive adjustments. Cohen pulled rooker after hitting two hrs last game last year and it cost him when smith k'd after Arizona tied it up. Do not sacrifice vansau bat as he can make any play in the outfield. 0 for 5 with 5 ks vs Lange in a game we could've won

Nice job getting Cole some abs last weekend. He's been a different hitter last few weeks than eArlier in the year. He nearly hit 3 hrs last weekend

Do not pitch Cole in the 1st inning. He's a relief guy not a starter

Continue to preAch to rooker to only look oppo. When he looks oppo he hits hrs in the Lf lights like earlier in the year vs Tennessee. He's an elite hitter when staying on the ball. He was 7/13 vs LSU and can replicate this weekend if he uses all fields

LSU's ace is the Sunday guy, consistent, efficient. Lange is erratic and emotional. Poche is SEC average. We can hit Lange and Poche

Skelton is ready if you need him in a pinch but needs to have the freedom to attack the first strike thrown to him.

Pilk Denver billingsley are starters. Plum & Cole middle

Mainieri is not happy for you. He doesn't care about you. You beat LSU as a player so you know the recipe.

Cann, you are yoda. Force is strong with you. Hail state

DownwardDawg
06-09-2017, 11:21 PM
I like this post.

msstate7
06-09-2017, 11:30 PM
Say what? Lange strikes out 10 per 9 innings and is expected to be a 1st rounder. Walker strikes out about 7.5 per 9 (not bad, but not 10) and tops out around 88. Lange is the ace and has been for 3 years

mparkerfd20
06-10-2017, 07:39 AM
I disregarded everything else after you said Lange wasn't the Ace.

VandelayIndustries
06-10-2017, 07:41 AM
As others have stated Lange is LSU's ace

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-10-2017, 07:46 AM
Say what? Lange strikes out 10 per 9 innings and is expected to be a 1st rounder. Walker strikes out about 7.5 per 9 (not bad, but not 10) and tops out around 88. Lange is the ace and has been for 3 years

The outcome with Lange hinges on if he can locate his curveball. If he can, may be a long night.

The Federalist Engineer
06-10-2017, 08:56 AM
I get were your going but...

(1) Lange is an Ace and a monster, let's hope he gets outed as a Pediphile before 8pm
(2) Our No.2 starter situation has been fluid all year, Gordon's Florida game was an aberration and JB is bipolar

I also hate defensive replacements that can't hit...you played 8 innings without them, WTF?

CadaverDawg
06-10-2017, 09:59 AM
Totally agree about the defensive replacements. A guy that is warm and has played 8 innings, is just as reliable as a better defender coming in cold off the bench...plus you don't lose the better bat if the other team comes back.

And I get what you're saying about Walker. He's good. He's consistent. He seems to be less likely to have an erratic start than Lange right now. Some of y'all take shit too literal. Or maybe it's me...I don't think he was saying Walker is a better prospect or pitcher...just that right this second he is the most consistent performance repeater on that staff the last few weeks/month. Hard to argue. No he isn't the Ace, but he's pitching like one.

msstate7
06-10-2017, 10:33 AM
Lange vs state...
7.0 ip 6 h 1 er 5 bb 11 k

Walker vs state...
4.0 ip 6 h 4 er 3 bb 4 k

It_Could_Happen
06-10-2017, 11:36 AM
They key tonight for me is this: we need a UIC/Georgia type outing from KP. If he can get us into the 7th I'll be pumped. GH and Cann have to go get him the minute he begins to look tired, because as you saw in the UIC game, it can come apart quickly when he gets tired. I think we are carrying a lot of confidence at the dish right now into this game and think we'll be able to push a few across. Just need KP and Self to keep us in the game, which I think they will.