PDA

View Full Version : Do you all think the SEC is disturbed by Freeze and Barney responses?

Dawgology
06-09-2017, 06:08 PM
Here we have Ole Miss at the end of a 4 year investigation uncovering major cheating and academic fraud that spans several coaching regimes and sports. It has uncovered deliberate and major infractions. More than have ever been uncovered in any program in NCAA history.

The response?

The coaches deny it all and name other SEC schools as the actual perpetrators as well as blame the student athletes themselves. On top of this they admit that they record conversations with recruits and recruits families yet these recordings are only handed over to the NCAA after the recruit doesn't sign with them.... seems like a blackmail tactic.

These coaches and the Ole Miss athletic program do all this and show moronic defiance towards the NCAA and never take responsibility for any of this while trying to drag down other teams and this conference with them.

I've been joking about them getting removed from the SEC but....

yjnkdawg
06-09-2017, 06:16 PM
The SEC Office is upset over anything that shows a negative reflection on the SEC. This definitely does. So i would have to say "Yeah". The odds are significantly greater on OM getting a NCAA DP , than OM removed from the SEC. OM may receive some reprimand or warning from the SEC. The SEC Office did warn them about those recruiting techniques. However, OM getting kicked out of the SEC ain't happening.

Liverpooldawg
06-09-2017, 06:34 PM
The SEC Office is upset over anything that shows a negative reflection on the SEC. This definitely does. So i would have to say "Yeah". The odds are significantly greater on OM getting a NCAA DP , than OM removed from the SEC. OM may receive some reprimand or warning from the SEC. The SEC Office did warn them about those recruiting techniques. However, OM getting kicked out of the SEC ain't happening.

I used say the same. After seeing their response, I'm not so sure anymore. They are downright dangerous to everyone around them right now. It might be time.

Mimi's Babies
06-09-2017, 06:40 PM
The OM crap is a TOTAL embarrassment to the State of MS...
IHL should start at the top and clean house at OM.
ACT Test fraud.... ugh

IF I were those idiots... I would BURN everything OM.....

msstate7
06-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Sec office may just call up the NCAA and tell them to hammer om. No idea if the sec will do this or not, but I'm positive the sec doesn't wanna go down the road om is walking down.

yjnkdawg
06-09-2017, 06:55 PM
I used say the same. After seeing their response, I'm not so sure anymore. They are downright dangerous to everyone around them right now. It might be time.

I agree on the need and for the betterment of the conference, but I think there are too many other factors involved for that to happen. We shall see how it plays out.

yjnkdawg
06-09-2017, 07:05 PM
Sec office may just call up the NCAA and tell them to hammer om. No idea if the sec will do this or not, but I'm positive the sec doesn't wanna go down the road om is walking down.

I have no idea either and no I can't see the SEC wanting to go down that road either. Even if the SEC Office wanted to part ways with OM, I believe that would be some kind of major legal snafu, and probably be tied up in court for several or more years.

Dawgology
06-09-2017, 08:13 PM
If you think about it though: they have tried to name us and Alabama as complicit in this. You have Auburn wanting to switch divisions. Plus all the other crap going on with academic fraud. Ole Miss will be toxic for some time and be a wasteland for sports. With them picking on Bama I can see Bama throwing their weight around to get the votes to do it.

KB549
06-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Remember how mad the SEC office was with us over reporting Cam? This makes that whole ordeal look like child's play. If there is a "conduct unbecoming a member clause," they just did it. Its probably wishful thinking, but I'd be happy to let them walk away with the egg bow record. I don't care if we ever play them in another sport. Not even badminton. You know they'd slobber all over the shuttlecocks

The Federalist Engineer
06-09-2017, 08:56 PM
The NCAA can play around with scholarships, SEC should just throw them out - they can keep Freeze and cheat at will in the Sun Belt - who cares

Political Hack
06-10-2017, 10:16 AM
Yes. I think the SEC is deeply disturbed by Ole Miss, but its way more than just their response. It what they did.

Ole Miss keeps trying to scream "we were set up" or "somebody was trying to catch us." What they forget is that they were caught. Red handed. It doesn't matter how they were caught. They were caught. Their entire mindset and defense is amazing to me.

Pollodawg
06-10-2017, 10:26 AM
Considering it's widely known that Birmingham told them to cool it a while back, yes. I doubt seriously the head office is pleased. They keep saying this never would have happened under Slive. They're right. Slive and Kayat were amigos.

Reason2succeed
06-10-2017, 10:28 AM
When you say the SEC who are you talking about? The SEC administration? The SEC school administrators? Other ADs?

To all of those yes. What is super embarrassing and upsetting is the ACT fraud. That creates a perception that SEC student athletes are not "student" athletes at all but just paid free agents. This is a stereotype the SEC wants to dispel. OM just gain the other conferences all the ammo they ever needed to look down at the SEC.

Will they be expelled? That's politics. It's impossible to say but if OM continues to act defiantly then the odds increase every day.

They are not the only program to face NCAA sanctions. They need to grow up and accept responsibility like other competent programs do.