PDA

View Full Version : Farrar's response....

BeardoMSU
06-09-2017, 12:34 PM
Here it is.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2sIE8C1E5I4UUFXdW1EcGhGc1E/view

BeardoMSU
06-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Well, I think y'all can forget about Farrar singing on Freeze.....

"In his time on Coach Freeze’s staff, Coach Freeze never asked

Farrar to break any NCAA rule but always reinforced how important it was that he follow the

rules and maintain the highest standards of conduct. Farrar expresses his hope that this panel will

give Ole Miss and Hugh Freeze every opportunity and consideration in these proceedings. It is

deserved."

Mobile Bay
06-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Even after being thrown under the bus, he is still trying to protect Freeze. Strange.

TrapGame
06-09-2017, 12:53 PM
Farrar will be a lackey and a flunky to the bitter end. He knows his place.

msstate7
06-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Like it matters what Barney wants. Freeze is getting his show cause. A ucla assistant got a show cause over a level 2. Big names like tressel, chip Kelly, and Pete Carroll got show causes under old penalty structure... no way in hell does freeze skate

Jarius
06-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Well if there's anyone we can trust, it's the guy who lied to NCAA investigators over and over and over and over and over in December 2016. Besides the fact that the head coach is responsible for his assistants' actions, Freeze is getting letters of recommendations from people who have a laundry list of allegations in the NOAs their self. That's like going to a prison and picking out the criminals to testify for you as a character witness in a trial.

BeardoMSU
06-09-2017, 12:56 PM
It doesn't take one long to understand how Barney intends to vindicate himself...Jeez...

"Redacted is the only witness that provided any purported evidence against Coach Farrar.

Redacted is a young man that now plays football for Ole Miss’s rival, redacted .

Redacted likely lured into this witch-hunt by his own head coach so he could escape NCAA charges

himself, deflect his misdeeds onto Farrar and Ole Miss, and keep his eligibility to play for redacted.

A young man who, undeservedly, was given immunity as the NCAA enforcement staff

deliberately turned away from his own admitted violations so that it could pursue the school and

the recruiter it really wanted – Ole Miss and Barney Farrar."

BeastMan
06-09-2017, 12:58 PM
The whole defense of "Mullen did it" is insane, untruthful, and is going to get them slammed. It's hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

Dan Mullen is on the NCAA Oversight Committee. He was added because he's well respected in coaching circles and within the SEC & NCAA. Hugh Freeze is not respected in any of those circles and the defense that a well-respected guy on the oversight committee orchestrated this whole thing shows how screwed they truly are.

ScoobaDawg
06-09-2017, 01:01 PM
Well i think you might be looking at it. Barney held the company line in this response which was submitted on May 23.
Since he was no longer working at UM or with their lawyers, I would there is a strong chance he didn't see UM's response until it came out a couple days ago..
Thus why he felt so mad that he got betrayed as the single problem and all blame on him.

Who knows what he is going to do now... but we now see what he was willing to do.. Sing the company song and go along...
Will that change now? Welll... they ebtter hope they can back the $$$ truck up and quiet him down.

mstatefan91
06-09-2017, 01:01 PM
Beardo, I was about to post the same excerpt. Can't believe Farrar is still standing with OM even after they left him out to dry.

Tripp McNeely
06-09-2017, 01:04 PM
Here it is.

Still a clear case of LOIC. All of this happened under Freeze's watch, he had NO IDEA it was happening, and he waited until LAST YEAR to fire Barney?!?! Yep, that's LOIC

The more and more "evidence" they present like this, literally, the stronger case they make for LOIC. If what Barney says is true, Freeze had ZERO control over what his assistants were doing (don't forget the guys named in the first NOA)... that's the definition of Lack of Institutional Control!

Thick
06-09-2017, 01:05 PM
Farrar was paid by OM to fall on the sword, and him lawyering up was part of the game. That's it in a nutshell.

Pollodawg
06-09-2017, 01:09 PM
Told y'all he did t roll on anyone. None of this matters, tho. What's done is done. The NCAA has what it wants. Nothing by Barney matters now.

preachermatt83
06-09-2017, 01:13 PM
This was released by barn and his attny well before he saw the response of OM to the noa.

ckDOG
06-09-2017, 01:17 PM
I'll read it this weekend, but note that this was dated well before OMs response this week. There's a good chance their reapsonse and throwing him under the bus conflicts with what is stated in this letter. Like the case considering his atty's release this week.

Pollodawg
06-09-2017, 01:18 PM
It was drafted well before the NOA release. Lol. I still don't think Barn has rolled.

mstatefan91
06-09-2017, 01:19 PM
This was released by barn and his attny well before he saw the response of OM to the noa.

You are correct sir.

May 23, 2017

Pollodawg
06-09-2017, 01:23 PM
And, like I said earlier, it doesn't matter anymore. It's all up the COI from here.

blacklistedbully
06-09-2017, 01:26 PM
Told y'all he did t roll on anyone. None of this matters, tho. What's done is done. The NCAA has what it wants. Nothing by Barney matters now.

As Scooba said, you need to look at the date of his response. It was submitted before Farrar saw the UNM response that threw him under-the-bus.

Right now it looks like he was a good soldier, thinking everyone was on the same page, and they were going to deny and fight this together. In fact, the recent comments from his attorney, Bruse Lloyd, say that.

They were caught by surprise and are pissed about it. To them, it looks like UNM got what they wanted from Farrar, then turned on him.

They may yet pay him enough to shut him up...and that may be the card he is trying to play...but make no mistake...the most recent comments via Lloyd are a shot across the bow at UNM.

BeardoMSU
06-09-2017, 01:27 PM
And, like I said earlier, it doesn't matter anymore. It's all up the COI from here.

Won't there be a NCAA response from the investigative branch to OM's (including Freeze and Farrar) response before it goes to the COI?

blacklistedbully
06-09-2017, 01:31 PM
If you read Freeze's response you'll find a reference to what Freeze is claiming to have said, when told in December by the NCAA what Farrar is accused of doing. He purportedly said, "It makes me want to vomit".

That's included in the Freeze response. Do you really think Barney knew that was going to be in there when he agreed to the May 23rd response?

Pollodawg
06-09-2017, 01:32 PM
As Scooba said, you need to look at the date of his response. It was submitted before Farrar saw the UNM response that threw him under-the-bus.

Right now it looks like he was a good soldier, thinking everyone was on the same page, and they were going to deny and fight this together. In fact, the recent comments from his attorney, Bruse Lloyd, say that.

They were caught by surprise and are pissed about it. To them, it looks like UNM got what they wanted from Farrar, then turned on him.

They may yet pay him enough to shut him up...and that may be the card he is trying to play...but make no mistake...the most recent comments via Lloyd are a shot across the bow at UNM.

Could be. Don't know how I missed the date at first.

cheewgumm
06-09-2017, 01:33 PM
This is fantastic. They got al their responses together them changed it without telling him, tossed him under.

Wow

Pollodawg
06-09-2017, 01:34 PM
Won't there be a NCAA response from the investigative branch to OM's (including Freeze and Farrar) response before it goes to the COI?

I think that happens at the meeting.

Mimi's Babies
06-09-2017, 01:36 PM
1. Print the letter May 23, 2017 concerning Farrar
2. Print the letter from the Attorney
3. Print the NCAA NOA

lay side by side the information and you will see where this mess is headed...

I would love to see Farrar's response to the NOA....

Spiderman
Here it is.

Barney got paid, and barney has done his job.

He's denying all, but is actually falling on the sword.

mstatefan91
It still boils down to this: either Freeze is one dumb MF'er or he's covering his ass.

Neither looks good.

bobtail bob
06-09-2017, 01:41 PM
Barnyard is a tired old cheater who should take the scraps that the good old boys will be sending his way and fade into the sunset. Read Barneys lawerys response from Wednesday, it is more of an accurate read on Barneys frame of mind.
I have created many laugh lines on my face this glorious week.....

Cooterpoot
06-09-2017, 01:47 PM
Farrar should be willing to blow this up. OM let him submit his response before they cut his throat. They played him.

blacklistedbully
06-09-2017, 02:01 PM
Farrar should be willing to blow this up. OM let him submit his response before they cut his throat. They played him.

But unless he can back up any renewed claims, any additional comments contradicting the official 5/23 response will more likely be viewed as a "disgruntled former employee". "Were you lying then, or are you lying now, Barney?".

I suspect he is just trying to get a bigger payoff. That, or he is genuinely pissed off at UNM, but will eventually see he is in a tough spot credibility-wise. I think UNM will point this out to him, and give him a little extra to soften the blow.

ckDOG
06-09-2017, 02:03 PM

But did they? Farrar was fired in December 2016. He and counsel had to have known that the University response would include admission that he skirted rules. Otherwise, why else would they have fired him. They can't be that dumb.

What's happening is Barney and counsel are maintaining his innocence. They know he's guilty. That's why he got fired. He got busted an laid the price. But he also knows where the bodies are. Maintain your innocence and fire off an angry letter when the school publicly confirms that you cheated and hid it. It's a not so subtle reminder that he can really do some damage if they don't take case of him with whatever financial package they've got going. His name was becoming mud one way or another - might as well get some cash out of the party that would never admit they were in on it too.

Saltydog
06-09-2017, 02:11 PM
bunch of people in the entire NCAA. They'll go to whatever extremes necessary to protect Ole Miss and their interest. I will guarantee you ole Barn got a golden parachute by some means and took a payoff. No doubt in my mind whatsoever that occurred. Barney hiring a lawyer appears to be cloak and dagger. I'm sure ole Barn will be very comfortably taken care of for quite a while. Meanwhile, I'll stand by my prediction that Freeze will NOT get a show cause, rather suspended and I'm guessing a two year bowl ban and 25-28 shollies cut.

Bubb Rubb
06-09-2017, 02:20 PM
This is correct. When you read Freeze's response, he says that when he heard about what Barney had done, he wanted to puke.

They are not in sync. Barney is attacking MSU and Leo, and assumed Freeze and Ole Miss had is back. Then Ole Miss came out and threw Barney under the bus.

It makes sense why the lawyer is chirping now.

Chip
06-09-2017, 02:30 PM
The most interesting word in the response is the word "Initial", in the title line. The word Initial seems to reserve Barney the opportunity to amend the response thus making it Final.

Dawgowar
06-09-2017, 02:36 PM

Yes. They will clear their throats and say: "Drop your trousers gentlemen. We shan't be using lubricants nor latex products."

Really Clark?
06-09-2017, 02:40 PM
But did they? Farrar was fired in December 2016. He and counsel had to have known that the University response would include admission that he skirted rules. Otherwise, why else would they have fired him. They can't be that dumb.

What's happening is Barney and counsel are maintaining his innocence. They know he's guilty. That's why he got fired. He got busted an laid the price. But he also knows where the bodies are. Maintain your innocence and fire off an angry letter when the school publicly confirms that you cheated and hid it. It's a not so subtle reminder that he can really do some damage if they don't take case of him with whatever financial package they've got going. His name was becoming mud one way or another - might as well get some cash out of the party that would never admit they were in on it too.

Even after he was fired, Farrar and Freeze had the same counsel being paid for by the university until Mar 31, 2017. This is why his attorney went on the offensive prior to the release of UNM response. Remember his attorney's quote from Barney "We were all in this together - what happened to me?". I tell you what happened they mislead you into thinking the defense was going to be in sync with each other all the while they had shift plan of attack to not only LL but they were making him out to be the scapegoat. I don't believe for a second he is a willing fall guy. Once he got to read UNM response AFTER he had submitted his, that is when his attorney went public.

1bigdawg
06-09-2017, 02:49 PM
So the NCAA and UNM are in agreement that BF cheated, but BF says they did nothing wrong. The NCAA is going to kill him for lying. He has two choices. 1) Tell the NCAA the truth, throwing UNM under the bus to try to minimize his show cause or 2) resign himself to a high school job if he can get it. If he takes option two, he has been paid bigtime.

Indndawg
06-09-2017, 02:57 PM
Looks like the skinheads lied to the barn and now back stabbed him. I'll bet he's seething.

BossDawg
06-09-2017, 03:01 PM
Beardo, I was about to post the same excerpt. Can't believe Farrar is still standing with OM even after they left him out to dry.

$$$$

BossDawg
06-09-2017, 03:03 PM

Exactly. Any rational person can see straight through this gigantic circus UM is trying to pass off as "exemplary cooperation".

Dawgowar
06-09-2017, 03:11 PM
The NCAA has lived in the state for about five years. What is in the NOA and addendum is what the enforcement team KNOWS it can prove. They also damn well know how the recruiting game is played in the state of Mississippi. They know the personalities involved. UNM's huffing and puffing is not going to change shit. The hearing and the deliberation on penalties will decide this. No amount of spin is going to stop this train from rolling over their ass.

**** those shitbirds.

"

I seen it dawg
06-09-2017, 03:16 PM
Farrar is a ****ing imbecile flunky.

**** those shitbirds

LC Dawg
06-09-2017, 03:17 PM
The whole defense of "Mullen did it" is insane, untruthful, and is going to get them slammed. It's hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

Dan Mullen is on the NCAA Oversight Committee. He was added because he's well respected in coaching circles and within the SEC & NCAA. Hugh Freeze is not respected in any of those circles and the defense that a well-respected guy on the oversight committee orchestrated this whole thing shows how screwed they truly are.

You would think a bunch of educated, seemingly intelligent people would be smarter than this. I wonder if they all believe that Mullen really convinced Leo to lie to get Ole Miss in trouble or if they just thought that this would be a good strategy. Either way, I'm sure the COI is going to have a good laugh at the Rebels expense.

Coursesuper
06-09-2017, 03:20 PM
Farrar was paid by OM to fall on the sword, and him lawyering up was part of the game. That's it in a nutshell.

This is correct!

RocketDawg
06-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Well i think you might be looking at it. Barney held the company line in this response which was submitted on May 23.
Since he was no longer working at UM or with their lawyers, I would there is a strong chance he didn't see UM's response until it came out a couple days ago..
Thus why he felt so mad that he got betrayed as the single problem and all blame on him.

Who knows what he is going to do now... but we now see what he was willing to do.. Sing the company song and go along...
Will that change now? Welll... they ebtter hope they can back the $$$ truck up and quiet him down.

I think you are exactly correct ... he submitted this well before he knew that Ole Miss was going to turn against him, and turn in a very nasty way. It's no wonder he felt betrayed. But is what he's saying about Leo Lewis the truth? I have no idea, but if it's true Leo would have had to have a full time accountant to keep up with all the money from all the sources.

RocketDawg
06-09-2017, 04:16 PM

lawyering up and protecting Freeze in his response. Wasn't his lawyer initially the same guy who was making the payment to Leo through an assistant? Kinda looks like Barney lived up to his side of the deal but Ole Miss did not.

Can't remember ... did Barney's interview with television station in Indiana happen after he submitted his response reportedly on May 23? It almost had to, because he was anti-Freeze (or antifreeze, if you will) in that interview if I remember correctly.

Really Clark?
06-09-2017, 04:19 PM
lawyering up and protecting Freeze in his response. Wasn't his lawyer initially the same guy who was making the payment to Leo through an assistant? Kinda looks like Barney lived up to his side of the deal but Ole Miss did not.

Can't remember ... did Barney's interview with television station in Indiana happen after he submitted his response reportedly on May 23? It almost had to, because he was anti-Freeze (or antifreeze, if you will) in that interview if I remember correctly.

That was not the same attorney. Lloyd didn't get involved with Farrar NCAA case until after Mar 31, 2017.

Yes the interview happen on June 1. After they got to read UNM's response

Coursesuper
06-09-2017, 04:29 PM
That was not the same attorney. Lloyd didn't get involved with Farrar NCAA case until after Mar 31, 2017.

True, but you can't tell me that Barney hasn't been taken care of by D Nut, Archie and the Taco Bell gang. These guys are all working from the same script.

JDog13
06-09-2017, 04:48 PM
They know Leo's testimony is going to destroy them. They are pulling lawyer 101 and trying everything they can to discredit him. That might work in the court of public opinion, but it's not going to work with the NCAA. Leo could be a total assbag, but if his testimony checked out, his character is pointless to the NCAA.

They have, on paper, admission of recording recruits. How's that going to set with future recruits?

blacklistedbully
06-09-2017, 04:52 PM

NM. Thought you said May, not March.

Really Clark?
06-09-2017, 04:55 PM
True, but you can't tell me that Barney hasn't been taken care of by D Nut, Archie and the Taco Bell gang. These guys are all working from the same script.

Honestly, I think he thought he was or was led to believe they would. His attorney has used the verbage how Barney is disappointed that the decision makers and those in administration have made him the scapegoat. How he thought they were all in this together. And I don't think he is necessarily talking about university employees when he has mentioned descision makers.

Now if the "Barney Betrayal" is just a ploy and he is just playing his part, I just don't see how it will work in the grand scheme. It seems like a half measure. Not to mention all the boosters that are wrapped up in the Barney deal that have been disassociated. I just don't fully buy it is fake.

Coursesuper
06-09-2017, 05:07 PM
Honestly, I think he thought he was or was led to believe they would. His attorney has used the verbage how Barney is disappointed that the decision makers and those in administration have made him the scapegoat. How he thought they were all in this together. And I don't think he is necessarily talking about university employees when he has mentioned descision makers.

Now if the "Barney Betrayal" is just a ploy and he is just playing his part, I just don't see how it will work in the grand scheme. It seems like a half measure. Not to mention all the boosters that are wrapped up in the Barney deal that have been disassociated. I just don't fully buy it is fake.

If Barney hadn't been taken care of then he would be throwing Freezus and Co under the bus to save his own ass. The fact that he and his council are preaching from the same script as the UMN response says it all.

Really Clark?
06-09-2017, 05:27 PM
If Barney hadn't been taken care of then he would be throwing Freezus and Co under the bus to save his own ass. The fact that he and his council are preaching from the same script as the UMN response says it all.

To what end though? UNM actually doesn't dispute the NOA violations in sections of the allegations against Barney. They admit and agree that LL was factual in several instances. If it was to reduce the LOIC charge you still have multiple boosters you disassociated and even if the portions they are fighting are removed, the violations are still Level 1 major. So that doesn't make sense.

If you trying to separate Freeze so he doesn't get the HC responsibility charge, why not do similar with all the other coaches named. Again, there is still more than enough for the COI to charge Freeze with failure HC responsibility regardless and the only way that may get work was for Barney to absolutely admit to his wrong doing but also exonerate Freeze by fully playing the lone rogue coach role. Which is false in itself with all the other coaches involved.

It all seems like half steps and I think Barney has genuinely felt betrayed by UNM response, at least partially. And it may be that he was suppose to be taken care of but at some point UNM realized they had to cut someone loose legitimately and Barney was not informed until it was too late.

yjnkdawg
06-09-2017, 05:53 PM
You would think a bunch of educated, seemingly intelligent people would be smarter than this. I wonder if they all believe that Mullen really convinced Leo to lie to get Ole Miss in trouble or if they just thought that this would be a good strategy. Either way, I'm sure the COI is going to have a good laugh at the Rebels expense.

I think it was just to get it on record, as OM knew Mullen wasn't going to interview. Now lets switch the scenario around. Would Freeze interview to help us out? "Aww shucks I'm all booked up." No way he would.

Spiderman
06-09-2017, 06:24 PM
Freeze is blaming State and Ole Barn.

His "It makes me want to vomit" statement makes me want to vomit.

The man has no shame

Mimi's Babies
06-09-2017, 06:27 PM
It doesn't take one long to understand how Barney intends to vindicate himself...Jeez...

"Redacted is the only witness that provided any purported evidence against Coach Farrar.

Redacted is a young man that now plays football for Ole Miss?s rival, redacted .

Redacted likely lured into this witch-hunt by his own head coach so he could escape NCAA charges

himself, deflect his misdeeds onto Farrar and Ole Miss, and keep his eligibility to play for redacted.

A young man who, undeservedly, was given immunity as the NCAA enforcement staff

deliberately turned away from his own admitted violations so that it could pursue the school and

the recruiter it really wanted ? Ole Miss and Barney Farrar."

These statements are NOT the truth.....

Mimi's Babies
06-09-2017, 06:30 PM

Educated IDIOTS... with no common sense....

Really Clark?
06-09-2017, 08:10 PM
Freeze is blaming State and Ole Barn.

His "It makes me want to vomit" statement makes me want to vomit.

The man has no shame

Agreed. And I know I'm far from perfect but his ACTIONS really makes you question his walk with God and how genuine he really is not.

Turfdawg67
06-09-2017, 09:17 PM

Dude, you're not following along... they WERE all singing from the same script on May 23rd, blaming MSU and Mullen, but after ole Barn submitted his response, Ole Miss changed their tune and threw Barney under the bus instead. That was this week when their response was made public. That's why Barney and his attorney were pissed and felt "betrayed" a few days ago.

WesternSkyDawg
06-09-2017, 10:00 PM
Barney got paid, and barney has done his job.

He's denying all, but is actually falling on the sword.

Y'all need to listen to Spiderman and Thick

Yes, Spidey occasionally seems like he's been snowed by the bears. But he's nailed this one.

Any Godfather fans out there? Remember when Tom goes to Frankie Five Angels in the pen and tells him about what happened to the Romans when there was a failed coup? The families were taken care of and the one sacrificed was allowed a final party before he quietly slipped off to the next world in a nice, warm bath? And Frankie says, " that was a good deal" then slips away with his wrists slit?

Barney will be just fine. The hope is that the jilted lover routine gives him some extra credibility. How? Because he still hasn't given any details or evidence that would implicate Freeze. He says he thought he was a part of the team. But he has still given up NOTHING that would implicate anyone else. I mean, surely if he's been cast out and is now "very, very mad and hurt", surely now if he had any evidence to offer, he'd come out with it now?! And if he doesn't, that just shows he must not have anything on Freeze, and the reason that is, is that Freeze is truly innocent. Right???****

Pay no attention, COI, to the admitted instances of Freeze meeting recruits in the presence of boosters, and to the dozen or more boosters disassociated for admitted violations under his watch, and the unprecedented number of admitted Level 1's UNDER HIS WATCH. If the one with the biggest axe to grind still says he's pure as the driven snow, well, he must really be pure as the driven snow. Right???***

It's a poorly acted off-off-off-Broadway play. Barney and Bruse are no Errol Flynn and Sir Laurence. And the Northeastern academics on the COI know their theater.

Chip
06-09-2017, 10:39 PM

Yes, Spidey occasionally seems like he's been snowed by the bears. But he's nailed this one.

Any Godfather fans out there? Remember when Tom goes to Frankie Five Angels in the pen and tells him about what happened to the Romans when there was a failed coup? The families were taken care of and the one sacrificed was allowed a final party before he quietly slipped off to the next world in a nice, warm bath? And Frankie says, " that was a good deal" then slips away with his wrists slit?

Barney will be just fine. The hope is that the jilted lover routine gives him some extra credibility. How? Because he still hasn't given any details or evidence that would implicate Freeze. He says he thought he was a part of the team. But he has still given up NOTHING that would implicate anyone else. I mean, surely if he's been cast out and is now "very, very mad and hurt", surely now if he had any evidence to offer, he'd come out with it now?! And if he doesn't, that just shows he must not have anything on Freeze, and the reason that is, is that Freeze is truly innocent. Right???****

Pay no attention, COI, to the admitted instances of Freeze meeting recruits in the presence of boosters, and to the dozen or more boosters disassociated for admitted violations under his watch, and the unprecedented number of admitted Level 1's UNDER HIS WATCH. If the one with the biggest axe to grind still says he's pure as the driven snow, well, he must really be pure as the driven snow. Right???***

It's a poorly acted off-off-off-Broadway play. Barney and Bruse are no Errol Flynn and Sir Laurence. And the Northeastern academics on the COI know their theater.

This

Bully13
06-09-2017, 11:39 PM

I realize props have already been given to this post, but I feel compelled to bump again. And not just because I'm a big godfather fan. All around excellent analogy sir, well done.

gravedigger
06-10-2017, 08:46 AM
Here it is.

Now I'm a little bit slow in reading all of this and looking at the dates, but as mentioned earlier, and in the way Farrar's lawyer responds in this case, it's obvious this response was not written with the ole miss response to the NOA in hand.

Thus we had the releases by team Farrar suggesting he'd been made a scapegoat since May 23rd.

Question: WHO released the response by Farrar's attorney dated May 23rd to us?

Seems peculiar that Farrar's attorney would release this AFTER the response to the NOA by Om had been made public.

If OM attempts too hard to continue to throw Farrar under the bus at the COI meeting, I suspect they may give Farrar's attorney a chance to speak to identify if this response was all a bait and switch moment. In front of the COI, Farrar's attorney may just throw OM under the bus with the timeline to protect his client.

One other thing: Farrar's response sounds more like a restating of fact from an attorney defending OM than it does Farrar or his current attorney.

One thing I know for sure: OM and Farrar are not on the same team now no matter what money has changed hands. OM made sure that Barney had his lawyer write up that paragraph that doesnt fit in the rest of the response that says Freeze never told him to do anything wrong PRIOR to his access to the OM response.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-10-2017, 12:09 PM
And the Northeastern academics on the COI know their theater.

Not to mention Bucky's "A Fine Christian Man" schtick won't play too well with the Northerastern elites, either. His handlers need to advise him to he isn't trying to convince a bunch of naive hayseeds that are as image conscious as a school of 14 year old valley girls.

gravedigger
06-10-2017, 03:40 PM

So. Neat analogy.

But are there really fans of either university under the impression that the COI is going to consider all this and make a ruling based on who made the most compelling argument?

The COI isn't determining guilt. Om's bait and switch with Barney isn't going to mitigate a thing. Once the LOIC was written and Freeze was named, the game ended. All the COI wants to know is what measures OM will take to prevent this in the future.

By the NOA response om has said they've done all they are going to do and what's more, they aren't guilty of what they are accused.

While I understand they think they may be saving themselves a scholarship or a couple visits, Barney's statement, or loyalty , isn't relevant.

If Om want leniency they have until the hearing to accept that keeping Freeze will cost them at least 30% more severe punishment initially and a guarantee that the NCAA will return.

I'm thinking "cool hand Luke" is a better example.

Spiderman
06-10-2017, 04:39 PM

Thanks, and I humbly say I knew I had the true info. Also , believe me, I've never been snowed by those bastards...... I know them too well

RocketDawg
06-10-2017, 05:25 PM
Not to mention Bucky's "A Fine Christian Man" schtick won't play too well with the Northerastern elites, either. His handlers need to advise him to he isn't trying to convince a bunch of naive hayseeds that are as image conscious as a school of 14 year old valley girls.

Anybody know if the COI meeting actually has OM folks (Bjork, Freeze, et al) actually pitching their case, or is it just a decision delivery process based on the responses already submitted?

RocketDawg
06-10-2017, 05:27 PM
Nobody's mentioned it that I've seen, but there are responses available also from Kiffin, Nixon, and Harris at the same google site.

Mimi's Babies
06-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Nobody's mentioned it that I've seen, but there are responses available also from Kiffin, Nixon, and Harris at the same google site.

Don't leave out Saunders....

Next meeting for a COI is in August according to NCAA schedule-- saw someone post -- then someone posted that UNC was scheduled for that meeting.... Here's the calendar...

http://www.ncaa.org/governance/committees/ncaa-division-i-committee-meetings-calendar